South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Garage > Engine Management

Engine Management For all your mapping,diagnostics and electronics

Old 08-06-2016, 10:14 PM
Regular User

Default new link g4 + a less expensive rival to syvecs?

just as it says ,ive seen the posts on other forums dating back a bit but could this be the one ?
Old 09-06-2016, 10:37 AM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

It's not that much cheaper as far as I can see - but it is well featured, a lot will depend on which mappers support it - I know the Subaru community is very much in the Syvecs camp with the main mappers supporting the ECU and having lots of experience. Not sure from reading the specs how it deals with Knock correction or how well it will integrate into non-standard setups e.g loom changed to run AVCS on non AVCS cars (I use the original tumbler wiring to run the AVCS on my WRX). The work arounds/wiring ideas which are well supported and understood for Syvecs may not be as easy certainly in the first instance.

Add ons such as the Bluetooth Module and App alongside the Toucan and sensor packs as well - these will take a while to develop to the same level as Syvecs.

I do understand that a good mapper should be able to map using any ECU or software (cost and licensing withstanding) as a MAP is a MAP regardless of car/ECU. This may be a very positive thing as it may open up Subaru tuning to a wider range of mappers and force some better competition and even lower prices.
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter