South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 15-10-2018, 05:25 PM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

Default So much want!

https://www.torque-gt.co.uk/blog/pos...s-legacy-s402/
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 15-10-2018, 07:13 PM
Platinum Member

Very nice indeed
Old 15-10-2018, 10:22 PM
Gold Member

Agreed.
Old 16-10-2018, 09:31 AM
Platinum Member

Saw this recently on one of their pop ups and did think of you Nick. They seem to get some really nice cars on their website.
Old 16-10-2018, 01:56 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Gorgeous.

But unfortunately not for sale... I wonder what the asking price of a mint S402 would be now?
Old 16-10-2018, 02:03 PM

That one has just been imported to the UK the owner took possession a week or so ago if I’m correct it was around £20k
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 16-10-2018, 02:50 PM

Very tasty car and always been a big fan of those BBS alloys.
Old 16-10-2018, 09:06 PM
Platinum Member

It seems all the S series cars are now a min of 15k.
Really gutted I didn't pick up s s202 when they where sub 10k.
Old 16-10-2018, 11:27 PM
Bronze Member

Thats ultra nice
Old 18-10-2018, 02:35 PM
Regular User

Just curious what is the difference between S402 and Legacy tuned by STI? I saw s402 has 2.5 engine vs 2.0 tuned by STI, the output looks the same 280 BHP plus never saw Legacy tuned by STI in sedan shape. any other differences? oh and surely the price on s402 is ridiculous.
Old 18-10-2018, 03:40 PM
Authorised Trader

the special edition "S" and "R" cars are custom built for want of a better description rather than having some bolt on extras as in the "tuned by" style..........

very limited quantity and exclusive and likely to hold their money long term if not inflate........

ASPerformance 0191-4103770
PELTOR, PFC BRAKES, PAGID MOTUL, FERODO, SPEEDLINE, TRS, MINTEX, PIAA, HELLA, TEIN, WHITELINE, SUPER-PRO, MILLERS OILS
online shop!!
Old 18-10-2018, 05:05 PM

The full spec of the S402 is in the link - as Alyn says the TBSTI is simply a GT spec B with a few extra bolt ons including brembos (4 and 2 pots) along with upgraded rear arms and different wheels.
The S402 has different front wings, 6 pots, blueprinted 2.5 engine, different exhaust, upgraded interior, custom Bilstein shocks (different from the std billies) braces etc.

I’d say it will hold or increase in value!
Old 18-10-2018, 07:41 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
Gorgeous.

But unfortunately not for sale... I wonder what the asking price of a mint S402 would be now?
I was told to budget £22-24k for an estate recently.

Having systematically failed to replace the FSTi I was looking into one as my next car.
Old 18-10-2018, 09:00 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banstead Stig View Post
I was told to budget £22-24k for an estate recently.

Having systematically failed to replace the FSTi I was looking into one as my next car.
This is the problem really. Its so much cash for a car that is over ten years old.... but to keep it worth its premium, it needs to be kept garaged and used sparingly as a weekend car. Yet who wants an estate as a weekend car - hence they get used daily. Dilemma...

Be better off just buying something German at that kind of money.
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...01809060240829

335d with X-Drive will just as fast as the S402 (or faster), cheaper to run/tax/insure and only 1 year old with 15k miles. But just lacks that fizz and specialness of the Subaru.
Old 18-10-2018, 09:40 PM
Formerly STIWR1

Quote:
335d with X-Drive will just as fast as the S402 (or faster), cheaper to run/tax/insure and only 1 year old with 15k miles. But just lacks that fizz and specialness of the Subaru.
Friend brought one of these sub 20k with same miles on a 15 plate - PCP deals push the prices down based on the total PCP cost which is probably below the natural deprecation. Good value.
Old 18-10-2018, 10:15 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
This is the problem really. Its so much cash for a car that is over ten years old.... but to keep it worth its premium, it needs to be kept garaged and used sparingly as a weekend car. Yet who wants an estate as a weekend car - hence they get used daily. Dilemma...

Be better off just buying something German at that kind of money.
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...01809060240829

That's exactly it. I need to use it!

I've considered one of those BMWs, but it's diesel and like you say, it'll be bland by comparison.

The V60 Polestar is the closest I've come to finding a FSTi replacement, but they're another that comes with a touch of a premium... I'm really torn.
Old 18-10-2018, 10:59 PM

The twinscrolls are coming down a bit now even the WR limiteds.
Old 19-10-2018, 05:38 PM
Bronze Member

B7 Audi S4's are quite cheap and you get a nice n/a v8 with 8250rpm rev limit