South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Garage > Engine Management

Engine Management For all your mapping,diagnostics and electronics

Old 17-04-2020, 03:05 AM
Bronze Member

Excellent I wait for the modifications of the .XML
Old 17-04-2020, 04:53 PM
Bronze Member

Can a wideband be linked with the original ECU of the vehicle? I have a prosport with analog output 0-5v is there a way? The idea would be interesting for the Datalogging you take to capture the AFR values. Beyond that I have the visible instrument installed, but I wanted to know if you can add that.
Old 17-04-2020, 05:05 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Not on the standard ECU.
You can normally take one of the other outputs from the wideband as a pseudo narrowband. But when I tried it years ago it wasnt as good as running the OEM narrowband.
So I run both.
Narrowband in the header to keep ECU happy.
Innovate Wideband in the down pipe for monitoring/logging.
Just use the Innovate software in parallel on the laptop when road mapping.
Old 17-04-2020, 05:39 PM

Viper, have you read much about this https://ecutools.eu/chip-tuning/mmc-flasher/
Old 18-04-2020, 07:26 PM

Lots of hours spent during Covid-19 Lockdown staring at raw hex data. Comparing it against many other forms of data from Pre97 JECS ECU, Post 99 JECS ECU and Post 2001 Denso ECU, plus a few other nuggets of information, I've managed to decode and create an XML containing these, at present :

Boost Control - Limits
Boost Limit (Fuel Cut)
Boost Disable (Learnt Ign Retard)
Boost Disable (Learnt Retard Count)
Boost Disable (IAM Limit)
Boost Enable (IAM Limit)
Boost Control - Target
Target Boost (MT)
Target Boost Compensation (IAT)
Target Boost Compensation (Atm Pres)
Boost Control - Turbo Dynamics
TD Boost Overshoot A
TD Boost Overshoot B
TD Boost Underachieved A
TD Boost Underachieved B
Boost Control - Wastegate
Max Wastegate Duty (MT)
Min Wastegate Duty (MT)
Wastegate Duty Compensation (Atm Pres)
Fueling - Primary Open Loop
Lo Det Fuel Compensation
Hi Det Fuel Compensation
Primary Open Loop Fueling
Primary Open Loop Fuel Map Switch (IAM)
Ignition Timing - Learning
Ignition Learning RPM Division
Ignition Learning Load Division
Ignition Timing - Advance
Hi Octane Ignition Base Map A
Lo Octane Ignition Base Map
Hi Octane Ignition Base Map B
Ignition Timing - Compensation
Hi Octane Ignition Compensation
Lo Octane Ignition Compensation
Mass Air flow
MAF Sensor Scaling
Rev Limiter
Rev Limit (Fuel Cut)
Speed Limiter (Mph)
Speed Limiter (JDM Only)
Speed Limiter
Speed Limiter (Kmh)
Speed Limiter (JDM Only)
Speed Limiter
Old 18-04-2020, 08:29 PM

Just found another 2 related to IAM, so added above
Old 18-04-2020, 08:53 PM

Most maps within Ae800 (Early MY99 UK/EU), Ae801 (MY99 UK/EU), Ae802 (MY00 UK/EU), Af040 (JDM STi V5), Af041 (JDM STi V6) and Ag340 (P1) remain in the same address locations.
The only item that I have found that moves a little is the Speed Limiter. Ae800 and Af040 share the same locations for the Speed Limiter, the rest are in a slightly different location.

Interestingly the STi and P1 disable boost control alot sooner than UK/EU ECU, upon detection of detonation.
P1 still has a 112mph coded limiter, hence why they also run an external electronic de-limiter.
Old 18-04-2020, 11:52 PM
Bronze Member

So have you managed to see all those maps on ecuedit?
Old 19-04-2020, 12:03 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott.T View Post
Viper, have you read much about this https://ecutools.eu/chip-tuning/mmc-flasher/
I had not seen it! What an interesting option! The closest thing to the ECU jecs 99 is the module 29, although it is not the same chip anyway I suppose it is compatible.

Module 29 supports these chips
WA12212930WWW, WA12212940WWW, WA12212970WWW

I have the WA12212920WWW

I don't understand or work, what would it be? Is it a USB Dongle which allows you to unlock and read the integrity of the ECU as Ecutek does, let's say, to download the HEX map and then be edited in programs like ecuflash? I read everything but the truth I am not understanding I believe how this option is.

https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forum...lt-lt-lt-lt-lt

Last edited by viper1982; 19-04-2020 at 12:36 AM.
Old 19-04-2020, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper1982 View Post
I had not seen it! What an interesting option! The closest thing to the ECU jecs 99 is the module 29, although it is not the same chip anyway I suppose it is compatible.

Module 29 supports these chips
WA12212930WWW, WA12212940WWW, WA12212970WWW

I have the WA12212920WWW

I don't understand or work, what would it be? Is it a USB Dongle which allows you to unlock and read the integrity of the ECU as Ecutek does, let's say, to download the HEX map and then be edited in programs like ecuflash? I read everything but the truth I am not understanding I believe how this option is.

https://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forum...lt-lt-lt-lt-lt
I believe it's download and reflash tool. The dongle/usb is just the key to unlock your purchase. I expect you can download the software FREE but cannot use it without the USB dongle.
Old 19-04-2020, 01:14 AM

Quote:
So have you managed to see all those maps on ecuedit?
Yes, I have spent many hours collating all the information I have to help unlock the address locations and decoding of all of the above.

I'm not totally sure what all the maps do, but information I have from many sources helped me piece it all together.

No single source of information I had pointed me directly at them, but with a starting point of valid bin files, through processes of elimination, studying a large archive of ECU data/application and also going back to what I had previously unlocked on the JECS 1993-1996 ECU (nearly 20 years ago), I combined this all with studying ECUEdit and how it reads newer Denso ECU I was able to create ECUEdit XML.

I'm quite pleased with the result.
But the largest factor by far was having plenty of time, due to lockdown.
Old 19-04-2020, 01:17 AM
Bronze Member

Good that this time has been useful for you to compile all the information and achieve that result, it is excellent for what you detail you access everything. Very good!
Old 19-04-2020, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Good that this time has been useful for you to compile all the information and achieve that result, it is excellent for what you detail you access everything. Very good!
It's not everything. There's a lot more locked up inside. I would like to find Injector scaler info etc.
But it's enough information to be able to apply a good tune, flash capability allowing.
Old 20-04-2020, 04:44 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
I believe it's download and reflash tool. The dongle/usb is just the key to unlock your purchase. I expect you can download the software FREE but cannot use it without the USB dongle.
I was consulting ECUtools this option and the specific compatibility or the AE800 ECU occasionally, they asked me for the processor model of this, and apparently the procedure is possible.

Now I was thinking, using this method you download the complete .BIN and then edit the tables in another program like Ecuflash or Romraider? In other words, is a definition ECU necessary in order to access the locations of each map that you want to alter?
once the modifications have been made, the .BIN is uploaded to the ecu by means of reflash and everything should be ok? Is that so?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CHIP ECU.jpg (84.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Mail.jpg (82.6 KB, 10 views)
Old 20-04-2020, 07:50 PM

Quote:
I was consulting ECUtools this option and the specific compatibility or the AE800 ECU occasionally, they asked me for the processor model of this, and apparently the procedure is possible.

Now I was thinking, using this method you download the complete .BIN and then edit the tables in another program like Ecuflash or Romraider? In other words, is a definition ECU necessary in order to access the locations of each map that you want to alter?
once the modifications have been made, the .BIN is uploaded to the ecu by means of reflash and everything should be ok? Is that so?

I emailed them too and they asked the same question. I sent an image of my processor yesterday.

The key thing to take from your very short response from them is that they state "it should work" rather than it "will" work.

Their description of what their tools provide, which is quite detailed, does not align with the responses we have been given. I would of expected a more detailed response and confirmation of what access is available.

If the tools provide all the facilities as advertised I would of expected a more focussed response and knowledge of this ECU. Just because it supports the same processor does not mean the code base, comm port access peripherals and data storage is the same.

Sorry but I've been biten by this before buying EPROM programmers that were supposed to support the MBM27C1028 chip. Yes they support 1024 but not 1028.

Best thing would be to find if anyone else is using it.
Old 20-04-2020, 07:58 PM
Bronze Member

As is, neither am I satisfied with the ambiguous and doubtful answer. I will continue investigating and looking to see if someone has used it.
Old 20-04-2020, 10:25 PM

But coming back to your question.
Yes if you upload the full image, make changes in ECUedit or Romraider (defs required) you can then reflash, as long as flash goes back to same address. Files are not address mapped like an s-record, so the tool would need to be configured to load back to where retrieved.
I dont think JECS ECU use a checksum facility, but a good tool should deal with that anyway.

For accurate tuning though during live scenario you will need a logger. Preferably one that ghosts over the maps, cell by cell.
Unfortunately that's a whole new set of defs to determine where to read live data from.

Have you tried ECUedit logger via the SSM1 option. I get an SSM1 can't find error ?
SSM2 works but alot of parameters are empty or 0.
Old 21-04-2020, 03:15 AM
Bronze Member

I have only used SSM II which is what ecuedit lets me connect and do datalog.
Then using Evoscan 2.9 (from Mitsubishi) Use Openport 1.3 (FTDI / 12 pin / SSM) I read several parameters but there are some that remain at 0 such as Load.
In what I have tried so far the best Datalogging I have been able to achieve through the old and beloved Ecuexplorer.

I have noticed that despite how basic ecuexplorer is, it is the program that throws the most data when doing a datalogging since there are values ​​such as LOAD and IAM that are configurable from a menu and adapts to different Ecus's, not the others programs like Ecuedit. This allows me to do logs but the variables that I can see in my AE8xx ecu are more limited. Surely in newer ecus this must change.

Anyway, what I'm doing today is taking the logs with ecuexplorer, but later I open them with Ecuedit. And I contrast with "view in link mode" - "playable link" and with the xml data you sent me the other time I can contrast at least some tables and more or less see how it behaves. Although I can not modify anything, my intention is to see how the ecu behaves before boost increases and others. Find safe boost limits where possible.

As for the xml, going back to the work you took, can that xml be executed or adapted in some way to the ecuflash for example? or the xml are exclusive and unique for a certain program. That is not very clear to me.
I keep going through the groups and I have not found anyone who has ecu definitions or anything for jecs my99 / 00 is frustrating. The subject is half forgotten.

Last edited by viper1982; 21-04-2020 at 03:24 AM.
Old 21-04-2020, 08:49 AM

ECUFlash and Romraider definitions should be possible, leave it with me.
Epifan replied to my email regarding SSM1 and confirmed it's not supported. So I'm not sure why the option is available for Pre2001 on the menu.
Unfortunately Epifan email response have always be short/brief and a little demeaning. Which is not the best considering I paid £300, i believe, a few years back for the Pro suite.
Old 21-04-2020, 10:47 PM

Tried to create Romraider/ECUFlash XML but gave up, too complicated as it appears to pull data from various sources (or my install has got over complicated after many many updates over the last 15 years !!!!!).

However, found this whilst googling ECUFLASH JECS :
http://www.subyclub.com/topic/12882-...tuning-option/

Which lead me to this :
https://lambdatuning.com/product/flash-license/

Very interesting and an alternative to ECULabs.
All ROM images are embedded in the download, although in a proprietary format.
Very detailed definitions for the JEC 99/00 ECU (access these by downloading S/W and then select file New)
Cost would be $350 for tools and 1 ECU Licence.

Supported Vehicles : https://lambdatuning.com/support/supported-vehicles/

More Info here : https://www.rs25.com/threads/diy-pro...thread.227292/

Would be interesting to see how good their logger is and whether it Ghost's over the maps. I have emailed them.

However, your virus protection may not like it.
There is a note about this on the website.
My virus detection prevents download, and also erases the exe file if you turn virus protection back on.
Old 22-04-2020, 01:48 AM
Bronze Member

This looks great! I'm going to read and see what you sent.
Old 22-04-2020, 06:06 AM
Bronze Member

everything it details is very good. Everything is so ideal that I even imagine that this was done by a former Ecutek employee hahaha. this method opens the doors of the ecu without modifying the bone input that evidently have obtained profound information from the ecu jecs and their ecutek counterpart or something because everything leads us to think that it modifies just as Ecutek does. The truth is that it is very good and it makes you want to take the risk and ask for it. I was almost determined to eculabs but this that you shared has left me in doubt that it will be better. also that the values ​​are similar. The difference is that there is no need to send the ecu for modification, which benefits me a lot given where I live.
Old 22-04-2020, 06:41 AM
Bronze Member

Doing a little research with the FreeSSM I could see the ROM ID of Original AE780 ECU (not my prodrive) to see if the Lambda Project has it, and yes, it has that exactly is more I just found out that it is Revision 3. There are all the most used GC8 ecu. The truth that the possibilities that I saw there and maps ... is incredible. I uninstalled the antivirus. I wanted to be able to test the software correctly without disturbing the antivirus.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AE800 ROM ID.jpg (68.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Lambda.jpg (47.2 KB, 19 views)
Old 22-04-2020, 11:09 PM
Bronze Member

Today I had a long Facebook chat with the lambda people and I liked the attention and advice. gives confidence to the system. I share a comment that happened to me which is interesting to start.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200422-180106.jpg (11.7 KB, 17 views)
Old 22-04-2020, 11:42 PM

I had email response from Michael @projectLambda today aswell.
Old 23-04-2020, 01:56 AM
Bronze Member

What did you think of everything? Did you consider purchasing it?

Today I contacted a friend who lives in Vancouver so that when I can go and buy me the Bluetooth interface since shipping to Argentina is not possible.
I get the license online so there is no problem. And the shipment of the device will have to be made by DHL or similar. It is a problem where I live with the shipments. So when I fix all the logistics I plan to buy it to test. I found it easier than Eculabs under the circumstances.
Old 25-04-2020, 01:40 AM
Bronze Member

Yesterday I finally made up my mind and acquired the license for a single ECU. So I contacted Michael again to ask him some questions, I sent him the BIN of my Prodrive AE801 ECU. and I generate the corresponding .tune file.
Anyway, mine is going to be long since the interface will go to buy a friend from Vancouver and see how it makes me get to Argentina. So until I can get my hands around and do something it's going to be a while yet. But minetras so much I am studying the software and the possibilities. What did you do in the end Scott, did you acquire something or are you still analyzing the options?

Anyway, my request for definition for the ecu prodrive was only to see if it solved something for me and the truth is that it generated the solution very quickly. The truth is that everything is very good and good attention.
I plan to modify the original AE800 and always work on that ECU. the prodrive remains from Bakcup in case something bad happens or I do something wrong with the ecu.
Old 27-04-2020, 03:47 AM
Bronze Member

Due to my lack of experience and habit of working with other units and seeing the tables in another way, I elaborated this excell to be able to see better what I interpret easier, I buy for whoever uses Lambda tuning over there it helps.

Although I still don't have the interface, I am investigating the lambda program to be able to do something when the moment of truth arrives.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Conversiones.zip (17.8 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by viper1982; 27-04-2020 at 03:55 AM.
Old 29-04-2020, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Yesterday I finally made up my mind and acquired the license for a single ECU. So I contacted Michael again to ask him some questions, I sent him the BIN of my Prodrive AE801 ECU. and I generate the corresponding .tune file.
Anyway, mine is going to be long since the interface will go to buy a friend from Vancouver and see how it makes me get to Argentina. So until I can get my hands around and do something it's going to be a while yet. But minetras so much I am studying the software and the possibilities. What did you do in the end Scott, did you acquire something or are you still analyzing the options?

Anyway, my request for definition for the ecu prodrive was only to see if it solved something for me and the truth is that it generated the solution very quickly. The truth is that everything is very good and good attention.
I plan to modify the original AE800 and always work on that ECU. the prodrive remains from Bakcup in case something bad happens or I do something wrong with the ecu.
Hi, Sorry for the slow reply. Having now been working from home on a Laptop for 5 - 6 weeks picking up another laptop in the evening has not been a priority for me.

I am not sure whether I will go with ECULabs of ProjectLambda yet, I need to look into a few more factors and features.
Neither provide a ghost/overlay when live tuning, which is a great feature for cell-by-cell calibration, even more so with direct flashing, rather then 'block of cells' calibration which is what you would resort to when your trying to match load Vs rpm from another window/view 'on-the-fly'.

In conversation with ProjectLambda they do seem open to enhancing the product and pushing features, such as this, higher up the development plan. Therefore I may see if I can tailor the solution to my requirements.

I would also like to see Primary Fuelling in AFR, because Injector Pulse Width is of no interest. I want to set the fuelling in the ECU to match, as close as possible, the AFR read by the exhaust probe across various load and rpm conditions, I don't want to be 2nd guessing what the IPW needs to be, the ECU can sort that via its own coding/maths.
Old 29-04-2020, 08:47 PM
Bronze Member

Hello Scott, good for one of the points that you say I already have the solution, I asked Michael the same, and he gave me the option of being able to use a map with "Live Tuning"
In fact what I did was email my Prodrive.BIN I compiled it in such a way that now I have an ECU definition of my prodrive, and this is my starting point as it has improved features compared to the original AE800, so that given this the truth that gets more interesting.
I attach the .tune for you to see, open it in the lambda software and you can see all the features that support live tuning.

In case you want to convert your AE800 / 801/802 into live tuning you just have to write that map that I send you and automatically you will not only have all the maps and behaviors of the Prodrive ECU but it also supports live tuning. And you already have a very good starting point.
What michael did is to combine the live update characteristics of the AE831 with the BIN that I sent him therefore he now supports the functions of live modifications.

Regarding what you say about the readings with other ways of interpreting, ami gave me headaches, I did not understand anything. What I did was at least with the base map of was it is to make me an excel spreadsheet to convert the values ​​of% to AFR
I am still trying to understand the maps of "Fuel Power mode" Fuel ratio A and Fuel Ratio B do not understand yet.

Last edited by viper1982; 07-02-2021 at 09:44 PM.
Old 29-04-2020, 08:50 PM

That's good to hear. Can you post up a video of the live tune/overlay in action ?
Old 29-04-2020, 08:53 PM
Bronze Member

There I finished editing the above and put the files.
I bought the license and paid for it. and I'm still waiting for the interface which a friend from vancouver went to buy for me to send it to me. I do not have the interface in my hands but with what I am seeing with the program and the possibilities it gives me a good idea of ​​how everything is coming. so far I like it. I'll see when I have the interface and make it work.
Old 01-05-2020, 09:08 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
That's good to hear. Can you post up a video of the live tune/overlay in action ?
Going back on this same thread. I saw this. will you have the .bin of that ecu to facilitate me?

ECUTEK TEK2 : 15.96psi, dropping to 11.47psi at redline
This was ECUTEK's upgrade that was good for 260BHP with a Cat or 270-280BHP with decat. It pushed the TD04 Turbo to it's limit.
Boost runs a similar profile to the Ae801 but with higher limits
Fuel is a touch leaner at the same load levels than an Ae801, but richer if it hits the higher load values induced by the additional boost
Timing is adjusted (retarded slightly) due to the additional load/boost achieved
Old 02-05-2020, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Going back on this same thread. I saw this. will you have the .bin of that ecu to facilitate me?

ECUTEK TEK2 : 15.96psi, dropping to 11.47psi at redline
This was ECUTEK's upgrade that was good for 260BHP with a Cat or 270-280BHP with decat. It pushed the TD04 Turbo to it's limit.
Boost runs a similar profile to the Ae801 but with higher limits
Fuel is a touch leaner at the same load levels than an Ae801, but richer if it hits the higher load values induced by the additional boost
Timing is adjusted (retarded slightly) due to the additional load/boost achieved
Sorry no. I only have an html extract showing key maps that I obtained from a ECUTEK beta tester many years ago.
Old 02-05-2020, 12:48 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Sorry no. I only have an html extract showing key maps that I obtained from a ECUTEK beta tester many years ago.
Any data you can give me about what you have anyway helps me, it is to compare fuel map, behavior of wastegate duty cycle or any information to compare and observe, since in the lambda there are many ecus I am currently looking and Comparing tables, out of curiosity and I think you can guide me at the time to be able to make a modification to my basemap when the time comes and I have the hardware in my hands.
Old 02-05-2020, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Any data you can give me about what you have anyway helps me, it is to compare fuel map, behavior of wastegate duty cycle or any information to compare and observe, since in the lambda there are many ecus I am currently looking and Comparing tables, out of curiosity and I think you can guide me at the time to be able to make a modification to my basemap when the time comes and I have the hardware in my hands.
With a TD04 turbo there isn't much more you can do over the Prodrive ECU. You could sneak the peak boost up a touch, maybe 0.1 bar, and then hold it a little higher at the top end, but probably only about 0.1-0.2 bar above where it is now.
This will need a corresponding adjustment of the boost solenoid. A rule of thumb is to adjust it the same % as the adjustment in target boost.

Fuelling on the Prodrive ECU will probably be fine but keep an eye on the ignition timing. I would start with pulling 1-2 degree's out around 4600 - 5400rpm at peak load, then just keep an eye on you IAM or if possible listen with DetCans.
Losts of 3rd gear 2,500rpm to 6,800rpm pulls should be done and if possible an un-natural 2,500rpm 5th gear pull for as long as you dare. This really checks overboost during spool and detonation well, but it's quite a tricky one to do. If you can't do 5th then 4th should suffice.

Keep an eye on what load is being produced and try and tune it so you have at least 1 column remaining. Ghosting/map overlay will help here if it works during live tune.

Does the ProjectLambda have the feature to flash the CEL upon detonation ? I've not seen it mentioned, but then it does have knock control so not such an important feature as it is on an Apexi-PFC
Old 02-05-2020, 08:11 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
With a TD04 turbo there isn't much more you can do over the Prodrive ECU. You could sneak the peak boost up a touch, maybe 0.1 bar, and then hold it a little higher at the top end, but probably only about 0.1-0.2 bar above where it is now.
This will need a corresponding adjustment of the boost solenoid. A rule of thumb is to adjust it the same % as the adjustment in target boost.

Fuelling on the Prodrive ECU will probably be fine but keep an eye on the ignition timing. I would start with pulling 1-2 degree's out around 4600 - 5400rpm at peak load, then just keep an eye on you IAM or if possible listen with DetCans.
Losts of 3rd gear 2,500rpm to 6,800rpm pulls should be done and if possible an un-natural 2,500rpm 5th gear pull for as long as you dare. This really checks overboost during spool and detonation well, but it's quite a tricky one to do. If you can't do 5th then 4th should suffice.

Keep an eye on what load is being produced and try and tune it so you have at least 1 column remaining. Ghosting/map overlay will help here if it works during live tune.

Does the ProjectLambda have the feature to flash the CEL upon detonation ? I've not seen it mentioned, but then it does have knock control so not such an important feature as it is on an Apexi-PFC
It is good information that you tell me, to take into account. If the truth is that using logic and playing fine I am going to have to look for the improvement, but as you say I cannot go very far from the map that I already have, I did not intend it either since I work with the TD04. Any other advice to keep in mind that you can give me will be welcome.
I already made Detcans for that purpose when the time comes. The available fuel here is 88 MON / 98RON.
But anyway detcans as you say to check.

Last edited by viper1982; 02-05-2020 at 08:15 PM.
Old 02-05-2020, 08:30 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
It is good information that you tell me, to take into account. If the truth is that using logic and playing fine I am going to have to look for the improvement, but as you say I cannot go very far from the map that I already have, I did not intend it either since I work with the TD04. Any other advice to keep in mind that you can give me will be welcome.
I already made Detcans for that purpose when the time comes. The available fuel here is 88 MON / 98RON.
But anyway detcans as you say to check.
Here you mean Increase ignition by 1 degree at a time, or decrease, my English is limited and there are temps I don't understand.
"I would start with pulling 1-2 degree's out around 4600"
Old 04-05-2020, 11:51 PM
Bronze Member

I was looking at the maps looking a bit to see where to touch lightly, but comparing with all the other ECU definitions I noticed that they all have the MAP A = B. instead the prodrive has different maps A and B. which is the important or logical has this can you explain me please?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PRODRIVE A.jpg (82.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg PRODRIVE B.jpg (83.9 KB, 18 views)
Old 09-05-2020, 07:44 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
I was looking at the maps looking a bit to see where to touch lightly, but comparing with all the other ECU definitions I noticed that they all have the MAP A = B. instead the prodrive has different maps A and B. which is the important or logical has this can you explain me please?
Finally after carefully observing the maps of all the Ae8xx note that the maps of spark B are all the same, only map A has varied in the different versions, I assume that map B is not in use in any of them.
What lambda projected will do with that map is to do the "Map Switching" in the future, thus giving a utility to this second ignition map.
Old 14-05-2020, 09:18 PM
Bronze Member

Ok, here I get the interface today, so the tests begin.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200514_155755.jpg (83.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200514_155900.jpg (95.3 KB, 10 views)
Old 14-05-2020, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Ok, here I get the interface today, so the tests begin.
Great news and good luck.
How does the licence get applied to the ECU
Old 15-05-2020, 01:57 AM
Bronze Member

As soon as I can connect, I will tell you how it is, since my Laptop does not have Bluetooth, buy a bluetooth USB Dongle but do not check the version, this is 2.0 and I need 2.1 EDR or later for its connection. When I manage to get it and connect, I'll tell you about the transfer of lisence to the ECU.
Old 17-05-2020, 01:04 AM
Bronze Member

Well finally I got bluetooth USB DONGLE 4.0 Now if I can connect perfectly with the interface.
The license was sent to me via email together with the respective purchase invoice.
Everything very correct and verbose.
The connection is made in a matter of seconds, it is very stable and fast.
To what you asked Scott I reply, the license is copied and pasted in a box where it does an "update" and automatically it has 1 free license available to "record" in any ECU that is desired. When the first ECU Write is made, it is transferred to the ECU and that's it. In fact I did it today and I already wrote the .TUNE prodrive in the AE800 (OEM my99), I left my Prodrive ECU as backup. Now I "turned" the original of my car into a prodrive. And it works wonders. That said, my starting base point is the ECU prodrive, based on that I will start making some adjustments.
I enable the "Live Tune" so I must say that the system works wonders, I spent approximately 5 hours testing and I am more than satisfied. It works as advertised.

I attach some images of the ECU licensing and engraving process.
The complete engraving process of the ecu is very fast, in fact it takes about 1 minute.
I am very satisfied with the product.

The steps the first time the ecu is recorded are

1-Enter the license (for first time)
2-Do the writing simulation to see that everything is ok
3-Write.
4-Done

For Writing both green tiles under the flyer must be jumped.

* The software has Changed quite a bit from the instructions in the RS25 forum for the use and testing of the Lambda project. Many things have improved. Changed and removed other little useful.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01-licence.jpg (56.0 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 02-licensetoecu.jpg (56.5 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 03-verify.jpg (46.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 04-write.jpg (51.4 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 05-finish.jpg (53.5 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by viper1982; 17-05-2020 at 02:36 PM.
Old 17-05-2020, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Well finally I got bluetooth USB DONGLE 4.0 Now if I can connect perfectly with the interface.
The license was sent to me via email together with the respective purchase invoice.
Everything very correct and verbose.
The connection is made in a matter of seconds, it is very stable and fast.
To what you asked Scott I reply, the license is copied and pasted in a box where it does an "update" and automatically it has 1 free license available to "record" in any ECU that is desired. When the first ECU Write is made, it is transferred to the ECU and that's it. In fact I did it today and I already wrote the .TUNE prodrive in the AE800 (OEM my99), I left my Prodrive ECU as backup. Now I "turned" the original of my car into a prodrive. And it works wonders. That said, my starting base point is the ECU prodrive, based on that I will start making some adjustments.
I enable the "Live Tune" so I must say that the system works wonders, I spent approximately 5 hours testing and I am more than satisfied. It works as advertised.

I attach some images of the ECU licensing and engraving process.
The complete engraving process of the ecu is very fast, in fact it takes about 1 minute.
I am very satisfied with the product.

The steps the first time the ecu is recorded are

1-Enter the license (for first time)
2-Do the writing simulation to see that everything is ok
3-Write.
4-Done

For Writing both green tiles under the flyer must be jumped.

* The software has Changed quite a bit from the instructions in the RS25 forum for the use and testing of the Lambda project. Many things have improved. Changed and removed other little useful.
Can you drive and live tune with the Green Diagnostic connectors connected, or do you connect only to flash.
Connecting Green connectors normally drops the car into diagnostic mode with no BCS boost control.
Old 19-05-2020, 04:58 AM
Bronze Member

The ECU flash connection can be left permanently without problems, but only by jumper. not connecting the two terminals that would be of the diagnostic cables (Green). I attach a photo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200518_205207.jpg (90.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200518_205228.jpg (76.1 KB, 16 views)
Old 21-05-2020, 03:41 AM
Bronze Member

I have seen that the datalogs that this program takes are not opened by ecuEdit, and I was very used to it. Is there any other similar and good log viewer like the ecuedit to open the CSV?
Old 21-05-2020, 08:24 AM

Quote:
I have seen that the datalogs that this program takes are not opened by ecuEdit, and I was very used to it. Is there any other similar and good log viewer like the ecuedit to open the CSV?
Can you open them in Ms Excel
Old 21-05-2020, 05:40 PM
Bronze Member

I tried as Scott says and if it opens through Excel, I miss the quick view graphs of EcuEdit, I had adapted very well to that logger. Simple and effective. But well this is so I must adapt to other methods.

Today I tested the connection of my other programs that I used to use through the Bluetooth device, and it works very well, I assign a port that in my case is COM 10. And through this I was able to connect with Free SSM, EcuExplorer and Romraider (Function Logger).
Communication is very fast and stable even being about 5 meters from the vehicle.

Analyzing with the vehicle at idle, draw some conclusions, comparing the logger data from different programs, and the most interesting thing I want to do is to draw a relationship between the "LOAD" index, there are programs that calculate it in g / s and others in "Calculated" which I don't know what it would be.
Then I could see that the softwares detect my ecu AE800 as the AE830 / 831 of course ... use the firmware of that ecu to be able to use the "Live tuning" functions. So I share this so that you can see more or less how everything is going. The system works very well, I have to do more tests and logs but I cannot do it given the quarantine of my country. The best tests will be when all this happens and you can go freely on a highway.

LOAD, Approximate relationship in equality of condition:

(Ecuexplorer/lambda tuning) 0.25 g/r
Romraider 5.5 (unit calculated?)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ecuexplorer logger.jpg (94.2 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg Romraider Logger.jpg (97.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg freessm logger.jpg (90.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Load scale.jpg (37.6 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by viper1982; 21-05-2020 at 05:55 PM.
Old 04-06-2020, 03:24 PM
Bronze Member

Today consulting Michael from the Lambda project, he told me that I need to make a connection from the Wideband output (0-5v) Direct to the original ECU signal of the oxygen sensor, to do datalog temporarily and then reverse this so that the ECU the car back to work with the original sensor (0-1v). Well, now my question arises in the fact that I will be putting 5 volts to that signal cable that originally works with 1 volt. This is safe??!

This connection would be temporary, I commented, and it is because my wideband instrument (Prosport EVO series) does not have a digital output, but an analog one. It has two one of Narrowband 0-1v
and Another Wideband 0-5v output but both are analog.