South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > Events & Meets > Other Events

Other Events Other Regional Events, National Events, Track Days, Tunnel Runs Etc Etc

Old 14-08-2014, 08:37 PM
Platinum Member

Default Brands Hatch August 14th.

Liz,H and I was at Brands today with MG`s on track, Lotus`s + the odd BMW and GT3 to watch Lizzies brother `Mark` in his 4.6 RV8 .

They had use of the full GP track for 20 minutes every hour with only a couple of red flag stops due to off`s and one poor guy who came off at clearways `ouch`.

I managed to blag a dry morning session which was awesome!

Apologies but only a couple of pictures of the day.

H and Mark waiting to go. H was the extra safety bar in-case it rolled

4.6 V8 fuel injection.

Nice brakes and 888`s

Cooling down.

Passing a X power SV

Rained in the afternoon,Liz faded and fell asleep in the Disco so it was time to go home.

Cheers,
Steve
Old 14-08-2014, 10:10 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Looks like fun. the MG is in very good condition

I bet that 4.6 V8 sounds nice,

that noise would do funny things to Granby

H looks a bit cramped I hope he had his visor down because the windscreen was not doing much, it certainly was a good thing that it did not have a hard top..

Last edited by BIG"E"; 14-08-2014 at 10:14 PM.
Old 14-08-2014, 10:24 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG"E" View Post

that noise would do funny things to Granby
Old 14-08-2014, 10:49 PM
Silver Member

Looks like you had a good day I had a customer turn up to collect his computer in a restored MG ... amazing what you can fit in the boot Even gave me a quick tour of the engine bay....
Old 15-08-2014, 01:06 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytes View Post
Looks like you had a good day I had a customer turn up to collect his computer in a restored MG ... amazing what you can fit in the boot Even gave me a quick tour of the engine bay....
Hi Alan, yes it was a great day,there were some serious Lotus`s out on track too in their own sessions, many race prepared.

The MG fraternity are an enthusiastic owners bunch with some leaning towards their later years in life !

Mark has 2 RV8`s and a 73`V8 (concours condition). He owns and runs `Fisher MG Services` so is able to keep them in top notch. The pictures don`t do his trackcar justice, the attention to detail is very impressive.

Liz owned a MGB GT way back, it even had rear seat belts fitted for the tiddlywinks. One of Marks friends (retired ) currently owns a dark blue RV8 (purchased from Mark) which Liz again reminding him yesterday that he was only looking after it for her