South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 16-03-2015, 07:47 PM

Default Getting in the 'spring' of things...

After taking delivery of some nice boxes which contained nice parts, I spent Sunday getting to grips with a challenge I had never tried before.

I was really happy with how things went and presume, based on the fact everything still works, I did everything right.

Front camber bolts were lined up in exactly the same position as they were before removal and I have purchased a set for the rear, a geo set up is next on the 'to-do' list.

Haven't really tested the set up yet as I wanted to give everything a chance to settle down. Car certainly looks and feels better for it so far. I expected the old original shocks I took off to feel well past it after 83,000 miles but was surprised at their still decent feel, certainly no one tougher to force down then the other.

Anyhow, its good to know I know have some fresh parts and a decent set of springs too, what next I wonder...?
Old 16-03-2015, 08:11 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Very nice Rob...

Have you up graded the rear ARB at all ?
Old 16-03-2015, 09:01 PM

Good job fella - smart

Maintained and Modified by Super Jules
&
RM Performance http://www.rmperformance.co.uk
Old 16-03-2015, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG"E" View Post
Very nice Rob...

Have you up graded the rear ARB at all ?
The next thing on the list, ironically it was going to be one of the first changes I was going to make as many suggest doing it. Going to get the drop links first then source the ARB.
Old 16-03-2015, 09:16 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

If your rear shocks were OK and not knocking or randomly dropping when pulling up to a junction/lights (as if someone just sat on the bootlid) etc... then I know someone that may be interested in them
Old 16-03-2015, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
If your rear shocks were OK and not knocking or randomly dropping when pulling up to a junction/lights (as if someone just sat on the bootlid) etc... then I know someone that may be interested in them
I certainly never felt as if they were ever dropping when slowing down. I can't say the back end ever knocked a great deal either. As I said they have done 83K and not worth a great deal due to that fact. If you or someone you know is interested you are more then welcome to inspect them and see if they are any good to you.