South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Garage > General Mechanics

Old 13-09-2012, 08:11 PM
Bronze Member

Default boost cut

how do i remove the boost cut ? im running 1 bar and on a nice cool evening it manages to hit the slightest over 1 bar hence hitting boost cut how do i get rid of the boost limit ?
thanks
Old 13-09-2012, 08:59 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

a fuel cut defender or remap.
from memory fuel cut is around 15.6psi which is around 1.1bar.
you need to be careful if not remapped as they can start to det at that and even more so if maf isn't running spot on.
Old 13-09-2012, 10:33 PM
Bronze Member

is it possible to map a 1994 ecu if so would that be the better option so the car is checked for det etc?
Old 14-09-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank_wrx View Post
is it possible to map a 1994 ecu if so would that be the better option so the car is checked for det etc?
You can drop a chip or chip emulator/adaptor into the spare location on the ECU main board running an alternative map, but these are few and far between these days. I sold approx 500 of the things back between 2004-2009 under the name of Polar Performance, but don't have any spares kicking around I'm afraid.

the ESL Live solution is probably the best option for a 1994-1996 ECU (£295+VAT plus mapping fee) now which converts your ECU into a fully remappable solution.
Old 14-09-2012, 02:20 PM
Silver Member

Eclipse Performance still do the chips, I bought an ECU with the chip already in:-

http://www.eclipse-performance.com/subaru/64

and here on ebay:-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Subaru-Imp...item27b1a7a16b

The new chip is also mapped for 97ron so you can get fuel anywhere without octane booster if your car is an import, or you can run 95ron cheap fuel and octane booster
Old 14-09-2012, 07:38 PM
Authorised Trader

i would be extremely cautious with buying chips from an uproven source..........

very cheap way to cause huge expense IMO

ASPerformance 0191-4103770
PELTOR, PFC BRAKES, PAGID MOTUL, FERODO, SPEEDLINE, TRS, MINTEX, PIAA, HELLA, TEIN, WHITELINE, SUPER-PRO, MILLERS OILS
online shop!!
Old 14-09-2012, 08:19 PM
Silver Member

Agreed, but I know someone on the type-ra forum who ran this chip for a few years, then sold it to me and I been running it a few months now doing about 900 miles a month so I think it's ok.
Wouldn't have suggested it otherwise.

Just be sure to tell them the exact ecu U have along with turbo and injectors

Edit:-
Just checked my inbox and I bougt the chipped ECU at the start of april this year and I fitted it right away so iv' done approx 4,500 miles on it running 95ron fuel and octane booster

Last edited by andy-m; 15-09-2012 at 07:03 AM.
Old 15-09-2012, 08:46 AM
Authorised Trader

the other issue you have if you simply remove the boost cut is wether yuou have enough fuel for the boost it pulls..........

ASPerformance 0191-4103770
PELTOR, PFC BRAKES, PAGID MOTUL, FERODO, SPEEDLINE, TRS, MINTEX, PIAA, HELLA, TEIN, WHITELINE, SUPER-PRO, MILLERS OILS
online shop!!
Old 15-09-2012, 11:35 PM
Bronze Member

thats another good point i was in need of asking what fuel presure should i be running as it has a aftermarket regulator and walbra 255 but the gauge reads 2 bar what should it be ?
Old 16-09-2012, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank_wrx View Post
thats another good point i was in need of asking what fuel presure should i be running as it has a aftermarket regulator and walbra 255 but the gauge reads 2 bar what should it be ?
Thats a touch low. It needs to be around 3bar at idle when the vacum hose it disconnected.

When you re-attached the vacum connection the pressure will drop a touch but not as low as 2 bar.

Do you know if the regulator is a rising rate 1:1 type ?

I have a few standard pressure regulators kicking about if it will help.
Old 16-09-2012, 09:14 AM
Platinum Member

Should be about 2.7 connected but as above set with vac disconnected
Old 16-09-2012, 11:18 AM
Bronze Member

it dosent have the vac connected it looks like this item : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNIVERSAL-...#ht_1295wt_952

and after re checking today its more like 1.8 bar !! so should i turn it up asap?
Old 16-09-2012, 11:54 AM

bloody hell £18 for something as critical as a fuel pressure reg. i would take it straight off and fit a standard one or spend £200 on a quality fuelab item.

I'll send u a standard one or can bring one to the meet free of charge if it helps prevent an engine go pop.
Old 16-09-2012, 12:04 PM
Bronze Member

im trying to go over and fix / repair all the cheap bits and bodges the last owner/idiot has done the car wont be used again till after next pay day so will be getting a few bits including a good reg ! cheers