South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > Sponsors and Associates > Recommended services

Recommended services For all of your Scooby based needs, please refer to the directory. Please contact a "mod" to introduce a company that has served you well.

Old 21-10-2008, 12:13 PM
worzel

Default Polar Performance

If you have used Polar Performance, please feel free to add your comments in this thread.

For more information, please see http://www.polarperformance.co.uk
Old 21-10-2008, 06:51 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: Polar Performance

Had mine mapped with Scott a number of times now...excellent service and prices....very highly recommended
Old 21-10-2008, 08:33 PM
Nige

Yes very pleased. What a helpfull guy. Im greedy so now want more power
Old 24-11-2008, 05:40 PM
worzel

Feedback lifted off of a thread on Scoobynet

Have had one fitted to my motor for around a year.. No problems at all. Fitted one to my mates wagon on friday and he has just been in the office giving it the big thumbs up.

I wouldn't have recommended it to him if I didn't think it was a good product. Bang for buck its gotto be one of the best options.

Yes I had one for about a year, no probs and Scott was very helpful via PM on here re questions about it, etc. So excellent tech support.

Although I agree getting a fully mappable ECU mapped bespoke to any given engine is obviously the best route... The PP chip - from a safety point of view, if nothing else - has GOT to be better than the Subaru's OEM map, as the OEM map is mapped to run on the Jap's higher RON. With the PP though, its mapped for UK-available 97 RON (Esso Supreme), so has got to be safer for the engine than the JDM map!

As a bonus the chip still allows the IAM feature to work anyway, so the ECU still has the capability to retard ign./lower boost should it need to.

Had one on my 93 wrx, It took the boost from 0.8 to 1.1 and made a huge difference in overall performance

Recommend one to anyone

As above i had one of his from about 7 years ago when he was first starting off , car has been great , no probs takes car to about 285 bhp.

Mark

you will not go wrong with a scott t chip 100% provided its the right chip for the car

cheers fellas only one negative out of all posts i will pass the message on to him i know uk prodrive cars ran a similar chip on early cars as a customer of mine had it done to his when he ordered his 96 car and i have serviced that car since 99 and his is still fine and never had the engine apart and its done 86k now

also another here running the polar performance chip very happy with it, scott t knows his stuff wouldnt use any other generic map like seen on ebay

I'm running one, had it in about a year now with zero problems. Go get one

b13bat is Working Way Too Hard )

nothing wrong with the hardware as said its an esl baord, however generic maps are a big no no with scoobs.

none of the major tuners will use generic maps on scoobs (other than the standard one or prodrive) and that says it all.

I'm running a ESL version of the chip, for the money they're great, boost is 1.1 bar.

polar performance I believe are associated with the ESL chips, think it is a guy called scott t on here (definately scott) a good worthwhile mod

im looking at these too, heard good things as a 1st power up-grade

polar performace chip

has any one used or have an opinion on a polar performance chip fitted to a classic wrx, sti etc my mate has just got a 94 wrx for not a lot of money and saw the web site for them claiming ok to run uk fuel more boost and fuel to match anyone help i told him to have an esl remap like me but funds are low at this point in time