South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > Non Scooby / Non Car Related

Non Scooby / Non Car Related Anything Non-Scooby related.

Old 18-03-2011, 08:19 AM
admin

Default Problem with my windows

According to the chap that phoned yesterday

I got a phonecall from a chap who knew my name

You have a problem with your windows sir!

To say I was shocked was an understatement

"whats the problem?"

he told me I had a trojan trying to get in my windows

"really! I've got a friend with me, stay on the line whilst we check my windows" I asked.....

"ok"

My mate and I had a nice cup of coffee and a chat, whilst listening to the chap keep asking are you there, are you there? for 10 minutes

"thanks for waiting, we've checked all the windows and theres nobody trying to get in especially no trojans, we couldn't even see any wooden horses"

He tells me that I need to check my computer!!!

whys that?

because you have a trojan within windows

Really sorry I said, we thought you meant someone was trying to break in my windows

(now, we are not sure if maybe my telephone manor is not the best, wether it was a bad line or wether it was just that the chap just did not understand my English)

Yes he said, you have a trojan trying to get in your windows

Are you sure? we have just checked and locked all the windows to be safe

Antivirus won't pick it up he said

I told him my windows were fitted by a company from Brighton and that they seemed pretty safe and secure......

He told me theres definatly a trojan within my windows as he could see it and that if I went to a certain website and followed his instructions that he could show me the trojan

I told him to hold on for a minute 5 minutes later I told him that we had looked all round outside the house and we could not see him
I even got my mate to confirm it to him, even asking if he was hiding behind the blue car down the road, we thought we had seen something but we both put it down to being a cat

You won't be able to see me he said, you need to follow my instructions to see the trojan

We won't see you are you invisible, asked my mate

You have a trojan within your windows sir

within my windows can you call the Police for me then? (i asked him nicely)

sorry sir windows on your computer

you need to speak more clearly, you had me and my mate worried then we thought you was outside and someone was breaking into my house

No, sorry sir I mean you have a trojan / virus showing on your pc...

windows on my pc?

yes sir

but I don't have windows on my pc

you must have, its clearly showing here that your windows are infected

can't be, don't have windows

well if you go to this site sir I can show you the virus within your windows

I'm really sorry sir but if your systems showing that I have a problem with windows on my pc, then your system must have a virus or something

Theres no pro (I stopped him mid conversation)

My mates just told me that perhaps your phone has a virus too

No sir, if you will ju (stopped him again, very rude I know)

Sorry, we have both spoken to you on the phone!!!! so we are going to the shops to by some anti virus sweets and maybe book in with the doctor!!!

No Sir, if you will (stopped him again)

I can definately feel my throat getting a bit sore, I suggest you get to the doctors too, we may all have a virus now,, thanks for calling

45minutes

Do people really fall for this guff give him one thing though, he was persistant
Old 18-03-2011, 08:22 AM
SES Mercedes Division

Nice one

Hope i get one of these calls
Old 18-03-2011, 08:41 AM
admin

Its a pain because its not the first time they have called.....

they don't get the message though