South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Garage > General Mechanics

Old 08-12-2009, 04:09 PM
Bronze Member

Default Strange 'clack' noise, possible mount or worse!

Hi all,

I have noticed a new sound of late. It appears when I remove my foot from the clutch and is a short sharp 'clack' (sorry, best description I could come up with). I'm hoping it is just a mount that needs renewing but could something internally (gearbox) make that sort of sound? It also happens when the car slows due to the gearing doing the braking (if you get me)!

Any advice would be well appreciated as I'm not able to get under the car any time soon.

Thanks for reading

Ok, so it's not an Impreza but I need room for the dog so
Old 08-12-2009, 08:22 PM
MrX???

Could be any number of things, without seeing or hearing it could very well just be a mount.

If you still have the bilsteins, they are notorious on the GTB's for knocking and banging, talk to Stuart could be one of them starting up!

With your wanting a general check up etc etc from your other post, I would say get it looked at sooner than later, if it turns out to be something nasty you may catch it in time.

Good luck with it, hope its nothing drastic.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:06 PM
Bronze Member

Yeah I'm pretty sure the shocks or top mounts are on their way anyhow but this 'sound' seems to be coming from beneath the centre console and appears to happen when the gear engages!

Ok, so it's not an Impreza but I need room for the dog so