South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > Non Scooby / Non Car Related

Non Scooby / Non Car Related Anything Non-Scooby related.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:49 PM
Gold Member

Default England vs USA

The beers are in and going down well! Iam thinking 2-0 what you thinking?
Old 12-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Bronze Member

What am i thinking hmmm how about "GREEN YOU TOSSER!" ?
Old 12-06-2010, 10:07 PM
Gold Member

Maybe all those idiots that think England are going to win the World Cup will come back down to earth now!!!
Old 12-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Crowman

I thought Johnson and Heskey played well, which is something I never thought I would say. Watching Argentina today makes you realise just how average we are. Still think we will play well enough to reach quaters but any further will be luck.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:08 PM
Gold Member

bloody dissapointing start to the world cup lets get hart in goal for a start!!! and crouch or defoe on from the beginning as well with rooney!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 13-06-2010, 10:04 AM
Gold Member

Any one miss the 1st goal? Bloody itv!!
Old 13-06-2010, 10:36 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Rob Green's blunder was a shocker, and its not like he hasn't done it before!

He's had his chances, now get Hart or James in goal before he wrecks another game.
Old 13-06-2010, 10:47 AM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post

He's had his chances, now get Hart or James in goal before he wrecks another game.

Jamie Theakstone get my vote, after playing the other night, mind you he doesn't like going to his left.

Personally i think they all go back to school and learn how to pass the ball without giving it away, they should also remember there is two sides to a pitch and not play only down the left hand side, many a time there was loads of space for the play to be switched, but no, play was nearly always down the left.
Old 13-06-2010, 11:35 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Is it me, or do we spend alot more time knocking the ball about in our half.
Other international teams don't seem to do that.

At times it's almost...nah i don't want it you have it, sod that I had it just now he can have it. And then when we are on for a goal, it's I don't wanna shoot i might miss, you have a go. No you have a go.. in the mean time the opposition has re-grouped.
Old 13-06-2010, 11:46 AM
Gold Member

Come on guys stop slagging the players there only payed £100k aweek, would you really want to perform for that money

At least we have the slowest centre backs in the tournament!!!
Old 13-06-2010, 12:07 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
Thats the problem with being the keeper - one mistake and its potentially fatal. No one slagging off players who missed such blatant opportunities up front. No newspaper headings "Lennon/Heskey/Rooney/Wright-Philip misses cost England the game"
I reckon if Fabio made his mind up about the goalkeeper slot it would ease everyones nerves - if the player doesn't know he's keeping goal until the day of match how can they mentally prepare?
Old 13-06-2010, 12:50 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by baser999 View Post
Thats the problem with being the keeper - one mistake and its potentially fatal. No one slagging off players who missed such blatant opportunities up front. No newspaper headings "Lennon/Heskey/Rooney/Wright-Philip misses cost England the game"
I reckon if Fabio made his mind up about the goalkeeper slot it would ease everyones nerves - if the player doesn't know he's keeping goal until the day of match how can they mentally prepare?
Yes and no. It keeps the pressure on them to be at the peak of their game - as none of them can get too comfortable in the role. Like Rich says, they're paid enough to handle the pressure!

But i personally think that both James and Hart are better than Green anyway
Old 13-06-2010, 02:56 PM
Platinum Member

Used to love football & play 3 times a week.

Have NO time at all for it now.

It's a business...... period.
Old 13-06-2010, 04:15 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

If the over paid pre madonas had to earn there money perhaps things would be different.

ie No win no fee.

Most of the players couldnt even be asked to sing The National Anthem
talk about take a pride in your country, no wonder they dont apear to play with any fight or passion.

At least with the rugby players they take pride in representing the coutry..
Old 13-06-2010, 04:50 PM
Platinum Member

Football & sport in general needs more Gazza's.

Guys with a personality.

When a packed football stadium does not generate the weeks wages of the players it's not a sport.

Schumacher / Tger Woods and the likes earned huge bucks but they very rarely made mistakes.

Footballers earn huge bucks and make mistakes time after time ??? why the big pay packets for sportsmen who really are not "that" good.

Ronaldo £ 250.000.00 per week is a perfect example. Ok he will look good every now & again but how many times does he lose the ball and they pay him ONE MILLION pound every month...... crazy !

£ 20,000.00 a week is ample for a life of luxury in my book.
Old 14-06-2010, 09:14 AM
worzel

Agreed Clive

Footballers are overpaid, overstrung, oversexed and over-reated in the most part. They way these so called "superstars" act I think is dispicable, they are meant to be role models after all.

All clubs should impose wage caps, I'm not just blowing Fulhams trumpet here for being a lifelong fan, but they have a £30,000 per week cap, which I know has put many players off of coming to the club, it also was the reason we got rid of Jimmy Bullard, he wanted to be paid more than that because he was "special", more like ****ing special needs. I was incredibly proud when Fulham sold him rather than pander to his overinflated ego.

With regards the Rob Green howler, it is very true that he made a really basic error by not getting his body behind the ball, exactly the same as Scott Carson did. But, as stated earlier in this thread, you don't get a second chance as a keeper. If that error was made by one of the back four, there would have potentially been....

(a) 20 - 30yds to play with instead of 4-5ft
(b) 3 other defenders and a keeper to mop up the mistake

I think Hart is the best of the three in all honesty, but Green cannot be held responsible for the loss. The misses up front were shocking, Wright Phillips & Lampard were non existent and a complete waste of time. The team as a whole played far too many negative and hopeless long balls, with what has been widely stated a crap ball, when short quick passes are more the order of the day, if anyone watched the Germans or even Ghana for that matter, they would have seen just how effective this tactic was.

In summary, We are tactically inept, too scared of the massive and IMHO appaling media scrutiny and finally just not good enough to win it.

If only Bobby Zamora was fit
Old 14-06-2010, 02:43 PM
Bronze Member

Well hopefully thats the bad game out of the way - a game we should have won even with the mediocre performance.

Lets hope Barry is fit and Capello can start with his 1st choice midfield - and they can gel over the next 2 games, winning the group, stroll into the 1/4 finals and from there its anyones guess.

Stay positive lads!
Old 14-06-2010, 03:18 PM
SES Mercedes Division

After watching - in mute - the Algeria v Slovenia, England should have no worries about getting through