South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 10-03-2011, 02:05 AM
Silver Member

Default Need help which exhaust to buy.....

Dont know which one to get Prodrive or Genome Sti back box, thoughts and opinions please..
Old 10-03-2011, 08:14 AM
worzel

Tyler, it depends on what you want from it really?

Loud? Quiet? Power?
Old 10-03-2011, 08:18 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Genome ones are pretty rare, although Saj seems to get them in every now and then. Very expensive compared to a prodrive box, although much better too. Generally the Genomes fetch about £300!

I really like their sound, but couldn't justify the price over other boxes. All depends on how much spare cash you have really!
Old 10-03-2011, 08:19 AM
worzel

I know Saj has got a Genome in at the moment too.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:41 AM
Silver Member

I dont really want loudness as i have just taken my loud box off, i want a meadium sounding pipe for performance but still to hear a nice roar when you put your foot down... Is there a difference in power wise for either of them... ?
Old 10-03-2011, 10:57 AM
worzel

Back box power gains are really minimal. 1-2bhp if you are lucky. Although "apparently" the Vortex Afterburner can give you up to 3bhp?

I like the sound of the Pro-drive box personally, but have not heard the Genome, so can't really comment.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:03 AM
Silver Member

Thats fine all i want to make sure is they dont restrict too much power... That is my thoughts too i have herd prodrive ones but not the genome, but i dont want the car to be 2 loud though as i will have a full decat and the back box of the genome is a lot smaller so i am guessing will be louder...
Old 10-03-2011, 11:17 AM
admin

Old 10-03-2011, 12:03 PM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

The prodrive is a very,very quiet exhaust and only a little louder than standard. Big departure from what you have and you might find it too quiet. I like them, but then I like nice an stealthy.

Also the prodrive is fairly restrictive at higher power levels. I had one on my saloon running 320bhp for a while, and you could really feel the retriction. I now have either a 4" or 3" Magnex (sorry not had chance to swap them about yet) which is free flowing with a little rumble but not OTT.

The best box of them all IMO is what Scott had which is the TSL Group 'N' with 3" tail. slightly quieter than the Magnex with a higher note.