South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 02-07-2020, 10:29 PM
Bronze Member

Default Didn't go to plan

I used my car for the first time last month since oct and after going Germany last years I thought I'd get a major service and a few odd jobs done why its there as i did a masive 2k that yr. When i went for a run it didn't feel right but nothing bad just a bit slower I thought and I made a funny stutter at one point.

He phoned me once he started saying i have bad oil leaks on the gear box in 3 places and around the bottom of the engine which turn out to be the sump... so I said may aswell put a baffled one on then.

Then today he called me again to say he taken the sump off and there is a fair amount of bearing and shrapnel in it..... so I now need an rebuild I'm gutted but it was on my list of things to do at some point.

So my cars now dead and and looks like its going nowhere this year apart from the 25miles iv done.... ill get all the details tomorrow when I go pick it up as I can't do it just yet so I'm going to save my penny's and go forged and look at getting big power out of it now.
Old 02-07-2020, 10:42 PM
Platinum Member

That's bad news Leighton, was the car at EKS?
Old 02-07-2020, 10:48 PM
Bronze Member

Yeah cars still at EKS.... at least it still looks nice i can go look at it in the garage from time to time
Old 03-07-2020, 10:22 AM

drop a used newage sti engine it and run it at 400+ hp will last and 400 in a classic is silly fast! (it will save you masses on a forged build you can spend on suspension and another nice bits )

Mapped and maintained by FBTuning 07595 493581.
Old 03-07-2020, 12:21 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginola View Post
drop a used newage sti engine it and run it at 400+ hp will last and 400 in a classic is silly fast! (it will save you masses on a forged build you can spend on suspension and another nice bits )

That sounds like a plan..
Old 03-07-2020, 12:32 PM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginola View Post
That would be my advice too - especially if you can get hold of a JDM low mileage lump from an importer/breaker
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 03-07-2020, 06:31 PM
Bronze Member

Thats not a bad shout I will look into a few options and see what what and go from there.
Old 04-07-2020, 06:14 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leight View Post
Thats not a bad shout I will look into a few options and see what what and go from there.
Speak to Alyn