South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > News, Info, Rules and introductions > New Members (first thread here please)

New Members (first thread here please) New members introduce yourself to our existing members here.

Old 12-06-2017, 09:48 PM

Default scooby wagon

Hi everyone....im looking for my first scooby. Particularly fond of wagons as need the space to carry a bit of gear. Need bit of info ..what to look for ..reliability ..mild tuning as will be daily driver. Will maybe come along to local meet and see whats what.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:11 PM
Bronze Member

Welcome to SES!

You'll find a huge wealth of information here.

I'd like a wagon, just for the folding rear seats!
Old 12-06-2017, 11:47 PM
Platinum Member

Hello and welcome are you looking for classic or newage uk or jdm import wagon .

1998 UK Turbo , 1998 Terzo , 1997 JDM Type R the money pit , 2004 black WRX STI Type UK , 2004 blue FSTI
Old 13-06-2017, 06:12 AM

Hi and welcome to SES

Maintained and Modified by Super Jules
&
RM Performance http://www.rmperformance.co.uk
Old 13-06-2017, 06:31 AM
Gold Member

Hi and welcome to SES. Lots of passionate wagon owners on here
Old 13-06-2017, 08:04 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Welcome
Old 13-06-2017, 09:20 AM
Silver Member

Hey and welcome to ses
Old 13-06-2017, 11:06 AM

Hello, welcome to SES.
Old 13-06-2017, 11:26 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipper61 View Post
Hi everyone....im looking for my first scooby. Particularly fond of wagons as need the space to carry a bit of gear. Need bit of info ..what to look for ..reliability ..mild tuning as will be daily driver. Will maybe come along to local meet and see whats what.
Welcome! I bought an Impreza wagon as my first Scoob and love it. Mine's a UK blobeye WRX with the Prodrive pack and I've tweaked it a bit since owning it over the last few years, mostly suspension and brake upgrades.

What sort of budget are you working with? And how much gear do you need to carry? Might be better looking at a Legacy or Forester if you need to shift really big stuff, the Impreza wagon isn't that big really. Enough space to cart stuff for a family holiday but not many building supplies!
Old 13-06-2017, 11:57 AM

Looking at blob or bugeye. Only carry a couple of amps and stuff. Family duties are all done. Kids now run their own cars including an st225 and a modded lupo..so this will be mine. Thought of a legacy as twice the room. Always liked a nice lowered impreza wagon though. Problem is everything for sale is over 100,000 miles.
Old 13-06-2017, 12:14 PM
Silver Member

hi and welcome

Go for an Sti over a wrx better spec to start with and tend to hold their money much better.
Old 13-06-2017, 12:19 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil97rs View Post
Go for an Sti over a wrx better spec to start with and tend to hold their money much better.
Newage STI wagons are pretty near impossible to find, and imports only. They'll hold their money well, as you say, but also demand a high price in the first place due to their rarity
Old 13-06-2017, 02:01 PM
Bronze Member

http://torque-gt.co.uk/car/subaru-le...-wr-edition-3/
Old 13-06-2017, 11:18 PM
Silver Member

These are nice though

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...e-2004/7169726
Old 14-06-2017, 07:04 AM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

I've owned both a classic wagon, sf Forester and currently have a gen 4 Legacy as well as my dad having a newer forester XT.
In terms of space the Legacy wins hands down!
Only thing to be aware of is that you can only get turbos as imports and those are mostly autos with the odd 5 speed manual thrown in, there is one 6 speed turbo (facelift gen 4) for sale in the U.K. (And it's one of a handful in the U.K.) that I know of but it's 10k on an 07 plate. For a 6 speed manual you are really only looking at the UK Spec B which is the 3.0 H6 with 245 bhp.
Of all the Subaru I've owned the spec b is the best and most practical daily drive, interior is the best and it does go well when pushed however it's not my old Impreza in terms of outright fun and handling/speed/power!
Old 02-10-2017, 12:41 PM

Right....have finally found a good low mileage wrx wagon..for the right money . Any good advice on what to pay attention to would be appreciated by those that know..��. If not im gonna get a leggy...anything wrong with blitzens as an alternative to a gtb..?
Old 02-10-2017, 01:47 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipper61 View Post
Right....have finally found a good low mileage wrx wagon..for the right money . Any good advice on what to pay attention to would be appreciated by those that know..��. If not im gonna get a leggy...anything wrong with blitzens as an alternative to a gtb..?
Check when the cambelt was last done, and maybe if it's had a replacement clutch. When test driving, try to find some bumps/potholes and listen for clunking sounds, could just be worn suspension bushes but on a high mileage car could also be knackered shocks (it was both on mine!).
Old 02-10-2017, 02:02 PM

Thanks . It a under 90.000 so hopefully all. Is mileage so much of an issue on these..? I see lots for sale with 120000 plus miles on.
Old 03-10-2017, 08:51 PM
Bronze Member

welcome

Tein - Enkei - Cosworth - Toyo - H&S - RaceDynamix - Godspeed - Performance Friction - Hel - Pro-sport - OMP - HT Autos
STI 2006 Blobeye
Old 04-10-2017, 07:19 AM
Regular User

You can find some nice low mileage examples here:
http://www.goodmayesmotors.co.uk/use...u/model/legacy