South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Showroom > Members Car Profiles (Non-Subaru)

Members Car Profiles (Non-Subaru) Show & Tell Your Pride & Joy (Non-Subaru)

Old 23-03-2010, 05:04 PM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

About 2 weeks or so into ownership and the car is growing on me all the time. I've had to teach myself how to drive a normally aspirated RWD car again, and as a result it just keeps getting better to drive and own all the time. And at last I've found a car that even satisfies my high stadnards with regards to condition. So I'm now doubting my sanity about selling.

Only real gain I can see in selling is to pocket some cash only to put it in the bank and gain sod all interest from it, and go back to a car I can self service and tinker with.

Its on Ebay for £10,995 and starting price of 10K with no reserve, and now thinking I would be gutted if it sold for just 10K. I need to decide before auction end whether to pull it from auction or not as I currently have 20 watchers and climbing and can see a last minute bid coming for 10K.

Aaaarrrrhh - I must like giving myself a headaque or something.
Old 23-03-2010, 05:20 PM
Bronze Member

Don't sell it on a whim mate, its not gonna depreciate over the next couple of weeks!
Old 23-03-2010, 05:39 PM
Silver Member

If you sell it what can you get for the same money that will be half as good?
Old 23-03-2010, 05:47 PM
Crowman

Someone will be getting a very nice M3 mate. Not too bad mileage either. Honestly think you could get more. I have sent you pm
Old 23-03-2010, 08:41 PM
Platinum Member

need a spoof bid for 11k to up the going price?
Old 24-03-2010, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greig View Post
If you sell it what can you get for the same money that will be half as good?
Nothing ! That is the problem and dilema. It could only be a change of direction and a 2 seater like and elise, but sort of been there and done that to a point with the TVR Chimera.
Old 24-03-2010, 02:14 PM
worzel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobEvo5 View Post
Not a fair comparison though really as its had loads of money plowed into it, and has a 2.5 torquey lump and goes like stink!. And you would have to keep the scoob to justify the money spent on it as you will never get back anything like what it owes you . But that said I suspect a hawkeye STI with nothing more than a remap would deliver a nice package, but not kneck breaking quick.

M3's are what they are and should be left alone IMO. A great all round package out of the box, modifiying should be left to JAP cars imho as thats what they are all about.
Rob, you are very right in thinking that. It owes me far too much money to get rid of for sure. Where as it stands, I would still be able to make a bit on the sale of the M3, just because I bought it at the lowest point for car prices about 18 months ago.

I think the M3 could do with a suspension mod and that would be it for me, just because it can be a bit wallowy. Apart from that, I love the way mine drives.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:10 AM

Been away for a couple of weeks suning it in lanzaroti, and had time to reflect and decided the M3 was going to be a keeper. But pick up a PM on Scoobynet the day before I get home from a guy who was originally interested but needed to sell his car first to tell me he has sold his and wants mine.

What to do ....... thought knowing me I will end up selling at some point so might as well see if this guy really wants it. He turns up the morning I return from holiday, deal done and guy was well chuffed with car and rightly so....

So sadly a cracking car, and impossible to replace. But another itch scratched and back to my classic wagon....... for now
Old 10-04-2010, 10:14 AM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobEvo5 View Post
Been away for a couple of weeks suning it in lanzaroti, and had time to reflect and decided the M3 was going to be a keeper. But pick up a PM on Scoobynet the day before I get home from a guy who was originally interested but needed to sell his car first to tell me he has sold his and wants mine.

What to do ....... thought knowing me I will end up selling at some point so might as well see if this guy really wants it. He turns up the morning I return from holiday, deal done and guy was well chuffed with car and rightly so....

So sadly a cracking car, and impossible to replace. But another itch scratched and back to my classic wagon....... for now

Hawkeye + Remap itch now to be scratched