South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > News, Info, Rules and introductions > News and Announcements

News and Announcements Includes Forum Rules.

Old 07-08-2012, 10:18 PM
Nige

Default Face twitter

I know I'm old & out of touch. As this forum is quiet at the moment I've been told lots of members are on facebook. As we seem to be in a bit of trouble right now it might be a good idea to post here. This will help bring back the interest & general banter the forum has lost. Just my opinion guy's.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:21 PM
Platinum Member

Ffs I came of FB to read this.... Back I go
Old 07-08-2012, 10:46 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige View Post
I know I'm old & out of touch. As this forum is quiet at the moment I've been told lots of members are on facebook. As we seem to be in a bit of trouble right now it might be a good idea to post here. This will help bring back the interest & general banter the forum has lost. Just my opinion guy's.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:04 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anger View Post
Ffs I came of FB to read this.... Back I go
i dont have a fakebook account
Old 07-08-2012, 11:18 PM
Gold Member

Im allways here, even if im in deepest Surrey Now.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:06 AM
Platinum Member

Think I'm going to drop out from Ses FB page, fire up the laptop like the good old days and spend some more time in here!
Old 08-08-2012, 09:09 AM
Gold Member

Nige ur find quite a few members have face book because its the 20th Century,its so easy to put a pic up an see whats going on with people, because its an app on my phone I get notifications telling me when somthink happens, Banter on facebook, car stuff on the fourm, I'd rather come on here an read 2 interesting threads, rather than a page full of crap, I don't know what's going on with the fourm, but what I do know it people take this fourm lark far to seriously. I couldn't think of anythink worse than coming on here an reading Facebook type threads!
Old 08-08-2012, 11:10 AM
Silver Member

Ha! I din't even know there was an SES Facebook page!

Don't have an account on there, mainly because of work but also because I don't want to be contacted by loads of D@@@heads from yesteryear.... If I liked you I would of stayed friends with you the day after we left school!!

Quick search on google will show Faceboob or whatever it is has had a massive impact on loads of forums...... people find it easier to press 'I like' than log into an account and actually type something.... it's like having 2000 free minutes a month on your phone contract and then spend your whole life texting everyone... whats the point?

Facebook is used by people from all walks of life, apparantly lots of people joined a week ago last year...... something about free phones if you can cover your face and smash a window??

Forums are for specific interests, facebook I thought was just a way of staying in contact with people but over the years has developed into something quite different!

FACT FOR THE DAY: there's a forum in Japan called '2channel' which has over 2 million thread posts a day! not too shabby for a forum!

Long live www.southeastscoobies.co.uk !!!
Old 08-08-2012, 11:50 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-jaffacake-tone View Post
Nige ur find quite a few members have face book because its the 20th Century,its so easy to put a pic up an see whats going on with people, because its an app on my phone I get notifications telling me when somthink happens, Banter on facebook, car stuff on the fourm, I'd rather come on here an read 2 interesting threads, rather than a page full of crap, I don't know what's going on with the fourm, but what I do know it people take this fourm lark far to seriously. I couldn't think of anythink worse than coming on here an reading Facebook type threads!
oh balls, theres no "like" button on here for me to click
Old 08-08-2012, 12:23 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomma View Post
Facebook is used by people from all walks of life, apparantly lots of people joined a week ago last year...... something about free phones if you can cover your face and smash a window??

Thanks, that brightened up my mood
Old 08-08-2012, 12:42 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
its the 20th Century
Errr...
Old 08-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Platinum Member

I deleted the SES FB page 2 weeks ago
Old 08-08-2012, 04:24 PM
Silver Member

im a member on the facebook page but dont use it anymore, this forum is much better in my opinion.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:26 PM
Platinum Member

I dont do FB for many reasons.

A forum such as this is a lot more direct to the point of what we all love.

Subaru's (and in some cases Evo's

For everything else in life there a things called emails and phones.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:37 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullfudge View Post
A forum such as this is a lot more direct to the point of what we all love.

Subaru's (and in some cases Evo's

For everything else in life there a things called emails and phones.
Hit the nail on the head there I think!
Old 08-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Crowman

Quote:
Perfectly said Tone

FB is a chat room for banter and quick reference stuff.

I will admit that the FB group has had some posts that are more suited to this forum and I am working to direct these threads over hear where all SES members can beniefit, not just those with a FB account.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:01 PM
Crowman

One more thing I want to say on the FB subject.
Guys remember it's your choice who you accept as a friend and also if you set your privacy to friends and family only , you will only ever have contact with your friends and family.

Sorry but people who say things like " who wants to hear about what someone had for breakfast" are the ones who have 100"s of friends who they have never met and have there privacy set to allow friends of friends access. It's your own bloody fault !!!

I personally love to see pictures and posts of my nieces children, my nieces, my close friends and there family , it's a lovely way in this modern era to keep in touch and up to date.

So all you moaners about FB , do these two things
1. Delete all your so called friends unless you do actually know them
2. Set your privacy to just friends and family

Problem solved

Now please shut up