South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > Non Scooby / Non Car Related

Non Scooby / Non Car Related Anything Non-Scooby related.

Old 28-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Gold Member

Default gutted

had my 19" superleggras wheels paint last week and went 2 get new tyres put on and was told 3 are buckled,took 2 wheel shop 2 c wot they could do and was told 2day they could only fix 1. £550 down the drain.so will have 2 save up for some new ones now
Old 28-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by didlo View Post
had my 19" superleggras wheels paint last week and went 2 get new tyres put on and was told 3 are buckled,took 2 wheel shop 2 c wot they could do and was told 2day they could only fix 1. £550 down the drain.so will have 2 save up for some new ones now

No thats not what you want..
Old 28-02-2011, 09:04 PM
Platinum Member

Ouch....go for 18's this time matey
Old 28-02-2011, 09:08 PM
Silver Member

Know how you feel Didlo, brought a set of rays from someone off this site and after i got them home found one was f**ked.

Last edited by midlife2; 28-02-2011 at 09:26 PM.
Old 28-02-2011, 10:24 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hongkongfooi View Post
Ouch....go for 18's this time matey
i am going 2 get 18" this time,just dont no wot style yet.

midlife2....not very nice when someone flogs u stuff that no is buggered is it.but you live and learn. will only by brand new wheels now
Old 28-02-2011, 10:27 PM
Gold Member

bugger
Old 28-02-2011, 10:29 PM
Silver Member

Yep, thought he was a trustworthy bloke but when i said one was buggered he denied it. I found out after i drove all the way to Lepsons to have them refurbished and they told me about the damage.
Old 28-02-2011, 10:35 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlife2 View Post
Yep, thought he was a trustworthy bloke but when i said one was buggered he denied it. I found out after i drove all the way to Lepsons to have them refurbished and they told me about the damage.
i no wot you mean got mine from a tyre company that was on there show car,that was probably **** aswell
Old 01-03-2011, 08:19 AM
worzel

That's **** mate. Sorry to hear this
Old 01-03-2011, 09:12 AM
admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by didlo View Post
Thats a bugger mate making the decision as to what to get next won't be easy! theres sooooooo many nowadays

Quote:
Know how you feel Didlo, brought a set of rays from someone off this site and after i got them home found one was f**ked.
Quote:

Not the sort of thing any of us want within the community Its unfortunate that there are a few people who are only here to sell things and make money from people We will keep an eye on the seller, shame we did not know nearer the sale time
Old 01-03-2011, 09:55 AM
Silver Member

OUCH!!!
Maybe its time to have a feedback/trader score?
I know you can't name and shame but with feedback you could a least look for yourselves as thats alot of money to lose.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby999 View Post
OUCH!!!
I know you can't name and shame.
Why not ???

We dont want want people on here you cant trust!!!
Old 01-03-2011, 11:02 AM
admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby999 View Post
OUCH!!!
I know you can't name and shame but with feedback you could a least look for yourselves as thats alot of money to lose.
Feedback's etc etc can be 'misleading' at times

Our current system of new members not being able to see the classifieds works fairly well Only a couple of issues we are aware of, one being sorted and items/ money recouped

We believe we have a good community spirit and its more akin to the old days where deals were done more to help other members, rather than just to make a profit

We have started to share more information with other forums and this will now include any seller issues making the whole community a better place to be for everyone...... we are after all here for the same reason

For sale forums are notoriously hard to monitor as most of the negotiating is off the forums. This is one of the reasons why we try not to let telephone numbers apear in for sale. If negotiations are on the forum there is some record, should there be issue at a later date.

Sort of getting off track here, sorry Didz
Old 01-03-2011, 11:34 AM
Gold Member

cant see trader score will work as my wheels came with partworn tyres and the wheels didnt look buckled.but when i went 2 put brand new tyres on then you could see that 3 had flat spots on the back of the rims.but never mind guys.i missed out on a brand new set of rb320 rims 2days ago on ebay that went for £460 aswell.but hay its all good fun,ive meet some real nice people while owning my scooby and thats worth any money i lost on deals.

ps i do like the wheels anger got they would look nice on my scoob
Old 01-03-2011, 02:58 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Feedback's etc etc can be 'misleading' at times

Our current system of new members not being able to see the classifieds works fairly well Only a couple of issues we are aware of, one being sorted and items/ money recouped

We believe we have a good community spirit and its more akin to the old days where deals were done more to help other members, rather than just to make a profit

We have started to share more information with other forums and this will now include any seller issues making the whole community a better place to be for everyone...... we are after all here for the same reason

For sale forums are notoriously hard to monitor as most of the negotiating is off the forums. This is one of the reasons why we try not to let telephone numbers apear in for sale. If negotiations are on the forum there is some record, should there be issue at a later date.

Sort of getting off track here, sorry Didz
I agree with what your saying but that kind of money with no refund is out of order.I would want everyone to know who this is as now it makes me wary of everyone on here
I dont think we should start a witch hunt,but the person has been asked for a refund but has chosen not to offer it so name and shame them and we can then choose if we wish to take the risk with them in the future.
This way it also allows them to defend their name.
This is the sort of **** that happens all the time on SN,people getting ripped off by the so called "community" and getting away with it.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:30 PM
admin

Quote:
I agree with what your saying but that kind of money with no refund is out of order.I would want everyone to know who this is as now it makes me wary of everyone on here
Agree with the wary bit for sure

The sale above with the Rays was a long while ago and I have only just been made aware of the problem. The seller / member is still active on the forums and perhaps he will comment on the issue raised.

It certainly does not look good for him, by all accounts selling something which has a fault and not offering a refund on being made aware of the problem especially as there is no mention of any problems within the advert. (not too difficult to find and not to be confused with the for sale ad currently running)

Quote:
Be honest with the description of the goods.
The above being above all the for sale forums, in the for sale info blurb, it would appear this was ignored! or did the seller not know of the issue? either way a refund should have been given!!!

We will be discussing things in our admin forums, however we need members who have had problems from purchases to make us aware as soon as possible. Like I say, we have been successful in the past recouping goods / money Its not always what you know

Quote:
This is the sort of **** that happens all the time on SN,people getting ripped off by the so called "community" and getting away with it.
and this is the main reason why we have the required post count before any access to the classifieds is available When the 'community' works its good for everyone, if people need to be made aware of a problem then so be it.

We have recently been working closer with the other associated forums on the sharing of knowledge banned members, questionable activities etc etc will now be passed round the various forums hopefully helping to make buying and selling and the forums in general a better place to be not just on SES but on the other forums members use also
Old 01-03-2011, 03:53 PM

Stop beating about the bush,

call a spade a spade and get things out in the open.