South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Garage > General Mechanics

Old 22-09-2011, 05:47 PM
Bronze Member

Default litterally could cry :(

well my car is just a piece of s*it, spent thousands on it now, new engine, new exhaust, all new gaskets, all the labour, then last night i found that the battery had failed, nothing major i thought, brought a brand new battery this morning.

Fitted the battery, started the car up and it fired a load of oil over my mates civic , and then continued to fire a mist of oil till i turned the car off, rang my mechanic who said to remove the intercooler , took that off and its full of oil so the turbo has gone

dont know what to do now, gotta sell my motorbike to pay for the rest of the repair then im gonna have to sell the car because even when it is fully repaired i will no longer trust it and will never want to put my foot down incase it explodes again.

so yer, thoroughly pi**ed off now!
Old 22-09-2011, 06:38 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

sounds like a bit of a mare!

its a wrx right? if so, the td04s are out there to be had for well under a hundred quid if its still on standard turbo.

i'd get it looked at though, if you've had all that work recently done then it might be a follow on issue...... what went wrong with the last engine? did you replace the turbo as well or is that the same one?
Old 22-09-2011, 06:44 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
sounds like a bit of a mare!

its a wrx right? if so, the td04s are out there to be had for well under a hundred quid if its still on standard turbo.

i'd get it looked at though, if you've had all that work recently done then it might be a follow on issue...... what went wrong with the last engine? did you replace the turbo as well or is that the same one?

Yer it's a wrx with a standard td04 on it, the last engine bent a conrod and shredded a cylinder so I had it all re-bored and then fitted with forged internals ! And yes it's the original turbo but I had it assessed before I atached it to the new engine , they said it was ok, but clearly not :/
Old 22-09-2011, 07:34 PM
Regular User

Sounds like my luck, after a quick re-map, it then cost me £9000.00 ,had it resprayed a month ago, only had it back for 2 days kids playing outside hit it with what looks like a bike handle. What a sh*t
Old 22-09-2011, 07:38 PM
Silver Member

Sorry to hear that speedfreak
Old 22-09-2011, 07:42 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njz9046 View Post
Yer it's a wrx with a standard td04 on it, the last engine bent a conrod and shredded a cylinder so I had it all re-bored and then fitted with forged internals ! And yes it's the original turbo but I had it assessed before I atached it to the new engine , they said it was ok, but clearly not :/
Bad times... stick with it thou, whos your mechanic mate?
Old 22-09-2011, 08:11 PM
Bronze Member

it is gutting i no but tdo4s do give up. i went threw 2 on my last classic an you can pick them up for £50 upwards on ebay. the main thing is that your engine is fine.i wouldnt sell the car just because the turbo sh#t itself. look at it on the bright side.time for an upgrade after all the td04 is a baby after all an only good for 280bhp max if your fully de-cated

if it was me i would stick with it mate.
it will be worth it when it gets mapped an you see the figures.
Old 22-09-2011, 08:24 PM
Silver Member

Im sure i have one of these turbos in the gurage mate, il have a look and let you know
Old 22-09-2011, 11:24 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by munk View Post
Bad times... stick with it thou, whos your mechanic mate?
Yer just one thing after another ! Guy in eastbourne , works for a big company and they let him use the ramps and equipment on weekends.
Old 22-09-2011, 11:26 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy B View Post
Im sure i have one of these turbos in the gurage mate, il have a look and let you know
Thankyou mate, any help is greatly appreciated at the mo!!
Old 22-09-2011, 11:27 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak View Post
Sounds like my luck, after a quick re-map, it then cost me £9000.00 ,had it resprayed a month ago, only had it back for 2 days kids playing outside hit it with what looks like a bike handle. What a sh*t
I sound like an a**hole for saying it but..... Thank god it's not just me! Lol
Old 23-09-2011, 09:16 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njz9046 View Post
Thankyou mate, any help is greatly appreciated at the mo!!
I didn't get the chance to check last night but I'l have a look when I get home. If its there (99% sure it is) it's yours
Old 23-09-2011, 03:39 PM
Bronze Member

I've seriously had enough of mine now so I'm breaking it I hope you have a lot more luck then I did mate