South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Garage > Engine Management

Engine Management For all your mapping,diagnostics and electronics

Old 14-06-2015, 04:28 AM
Regular User

Default Apexi FC power

Anyone using one of these at the minute? Just wanted to know if they work well with the Classics. Also If anyones selling one I may be interested in buying a 3 plug one ideally with a commander.
Old 14-06-2015, 07:04 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Welcome

There's definitely people on here using them. How did you find us from Thailand!?
Old 14-06-2015, 06:18 PM

Had one on my classic, loved it, the commander is great too, can be used for various gauges and even has a nice knock meter built in.

They are easy to map as well

Mapped and maintained by FBTuning 07595 493581.
Old 20-06-2015, 11:09 AM
Regular User

Sorry pal for the late reply, I never received any notification that I had messages. Any how I work Offshore in the UK and found southeast scoobies while I was at sea.
Old 20-06-2015, 11:12 AM
Regular User

Out here it seems all impreza owners seem to use HKS FCON VPRO. They dont seem to like the FC Power as much as the thais think its too old. They do things a little different out here if I must say.
Old 20-06-2015, 11:16 AM
Regular User

If you come across a 3plug FC power with commander please do let me know. Cheers..
Old 20-06-2015, 01:35 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

If your still running a MAF the PowerFC is the best ECU for a classic. They run better then stock off boost, can be mapped for 4 boost settings and as said above the hand controller is a useful meter/gauge.
I've been running and mapping mine on one since 2006.
Had thought of changing to a SimTek or Alcatek but there a lot more money and many people seem to have cruise, starting and cold-to-hot transition running issues. Probably due to running MAFless.

Fcon iirc requires wiring harness mods.
Old 20-06-2015, 03:40 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
If your still running a MAF the PowerFC is the best ECU for a classic. They run better then stock off boost, can be mapped for 4 boost settings and as said above the hand controller is a useful meter/gauge.
I've been running and mapping mine on one since 2006.
Had thought of changing to a SimTek or Alcatek but there a lot more money and many people seem to have cruise, starting and cold-to-hot transition running issues. Probably due to running MAFless.

Fcon iirc requires wiring harness mods.
Hi there,

Yes I am still using MAF, again here in Thailand the Thais dont like using it, the FCON VPRO takes away the MAF which they prefer it that way...

Also Fuel is different out here as well... the highest rating fuel they get here is 95. They have alot of Ethanol based fuels such as gasohol, E20 and E85.. Ive been told E85 has a drastic cooling effect and you can tune more aggresive, however im hesistant to using it as Im not sure over a long term if it causes any engine damage.

At the minute im using normal 95 with octane booster which claims it takes it up to 98RON.. Any advice as to what the best fuel I should use with the fueling options I have out here?

Gasohol 10% ethonal 90% 95 petrol
E20 20% ethonal 80% 95 petrol

Cheers