South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > Non Scooby / Non Car Related

Non Scooby / Non Car Related Anything Non-Scooby related.

Old 15-04-2013, 11:31 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Default Boston Marathon

What the hell makes people do something like this?

At what point did terrorists think their target should be a load of people raising money for charities?
Old 16-04-2013, 12:04 AM
Silver Member

Makes me sick!! Those who get caught end up in the nick livin a life of luxuary then claim they cant go back due to human rights!! what rights do they have left after somthing like that! should be life for life but be given the hard and nasty way!!!
Old 16-04-2013, 07:20 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonner View Post
Makes me sick!! Those who get caught end up in the nick livin a life of luxuary then claim they cant go back due to human rights!! what rights do they have left after somthing like that! should be life for life but be given the hard and nasty way!!!
To be honest, I don't think US prisons are particularly luxurious. Neither do we know it was a non-US citizen at this stage. Remember Timothy McVeigh?

Truly shocking to see this sort of thing. It just shouldn't happen.
Old 16-04-2013, 07:55 AM
Regular User

Another sad day for the so called human race
Old 16-04-2013, 08:07 AM
Platinum Member

What sickens me is that Boston citizens were looting the marathon finishers jackets that were just past the finish zone whilst others lay injured needing help!
Old 16-04-2013, 08:20 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorscooby View Post
What sickens me is that Boston citizens were looting the marathon finishers jackets that were just past the finish zone whilst others lay injured needing help!
Agreed. That is abhorrent.
Old 16-04-2013, 02:28 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorscooby View Post
Agreed, that's the lowest of the low - I can't understand the mentality of anyone whose first thought is to steal someone's wallet while they're fighting for their life, but I thought the quote going round on Twitter last night was great: "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping."

In any tragedy like this, there are always amazing people helping the injured, offering support and picking up the pieces. There are reports in the media of runners who'd just finished the marathon running past the finish line and straight round to the hospital to give blood, locals offering their spare rooms to people who were stranded, letting people use their phones/wifi to get in touch with their loved-ones when the phone networks were down. You've gotta hope that the good people in the world will always outweigh the bad.
Old 16-04-2013, 06:23 PM
Gold Member

Good people will always outnumber bad,its just that the bad get all the headlines.
Old 16-04-2013, 07:36 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
Good people will always outnumber bad,its just that the bad get all the headlines.