South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 23-05-2011, 09:42 PM
Bronze Member

Default As Mr Phil C said, I can feel it in the air tonight

Just been out to pick my son up from scouts, dib dib dob and all that lol

Thought I'd take the country route instead of the normal straight A281 blast to cranleigh from alfold. Its not a long route its got some lovely corners and straights and a few little bumps along the way etc etc.

Normally I m careful and I plod along but the old scoobie seem to be bitting at the bit to pull ( the damp air must of been pouring in to the vents ), so I let her rip (20.55 at night, road is normally very quiet) and wow did she go, with the far and few between brakes here and there, I never really eased up.

The corners though slightly damp (slighty) felt so grippy with the 4 wheels cutting the corners like I was stuck to curb (well hedge) the long straight with hump came and went so quick I forgot I had been there. Into the S bend and onto the council made rumble strips it felt great.

A couple more straights and a S bend climb and I was coming to the end of my drive, I wish it had not....

As I pulled into the town of Cranleigh and adjusted my pace to normal levels again, I flicked a glance at a pasting window front and saw the red wagon with the goldern wheels gleaming back at me, I knew then and still now..

I m a subaru owner and wow I m proud...

Sad I know but when it goes well and the drive is that good where else would you rather be .... I know where I be.. SCOOOBBIIIEEEE

Ex owner of - (Scoobie Less at present - still looking for one)

Subaru 1998 Classic UK Saloon (250 BHP) AWD Turbo and Subaru 1994 Classic UK Wagon (211 BHP) AWD Turbo

Last edited by centurion73; 23-05-2011 at 10:03 PM.
Old 23-05-2011, 10:00 PM
Platinum Member

Here Here buddy, and well said
Old 23-05-2011, 10:36 PM
Silver Member

As I pulled into the town of Cranleigh and adjusted my pace to normal levels again, I flicked a glance at a pasting window front and saw the red wagon with the goldern wheels gleaming back at me, I knew then and still now..

Did your hair look ok ?
Old 23-05-2011, 10:38 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlife2 View Post

Did your hair look ok ?
Can't tell, its a grade 1 all over hahahaha

Subaru 1998 Classic UK Saloon (250 BHP) AWD Turbo and Subaru 1994 Classic UK Wagon (211 BHP) AWD Turbo
Old 23-05-2011, 10:40 PM
Bronze Member

Funny that, I'm driving down to Cranleigh tomorrow for a job interview! Wonder if ill do the same road at all!
Old 23-05-2011, 10:46 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtiteen View Post
Funny that, I'm driving down to Cranleigh tomorrow for a job interview! Wonder if ill do the same road at all!
Where you going buddy ??? I m Alfold so only 5 mins away, give me a shout

If you want to know the road, its off the A281

Wildwood Lane until the t-junction the turn left onto Knowle Lane and follow all the way into cranleigh. (its about 2 miles maybe more). Looking on google maps does not give it credit

There are better close by as well but thats for another day lol

Old 23-05-2011, 10:55 PM
Bronze Member

Going to Cranleigh school. Unfortunately I'll have to rush back as I'm on boarding duty back here tomorrow night and wednesday night! Will see if I hit that road though, will be dropping down somewhere from junction 9 i think.
Old 23-05-2011, 11:00 PM
Bronze Member

Dorking way (if I m right , maybe not.. i m too tired haha) well if you do you will come down to A281 to Guildford from horsham direction and if that the way you do come, your pass a BP garage then into a S bend (worth a punt at hahah) then into a right hand bend down a slight hill and the turning is on your right on a slight corner..

WILDWOOD LANE, then follow the rest..as above

If you see me about WAVE hahaha, I be in and out of Cranleigh all day as I have a job running on... so popping in and out to keep an eye on it

You cant miss me (bloody RED WAGON hahahahha)

Old 23-05-2011, 11:12 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by centurion73 View Post
Dorking way (if I m right , maybe not.. i m too tired haha) well if you do you will come down to A281 to Guildford from horsham direction and if that the way you do come, your pass a BP garage then into a S bend (worth a punt at hahah) then into a right hand bend down a slight hill and the turning is on your right on a slight corner..

WILDWOOD LANE, then follow the rest..as above

If you see me about WAVE hahaha, I be in and out of Cranleigh all day as I have a job running on... so popping in and out to keep an eye on it

You cant miss me (bloody RED WAGON hahahahha)
I'll be in my black 1 series (ducks for cover!). Will give you a flash if i see you mate!
Old 23-05-2011, 11:14 PM
Bronze Member

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 1 series (posh tart) hahhaha

Ok I have to take out the other halfs Zafira 150 hahah to at least feel part of the gang.. narr.. I stick to scoobie

Good luck with the interview buddy

Old 24-05-2011, 04:51 AM
Platinum Member

You are not far from us mr Centurion sir, might have to swing by some time in our wagon.
Old 24-05-2011, 08:15 AM
Bronze Member

anytime buddy

Old 24-05-2011, 08:54 AM
Platinum Member

That's a great story and glad you felt invigorated enough to write it down!!
Old 24-05-2011, 09:00 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBARMAN View Post
That's a great story and glad you felt invigorated enough to write it down!!
Ok I admit it may come across a bit mmm well you know cheesy but I got back from what was a 10 min drive and I was blown.. everything that was right went right and it really felt great.. real; as one moment..

I was buzzing