South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Showroom > Show 'N' Shine

Show 'N' Shine Cleaning / Detailing Talk

Old 18-05-2011, 03:55 PM
worzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Know what you mean with using it as a daily again. I was seriously toying with getting something to use for work, but when you add it all up, its mad running two for me and the mrs car. Also, the car runs better being used daily anyway.
It all sounds like a good thing Steve, but it becomes an expensive nightmare quite quickly mate. Plus it was a pain in the arse for parking

You are right about the car benefitting from being driven instead of sitting for weeks at a time. I am also falling back in love with it. I really considered getting rid a while back, just because the other 2 cars I had were so bloody comfortable. The Scooby has made my back ache for sure, but it has made me smile all over again too.
Old 18-05-2011, 04:27 PM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by worzel View Post
It all sounds like a good thing Steve, but it becomes an expensive nightmare quite quickly mate. Plus it was a pain in the arse for parking

You are right about the car benefitting from being driven instead of sitting for weeks at a time. I am also falling back in love with it. I really considered getting rid a while back, just because the other 2 cars I had were so bloody comfortable. The Scooby has made my back ache for sure, but it has made me smile all over again too.

and there lies the problem. It is tempting to go for comfort sometimes, but pound for pound they are one of the best drivers cars out there. I have driven mates 911's, fast merc's and Bm's etc, and whilst they are lovely cars that are very quick and far 'better' than the scoob, for me, they just dont hit the spot like my rattly old scoob!. I think its the fact that it is just a 4 door saloon and really shouldnt do what it does that makes it such a laugh. I have never owned a car for 5 years (usually 2 tops) and I still get in it today and it makes me smile. The only thing that has tempted me out of it more recently was an 08 plate C63 AMG on pistonheads. Now, that was very tempting, but I cant justify the extra at the moment and I dont think I could part with the scoob either.
Old 18-05-2011, 07:19 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by worzel View Post
Snap mate as soon as that drizzle arrived here this morning. Although it's good watching it running mainly straight off the car

Oh well, guess what I'll be doing again this weekend
Yeah but its been done properly the first time round so it shouldnt be as hard or need as mmuch effort to get it back to looking top draw stuff!
Old 18-05-2011, 09:42 PM
Crowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorscooby View Post
Yeah but its been done properly the first time round so it shouldnt be as hard or need as mmuch effort to get it back to looking top draw stuff!
A wash and some cherry glaze, job done.
Although we did want to put another coat of wax on, just ran out of time.

Mine was done nearly a year ago and its still so much easier to get it back up to scratch.

I will be giving mine loving on Monday.

Hey. Got the hammer out to the rear arches and rolled them, as rubbing a little with the more agressive settings.
Old 18-05-2011, 09:58 PM
Silver Member

Blinding job... When can i drop mine off?
Old 19-05-2011, 08:28 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Trouble is Nick, they look great for a day or so and then go back to normal. Mine is now covered again
Get some megs last touch detailer, it lasts ages espically if you get the 5ltr one and it brings it back to the original finish every time
Old 20-05-2011, 09:37 AM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyWRX View Post
Get some megs last touch detailer, it lasts ages espically if you get the 5ltr one and it brings it back to the original finish every time

Cool, I will try that Andy. I take it that is different to the Megs speed detailer that I use between polishes?

Steve
Old 24-05-2011, 04:28 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Cool, I will try that Andy. I take it that is different to the Megs speed detailer that I use between polishes?

Steve
ive used both and the last touch is deffinatly better, you can mix it up strong as you like depending on how dusty the car is, and if youve got a few coats of wax on it beads the dirt up so its eaiser to remove.

Still no replacement for a quick wash but much better for an inbetween wash or show touch up