South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > Non Scooby / Non Car Related

Non Scooby / Non Car Related Anything Non-Scooby related.

Old 11-10-2018, 09:19 AM
Gold Member

Default Driving in the UK

So I was in the UK for a few days with quite a lot of driving to do. Firstly up to Horsted Keynes to see a mate. Sections of the road are almost undrivable, potholes that were there 4 years ago are still there,only difference is the paint marking them has faded. Next up to Ryan's so on the A27 Brighton bypass at 05h30 on Sunday morning. No traffic on the road except a black Audi in the outside lane, so came up behind him,gave him 30 secs to see me and as he didn't move a quick mainbeam flash . Instead of moving over he starts braking, WTF. Had to undertake him, if I'd had more time would have forced him into the central reservation. Then A23 at Handcross, road empty, cruising alone in inside lane again mid lane driver which meant I had to go out to the third lane to overtake. Indicated as I passed him and went back to the inside lane that their was an inside lane, but when I glanced in my rear view mirror there his was in the middle lane doing 60mph on an empty road!!!!. Rant over.
Old 11-10-2018, 09:24 AM
Authorised Trader

welcome to "my world"..............

aside from the state of the roads the std of driving has been gradually decreasing over the last 10-15yrs to the point that its rare not to meet a feckwit however short your journey.........
i often dont move now from the inside lane and simply carry on through and make no attempt to move - have even had a plod car "hogging" and done exactly the same

ASPerformance 0191-4103770
PELTOR, PFC BRAKES, PAGID MOTUL, FERODO, SPEEDLINE, TRS, MINTEX, PIAA, HELLA, TEIN, WHITELINE, SUPER-PRO, MILLERS OILS
online shop!!
Old 11-10-2018, 09:38 AM

damn Audi Drivers!!!

Seriously though - I agree, the state of roads in the UK has become worse and worse...Although nice to see Police now actually giving points and fines for "lane hogging".

Ryan

Maintained and Modified by Super Jules
&
RM Performance http://www.rmperformance.co.uk
Old 11-10-2018, 02:44 PM
Authorised Trader

when wad the last time you SAW a police car?? never mind them actually giving out penalties..........

PELTOR, PFC BRAKES, PAGID MOTUL, FERODO, SPEEDLINE, TRS, MINTEX, PIAA, HELLA, TEIN, WHITELINE, SUPER-PRO, MILLERS OILS
online shop!!
Old 11-10-2018, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asperformance View Post
when wad the last time you SAW a police car?? never mind them actually giving out penalties..........

In Kent - ALOT

Maintained and Modified by Super Jules
&
RM Performance http://www.rmperformance.co.uk
Old 11-10-2018, 08:48 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Lane discipline seems to of been forgotten by many in recent years. Or we have larger numbers on our roads without UK licence of knowledge of the highway code.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:31 AM
Bronze Member

the thing that pisses me off the most is people doing 40 in a 60/30 in a 50 etc, and people who pull out in front of you and drive slowly and make you slow down, or almost come to a stop when turning into a junction
Old 19-10-2018, 12:44 PM

Folks stopping at roundabouts when there is NOTHING at any other junction makes my pee boil!

Mapped and maintained by FBTuning 07595 493581.
Old 19-10-2018, 01:28 PM
Authorised Trader

the trick round here is to build big fecking hedges on the off side divider at roundabouts so you pretty ,much have to stop to be able to see any traffic........
W Tne exact F...........

online shop!!
Old 19-10-2018, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asperformance View Post
the trick round here is to build big fecking hedges on the off side divider at roundabouts so you pretty ,much have to stop to be able to see any traffic........
W Tne exact F...........

They do that here on the A27 roundabout (next to goodwood) every so often (A27 turns into M27...) needless to say when they don't bother to trim the grass leading up-to said roundabout for several months it causes in excess of a 1.5mile tail back :\ :S

Mapped and maintained by FBTuning 07595 493581.
Old 19-10-2018, 03:55 PM
Authorised Trader

its an actual "thing" around here - not simply they cant be ar$ed...........

obviously have no idea of easing traffic flow or assisting emissions

online shop!!
Old 19-10-2018, 03:59 PM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginola View Post
Folks stopping at roundabouts when there is NOTHING at any other junction makes my pee boil!
It's those tossers in BMWs that pull up alongside you at roundabouts that wind me up!
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter