South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Showroom > Projects

Projects Tell us about your cars mods, past, present and future!

Old 04-02-2012, 11:19 PM
Regular User

Default Help - Boost gauge fitting?

Hi Guys,

just bought a gauge, which was supplied with very basic insructions, can anyone point me to a step by step install guide please?

03 WRX BUGEYE

Many thanks in advance

Greg
Old 05-02-2012, 07:21 AM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

Mechanical or electric?

For mechanical I ran the vac/boost hose from the 90 degree bend nipple on the front on the Manifold by tee'ing off the hose to the purge solenoid. I then followed the throttle cable back to the bulkhead and through a spare grommet back into the cabin.
You will need a restrictor pill in the boost gauge line somewhere unless it has one built into the T it was supplied with.

Wiring wise you need to find a switched live (back of clock is good) and earth for definite and possibly a lighting wire (again back of clock)

Pic of gauge/instructions would help?
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 16-02-2012, 01:26 PM
Regular User

Hello mate,

thanks for the response ! Sorry i haven't been back to you.Been laid up with man flu lol !

The guage is a Prosport green/white stepper series, just awaiting delivery of the A pillar pod o put it in.

My immediate worry was finding a route for the vacumn hose from inside into the engine bay !

Any help would be most appreciated

Thanks

Greg
Old 17-02-2012, 08:47 AM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

I'll take some pics later of where I've run mine - you will not need to run the vac hose into the cabin as it goes to a sensor then is electrical back into the car/gauge with the Prosport.
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 17-02-2012, 09:34 PM
Gold Member

Im round the corner in Darenth, I can give you a hand if you want.
Old 19-02-2012, 11:12 AM
Regular User

hello mate, thanks for the offer of help, that would be great ! I'm useless at things like this !!! lol

When you are ,free give me a txt or call and we can meet up

Thanks

Greg