South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > Events & Meets > Other Events

Other Events Other Regional Events, National Events, Track Days, Tunnel Runs Etc Etc

Old 11-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Gold Member

Default Winter Rallycross Masters - Lydden Hill, Feb 12th *CANCELLED*

Right, this is event is looking tentative at the moment, but I thought I'd stick a post up here just so people are aware of it.

Saturday 12th February is the Winter Rallycross Masters at Lydden. If you are a unsure exactly whereabouts Lydden is (its near Dover) then have a quick click here:

http://www.lyddenhill.co.uk

Winter Rallycross events tend to be used as a testing session for a lot of the drivers, so entry lists are annouced quite late and there isn't normally as many cars present as the bigger British and European Championship events. There should still be some close racing though, so it should be worth a drive if you're around!

Last edited by tbtstt; 07-02-2011 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Event cancelled
Old 11-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

probably a bit too far to drive for me (just over 90 miles each way!) considering the entries issues and the risk of dodgy weather!
Old 11-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
probably a bit too far to drive for me (just over 90 miles each way!) considering the entries issues and the risk of dodgy weather!
There should be an entry list nearer the time and, to be honest, if the list is poor I expect they will scrap the event.

Hopefully they will get enough cars to run it though as it would be a good warm up before the rallycross season kicks off in March!
Old 29-01-2011, 11:40 AM
Gold Member

More details starting to come in on this now:

Gate opening times: 9am - 4:30pm
Admission prices: £12, under 12's go free

Entries are being taken this week and there should be an entry list issued towards the tail end of this week. Its obviously entry depenant, but they are hoping to run all the 2011 BRX classes:

Supercars
Supermodfied
Suzuki Swifts
Junior Swifts
BMW Minis
RX150
Stockhatch
Senior Minis
Junior Minis

Old 29-01-2011, 12:46 PM

i won't be at this i'm afraid.

if i've got the day spare, i'll be going here instead: http://www.wyedeanrally.com/
Old 31-01-2011, 01:01 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
if i've got the day spare, i'll be going here instead: http://www.wyedeanrally.com/
I've just noticed that the South Downs Stages (Goodwood) are on the same day as well. Bloody typical!

Think I'll be sticking with Lydden - assuming there is a decent entry list that is.
Old 31-01-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
I've just noticed that the South Downs Stages (Goodwood) are on the same day as well. Bloody typical!
Oh bluddy hell, didn't realised that.

Been to the South Downs Stages before (as i mentioned yesterday i think) - its very similar in terms of organisation to the Brands rally - but just with less speccies.

Now i'm not sure what to go to. Wyedean is better for sure, but Goodwood is only 45 mins from here....
Old 04-02-2011, 03:17 PM
Gold Member

Looks like this has now been cancelled. It will instead be a rallycross testing day for the drivers, spectators can get in for free should you want to watch the rallycross cars being set up.

Have to wait until later in the year for the first proper rallycross fix though!