South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Garage > Wheels,Tyres & Brakes

Old 02-10-2012, 11:29 PM
Regular User

Default Brakes...

After my recent track day I realised how rubbish my brakes are so my question is if I change the hoses for braided ones and put some 5.1 fluid in is there a specific order in which I will need to bleed the brakes I.e fronts first or vice versa?!

Any tips will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Old 03-10-2012, 12:15 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pricey View Post
After my recent track day I realised how rubbish my brakes are so my question is if I change the hoses for braided ones and put some 5.1 fluid in is there a specific order in which I will need to bleed the brakes I.e fronts first or vice versa?!

Any tips will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

thats a start......what car and brakes at the moment?
Old 03-10-2012, 01:48 AM
Regular User

Bugeye wrx standard 4pot fronts and 2 pot rears I'm unsure of the disc and pad makes s they were new on the car when i bought it?!
Old 03-10-2012, 06:42 AM
Platinum Member

Bleed rear near side, rear off side , front near side and finally off side front .
Old 03-10-2012, 08:25 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Are you planning on doing more track days?

Standard discs/pads on the bugeye wrx really don't cut the mustard unfortunately. I tried several types of pads on godspeed discs and could never get it work well enough for more than a handful of laps, always ended up melting the pads due to heat build-up.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:03 AM
Authorised Trader

Pagid rs15 or PFC 07............

ASPerformance 0191-4103770
PELTOR, PFC BRAKES, PAGID MOTUL, FERODO, SPEEDLINE, TRS, MINTEX, PIAA, HELLA, TEIN, WHITELINE, SUPER-PRO, MILLERS OILS
online shop!!
Old 03-10-2012, 01:35 PM
Regular User

Thanks CJ

Steve I was p,anning on doing some more track days in the future. So would you suggest getting different brakes altogether?!
Old 03-10-2012, 02:40 PM

Completely up to you. All i can say is that i spent money trying to get my 4 pots to work well on track, and wished i'd just stumped up for a proper brake kit in the first place.

Ended up with a 356mm 8pot ksport kit, the difference is massive.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Regular User

Ok so going from what you said I will be better off gettin some bigger and better brakes. I had a quick look online, found some 6pot D2 for £900 how much did you pay for yours if you don't mind me asking

Thanks
Old 03-10-2012, 08:14 PM
Authorised Trader

can sort most options from pads to disc and brake kits.................

we have recently started supplying Ksport also (same basic kits as D2) so can help out on pricing usually........

ASPerformance 0191-4103770
PELTOR, PFC BRAKES, PAGID MOTUL, FERODO, SPEEDLINE, TRS, MINTEX, PIAA, HELLA, TEIN, WHITELINE, SUPER-PRO, MILLERS OILS
online shop!!
Old 03-10-2012, 08:30 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by asperformance View Post
can sort most options from pads to disc and brake kits.................

we have recently started supplying Ksport also (same basic kits as D2) so can help out on pricing usually........
Thank you I'll be in touch shortly then!
Old 03-10-2012, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Ok so going from what you said I will be better off gettin some bigger and better brakes. I had a quick look online, found some 6pot D2 for £900 how much did you pay for yours if you don't mind me asking

Thanks
I paid £899 for the 356mm kit, including bluestuff NDX pads, but that was in a scoobynet group buy last year. I know the prices went up about £100 per kit at the start of 2012.

Also, whilst ksport the calipers/discs are good, their pads are well known to be rubbish - so some retailers swap them out for something better.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:57 PM
Regular User

Thanks for the advice mate ill have to start saving for some then try and find the best price for a set with decent pads etc!
Old 04-10-2012, 06:52 AM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Quote:
Thanks for the advice mate ill have to start saving for some then try and find the best price for a set with decent pads etc!
You wont do wrong by contacting Alyn at AS Performance.

Good prices and excellent service.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:28 PM
Regular User

Ok will contact AS performance! Just another quick question are the brembo brakes a worthy upgrade or would I be better going for d2/ksports?!

Thank you
Old 06-10-2012, 12:29 AM

Depends on the price/condition of the 2nd hand brembos you find tbh. If you buy a set and they happen to be a bit old, need a refurb and come with old discs/pads, its surely a false economy by the time you've sorted them out. Even once sorted, they're not as good as the bigger ksport kits imo.

You say you've got a bugeye wrx, is it still on the standard alloys? If so, neither brembos or ksports will fit (unless anyone knows otherwise on the 330mm ksports?).
Old 06-10-2012, 07:44 AM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

For std alloys on a WRX you can fit 330mm APs
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 07-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
Depends on the price/condition of the 2nd hand brembos you find tbh. If you buy a set and they happen to be a bit old, need a refurb and come with old discs/pads, its surely a false economy by the time you've sorted them out. Even once sorted, they're not as good as the bigger ksport kits imo.

You say you've got a bugeye wrx, is it still on the standard alloys? If so, neither brembos or ksports will fit (unless anyone knows otherwise on the 330mm ksports?).
Ok thanks I have got a wrx yes and it's on standard wheels so guess ksports are out of the question without changing the wheels at the same time?! Will have a look around see what I can find. Maybe look into the ap's as bluebugeye suggested?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBugEye View Post
For std alloys on a WRX you can fit 330mm APs
Thanks for the info mate were/are the good brakes how did u fond them on track, that's assuming you went on track with them?!

Thanks