South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Showroom > Members Car Profiles (Non-Subaru)

Members Car Profiles (Non-Subaru) Show & Tell Your Pride & Joy (Non-Subaru)

Old 08-08-2018, 10:44 AM
Bronze Member

Default Swiftly does it!!!

As we all know usually behind the cool car the never normally runs is an unsung hero who bombs around, takes daily abuse and never complains about it.... I'm my case it's a 2009 Suzuki Swift Attitude. A 1.3 motor that's supposed to be 94hp. Has factory sport style recliners, 17x7 rims in 215/40/17 rubber and last but not least a nifty little wing so you know it means business....

Now other than the slightly high seating position and what I can only class as a boat like ride it's actually not a bad place to be.... there is a huge dead spot in the rev range and the throttle response, which is drive by wire, leaves a lot to be desired.... and it quite, very very quite.... like you're not even sure you turned it on quite and I don't like that.... sooooo!
Old 08-08-2018, 10:53 AM
Bronze Member

I turned out all my off cut boxes, chopped up and old exhaust system I built for a golf gti years ago and set about doing the right thing!.....

Here is the stock pipe vs the 2.25" new version....

The rear muffler after it was chopped out the golf system, cleaned up and nodded for its new application....

Now these have an up and over type exhaust when you get to the rear axle. If I'm honest I couldn't be bothered to order in two flanges or v band this one so I used a slip joint and a set of long tabs that I usually use for manifold headers to keep it locked in place....

These are slightly longer than the ones I use on turbo headers like in the pick below.... 321 stainless turbo headers I also use a double slip joint for an added seal but it also still allows the pipes to move as they heat up improving reliability..... short ones pictured here:

Old 08-08-2018, 10:58 AM
Bronze Member

And the whole system and a pic of it fitted up.....

Now she sounds like a little rally car

As for the throttle response I have order a pedal box 3 unit. This is a device that goes between the plug on the pedal to the throttle body/edu that you can set to be normal or aggressive and anywhere in between.... so that is on its way so I shall wait to see how that goes when it turns up....
Old 08-08-2018, 11:14 AM

Excellent fabrication there mate

I think these cars are great little runabouts.

Ryan

Maintained and Modified by Super Jules
&
RM Performance http://www.rmperformance.co.uk
Old 08-08-2018, 11:32 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdlangy1 View Post
Excellent fabrication there mate

I think these cars are great little runabouts.

Ryan
Thanks, yes they are good little workhorses for sure.... hilarious to drive....
Old 08-08-2018, 12:45 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Great work Makes me really wish I was good at welding and stuff like this!
Old 08-08-2018, 02:48 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
Great work Makes me really wish I was good at welding and stuff like this!
The biggest thing with welding is knowing how to set the machine properly.... everyone welds differently but once you have a good base to go from you can tweak settings to suit the individual.... the rest is just practice and making sure you enjoy what you're doing
Old 08-08-2018, 03:14 PM
Platinum Member

That system looks amazing , love the manifold.
Old 08-08-2018, 03:48 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby doo View Post
That system looks amazing , love the manifold.
Thanks, the manifold isn't for this though, that's a turbo header for a 4wd 2ltr GTX30 turbo poweres Nova I'm doing for a friend.... it's pretty mad!
Old 15-08-2018, 01:20 AM
Bronze Member

Right, well I'm sure you know what one of these is !?

That is right; it's one of two turbos off my GTR that are seemingly going to waste.... Until now. Well not right now in a few months .... So yeah something I didn't mention is that I will be boosting the little beast once i have accumulated all the bits.... so far after raiding the shed, spares boxes and down the back of the sofa I currently have:

Walbro in tank 255ltr pump
4x400cc Siemens injectors
Sytek FPR
Sytek in line billet filter
Old Impreza front mount (which will get chopped, hacked, shortened and remade)
All the 321 stainless for the header

Which leaves a few bits:
AEM FIC piggy back
Ally pipe work for I/C
38mm external gate
throttle response do-berry that plugs into the drive by wire

The car already has a stage 1 Exedy in it from a few years which covers that base. Leaving mostly just the brakes.... These will be changed to 4 POT Willwood Items before the mythical turbo kit is added to the car. They are pretty cheap and pretty good. As I will have t make brackets for the Willwood calipers to fit I may use MX5 discs as they are 4x100 like the swift and larger diameter. The offset is irrelevant because I'm making new brackets for them as i just said so that shold lead to a fairly cheap brake kit!

Wheels will be getting changed to a set of 17x8 and 17x9 Advan super Racing SA3-R wheels. Mine need a huge refurb and polish so pics of that will follow at some stage!!! I'm thinking 235/40 and 255/40 for the rubber and likely Rainsport 3s.... Just as a refresh here is a pic of the wheel type pulled from the Google place.... When I do mine and make them all shiney new I will colour code the spokes and polish the lips....

Here is a pic of the MonsterSport car which was the only side on picture of a blue swift i could find.... And with the power of a 30 second stint in Photoshop here is what I'm going for on the wheels...

I have bought a couple of other bits.... V-Maxx coilovers; mostly because they are one of the few units that are in the budget I'm allowing that don't drop the car an instant 40mm just from putting the coilovers on with them at their highest ! So these are 25mm-65mm which is a better starting point.... I have also bought a pair of front bumper add ons and a GPR version of the MonsterSport rear spoiler...

the wing

"And now I play the waiting game"....

Last edited by seventune; 15-08-2018 at 01:26 AM.
Old 15-08-2018, 10:55 AM

this is going to be an amazing little pocket rocket

cant wait to see it develop...

Maintained and Modified by Super Jules
&
RM Performance http://www.rmperformance.co.uk
Old 15-08-2018, 11:51 AM
Gold Member

Amazing project, wish I had the skills to do stuff like this.
Old 15-08-2018, 12:09 PM

Such a cool project, oh to have the ability to hack spare parts up and turn them in to useful mods...
Old 16-08-2018, 12:19 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdlangy1 View Post
this is going to be an amazing little pocket rocket

cant wait to see it develop...
I will get the body bits together first off just because that's pretty simple and won't take too much away from the scoob.... as for the bits needed to turbo it I will gather them all and once the scoob is running I shall do the conversion on the swift....

The one thing I will defiantly do next is take care of the throttle response....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
Amazing project, wish I had the skills to do stuff like this.
It's all just time and patience dude.... annoyingly we can all have lots of patience but it tends to be the time doesn't it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NL03Scooby View Post
Such a cool project, oh to have the ability to hack spare parts up and turn them in to useful mods...
If you ever find or think of anything just drop me line dude.... That's what these clubs are all about...
Old 16-08-2018, 08:18 AM
Bronze Member

Amazing

Tein - Enkei - Cosworth - Toyo - H&S - RaceDynamix - Godspeed - Performance Friction - Hel - Pro-sport - OMP - HT Autos
STI 2006 Blobeye
Old 16-08-2018, 09:08 PM
Silver Member

Quality. Not too sure on the wheels tho.....
Old 17-08-2018, 12:17 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfa male View Post
Ye of little faith
Old 17-08-2018, 01:54 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfa male View Post
Yeah, I'm not convinced either: three spokes were a dubious choice, even when they were popular!

This looks like an excellent project though, look forward to seeing it come together!
Old 17-08-2018, 05:23 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Yeah, I'm not convinced either: three spokes were a dubious choice, even when they were popular!

This looks like an excellent project though, look forward to seeing it come together!
We can't all like the same things that would be just plain boring

Split taste on wheels aside yes I'm looking forward to bits and pieces arriving for the wee beast, shall be good fun....

Last edited by seventune; 17-08-2018 at 07:29 PM.
Old 21-08-2018, 05:10 PM
Bronze Member

I had 3 spokes on my r5 gtt, looked good then. I would go for the 3 spokes.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 21-08-2018, 10:20 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerWRX View Post
I had 3 spokes on my r5 gtt, looked good then. I would go for the 3 spokes.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
You know I don't know what it is about them I do just love the dam things

I think there are a couple of wheels that each manufacturer makes over the years that become really iconic. These are defiantly one of the prime candidates for Advan....
Old 13-09-2018, 01:35 AM
Bronze Member

A few quick pics.... so the rear spoiler turned up today. Way faster than I expected it too. Looks great, fits perfectly and super easy to install. Being the attitude version the swift had the little roof spoiler, which for all intents and purposes is a cool little spoiler. Buuuut not quite what o wanted; so here is the new one:

This is whats on the car. Very easy to remove. two 10mm bolts inside and two 10mm bolts on the top. There is also some double sided tape to fight off but a few gentle but firm pulls and it comes right off. After the panel is cleaned and free of dust/muck and grit the new one bolts in using two of the existing holes from underneath. I also used a small amount of tiger seal to aid the hold.

stock:

after:

And one more just because....

Last edited by seventune; 13-09-2018 at 02:14 AM.
Old 13-09-2018, 02:15 AM
Bronze Member

now another thing I bought was some side steps. These are from an MX5 kit i found on ebay. The reason for these is that they will go very well with the front skirt that has annoyingly been held at customs! Length wise these are virtually perfect an will fit up on the plastic under sill on the stock body with just a little modifying. These aren't fitted up yet as rain has stopped play. I also noticed that as some time in the past some idiot has jacked the car up on the actual sill in the middle of the car because he was clearly too lazy to do it properly, which has left a big dent under there. So loosely held up here we go....

you can see I have chopped two small areas out, i will take some better pics....

and offered up, which give the look I'm after though they need a bit of adjustment!

The front skirt I found by chance on Yahoo. I think it might have been off a Civic of some sort. All I know is it looked about right and shouldn't take too much to make it fit up. Will get some pics as soon as it arrives!