South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Studio > General Pics

General Pics All sorts in here, show us what you've been up to - No adult content.

Old 23-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Platinum Member

Default A few random shots.

Taken these over the last year and would like some feedback what you think, im in no way a professional as you can tell but I like to take pics now and again.

[IMG]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj72/666subaru/Random%20****/IMG_1822.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj72/666subaru/Random%20****/IMG_1824.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj72/666subaru/Random%20****/IMG_1825.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj72/666subaru/Random%20****/IMG_2156.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj72/666subaru/Random%20****/IMG_2338.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj72/666subaru/Random%20****/IMG_2383.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj72/666subaru/Random%20****/IMG_2389.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by 666subaru; 23-03-2011 at 12:14 PM.
Old 23-03-2011, 12:21 PM
SES Mercedes Division

Very good pics. I like the sunset one best, but they are all good
Old 23-03-2011, 12:32 PM
worzel

Nice job Baz. The sunset one is the best for sure.

Looking at the bottom 2 pics, your sensor needs a clean. Lots of dust spots. Either try a blower or get some sensor swabs and cleaning fluid. Check the mirror first though, it may be on there. If it is, you can clean that with either an optical cloth or a clean microfibre.

If you do need to get swabs and fluid, don't scrimp on them. A rough pad will leave you in a bad place. Once cleaned though, periodic cleaning with the blower should do the trick.
Old 23-03-2011, 12:43 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Agreed, sunset one is cool
Old 23-03-2011, 02:10 PM
Platinum Member

looks good mate like the sunset one and the water fountain one too
Old 23-03-2011, 02:39 PM
Platinum Member

Thanks Worzel for the advice buddy, thought there was something amiss, thanks for all the comments people
Old 24-03-2011, 02:21 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by worzel View Post
Nice job Baz. The sunset one is the best for sure.

Looking at the bottom 2 pics, your sensor needs a clean. Lots of dust spots. Either try a blower or get some sensor swabs and cleaning fluid. Check the mirror first though, it may be on there. If it is, you can clean that with either an optical cloth or a clean microfibre.

If you do need to get swabs and fluid, don't scrimp on them. A rough pad will leave you in a bad place. Once cleaned though, periodic cleaning with the blower should do the trick.
I thought it was computer screen

Look if I was to be honest the sky in the top 3 are slightly over-exposed. Mainly because you're shooting a dark [ish] subject against a bright background. Check what metering setting you've been using.

Also, get a polariser. Gives sky and clouds some much wanted depth and detail.

On the other hand I like the sunset one.

All IMHO

Cheers

Roo
Old 24-03-2011, 06:50 AM
Platinum Member

Good pics Baz... Like the sunset one the best
Old 24-03-2011, 07:49 AM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anger View Post
Good pics Baz... Like the sunset one the best
Old 24-03-2011, 08:07 AM
admin

Like 1 & 4
Old 24-03-2011, 08:13 AM
worzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Roo View Post
I thought it was computer screen

Look if I was to be honest the sky in the top 3 are slightly over-exposed. Mainly because you're shooting a dark [ish] subject against a bright background. Check what metering setting you've been using.

Also, get a polariser. Gives sky and clouds some much wanted depth and detail.

On the other hand I like the sunset one.

All IMHO

Cheers

Roo
I agree Roo. Top 3 are over exposed, although the top one is not far off, good composition on it too.

Again I agree about the polariser, it makes a massive difference to depth of tone and colour.

Out of interest Baz, what setting are you using on your camera? Are you still using Auto? If so, I would have a little tinker with aperture priority, dialing in some under / over exposure. I could go through that a bit with you if you like? it's not as scary as you might think.
Old 24-03-2011, 10:55 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by worzel View Post
I agree Roo. Top 3 are over exposed, although the top one is not far off, good composition on it too.

Again I agree about the polariser, it makes a massive difference to depth of tone and colour.

Out of interest Baz, what setting are you using on your camera? Are you still using Auto? If so, I would have a little tinker with aperture priority, dialing in some under / over exposure. I could go through that a bit with you if you like? it's not as scary as you might think.
Thanks guys for all the tips and advice and comments, yes Steve using on auto, not that up to speed with it yet and its all new to me, I usually point and shoot with a little thought, so it would be good to get a lot more clued up on the camera, I have some sort of filter but not sure what, guess it will need a look at to see what exactly it is?

Will have to take you up on your offer when I see you next Steve, many thanks.