South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > Events & Meets > Other Events

Other Events Other Regional Events, National Events, Track Days, Tunnel Runs Etc Etc

Old 02-11-2015, 09:42 AM
Gold Member

Default Tempest Rally, Aldershot - Saturday 7th November

A rally on the doorstep for a lot of SES members, so I thought I'd chuck a thread up for it!

The Tempest takes places on stages in and around the Aldershot area. A full guide for spectators can be found by click here:

Tempest Rally 2015 - Spectators Guide

Current entry list can be found here:

Tempest Rally 2015 - Entries

Entry looks really good. The 4WD class includes a couple of Impreza WRCars, an R5 Fiesta and several decent Evos as well.

If you are about then I highly recommend it!
Old 02-11-2015, 10:14 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

My weekends are rapidly filling up with non-rallying stuff!

Can't make Tempest, had hoped to make a trip to Wales for a days WRC action (as i mentioned to you before) but that's looking doubtful now too.

Tempest is a good days action though. Expect them to be really strict on spectator safety at Ash this year. Probably better to head to Warren/Pavilion.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:06 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
Can't make Tempest, had hoped to make a trip to Wales for a days WRC action (as i mentioned to you before) but that's looking doubtful now too.
Damn, that's a shame mate, was hoping to catch up with you at Tempest.

I was going to drop you a line about Wales this week. I still really fancy going though, truth be told, I should really be working on the house!

Quote:
Tempest is a good days action though. Expect them to be really strict on spectator safety at Ash this year. Probably better to head to Warren/Pavilion.
Yeah, they are making even louder noises than usual about spectators on Ash. I was going to sign on again as media this year so I could be there legitimately, but I wasn't 100% sure I would be going so I didn't apply.

I should be OK to head down there though. Will just be doing Pavilion and Warren as Rushmoor is a waste of time in my opinion.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Damn, that's a shame mate, was hoping to catch up with you at Tempest.

I was going to drop you a line about Wales this week. I still really fancy going though, truth be told, I should really be working on the house!
Haha, same as me then mate. You bought a renovation project then?

I've not ruled Wales out, guess I should check the latest that tickets can be bought online rather than on the gate. Its too far to go to find the stages are busy and they are ticket-only...
Old 02-11-2015, 11:34 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Haha, same as me then mate. You bought a renovation project then?
I wouldn't go as far as calling it a renovation: but the place has been tenanted for a lot of years and needs a lot of tidying up!

Quote:
I've not ruled Wales out, guess I should check the latest that tickets can be bought online rather than on the gate. Its too far to go to find the stages are busy and they are ticket-only...
Ah, you still might go then? Yeah, as you say, a long way to go to get turned around! I've had a quick look at the RallyGB site and I can't see a latest time for buying tickets online?
Old 02-11-2015, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Ah, you still might go then? Yeah, as you say, a long way to go to get turned around! I've had a quick look at the RallyGB site and I can't see a latest time for buying tickets online?
In previous years tickets have been posted out and they normally stop sending them about a week before the event. However, i think the tickets this year are all emailed and we just print them out and take them along. So hopefully we can purchase right up to the event if a last minute trip happens!
Old 02-11-2015, 11:51 AM
Platinum Member

I'm 50/50 if can make it but looking to
Old 02-11-2015, 12:47 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
In previous years tickets have been posted out and they normally stop sending them about a week before the event. However, i think the tickets this year are all emailed and we just print them out and take them along. So hopefully we can purchase right up to the event if a last minute trip happens!
As much as I miss the days of "proper" tickets for events (rather than crappy print outs!) that is a big plus of doing tickets via E-mail.
Old 04-11-2015, 10:16 AM
Gold Member

Just seen the updated entry list for the Tempest...

https://tempestrally.files.wordpress...ember-2015.pdf

...I see one of the "Impreza WRC's" is now listed as an S12B: interesting to see the caliber of car that is filtering down to the smaller rally events now.