South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Studio > Meet / Event Pics & Vids

Meet / Event Pics & Vids Post all your meet / event pictures here.

Old 14-08-2015, 01:29 PM
Gold Member

Default British GT Championship R6 2015 – Brands Hatch

I really enjoyed the Blancpain Sprint round at Brands Hatch earlier in the year, so I was keen to see some “proper” GT racing when the British Championship visited a couple of weekends ago.

There were a great mix of cars in the GT3 and GT4 classes, some were familiar to GT racing…

…and some were not! Nice to see how many different motorsport disciplines the GT86 is showing up in.

I cannot get enough of the GT3 Z4’s. Damn shame they are being replaced by the M6 at the end of the year, I cannot imagine the M6 will look (or sound) anywhere near as good.

Overall victory went to the number 1 GT3 Z4 of Marco Attard and Alexander Sims after chasing the leader down in second half of the race. The pair have now extended their Championship lead, so at least it looks like they will be giving their Z4 a good send off!

An Aston attempts a spot of grass cutting: the world’s most expensive lawn mower?

Brilliant race, especially the battle for the lead in the last half an hour. Would really like to catch some more GT racing this year, but I think that will have to wait for 2016 now!
Old 14-08-2015, 03:36 PM
Silver Member

As always Steve, an excellent collection of action pics
Old 14-08-2015, 03:38 PM
Silver Member

Agreed, fantastic race and so close in the closing stages. My mate had another bad day in the No. 32 Ginetta when the gearbox actuator seal failed and he found himself stuck in 4th. They managed to get it going again for the Pro in the second half of the race but he was 11 laps down by then although lapping at the same pace as the leaders.

The weather was a bonus too, and we took a leisurely stroll round the full circuit in the morning - what a place!
Old 17-08-2015, 02:58 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytes View Post
As always Steve, an excellent collection of action pics
Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRS View Post
Agreed, fantastic race and so close in the closing stages. My mate had another bad day in the No. 32 Ginetta when the gearbox actuator seal failed and he found himself stuck in 4th. They managed to get it going again for the Pro in the second half of the race but he was 11 laps down by then although lapping at the same pace as the leaders.

The weather was a bonus too, and we took a leisurely stroll round the full circuit in the morning - what a place!
Yeah, was a lovely day for it. Was 32 the orange Ginetta? I recall seeing it going round (it was pretty distinctive!).
Old 17-08-2015, 03:27 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Yeah, was a lovely day for it. Was 32 the orange Ginetta? I recall seeing it going round (it was pretty distinctive!).
Yes that was it, with a black stripe down the middle of the bonnet. You've got about a third of it in your last photo
Old 17-08-2015, 03:29 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRS View Post
Yes that was it, with a black stripe down the middle of the bonnet. You've got about a third of it in your last photo
Got a full shot of it, I haven't uploaded it to Flickr though...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Old 17-08-2015, 05:48 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Great pics and looked like cracking weather for a full fat fuelled day.
I would of been there but was on hols.
Old 17-08-2015, 06:19 PM
Platinum Member

Loving the mclaren. Great photos
Old 17-08-2015, 10:31 PM
Silver Member

Great pics thanks. Lots of expensive goodies on show there. The pro drivers are SO young!
Old 18-08-2015, 09:09 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hongkongfooi View Post
Loving the mclaren. Great photos
Unfortunately it strayed from the track on a couple of occasions: it still looked great though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott.T View Post
Great pics and looked like cracking weather for a full fat fuelled day.
I would of been there but was on hols.
Excuses. Have to say I much prefer the GP circuit, but its far more enjoyable walking round it in sunshine than it is trudging through mud if its raining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRS
Great pics thanks. Lots of expensive goodies on show there. The pro drivers are SO young!
Ha! I still find British Superbike Championship the worst for catching you out; you watch some of the big bike support races and expect all the riders to be older, they get to the podium and they are all 16!