South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 14-12-2012, 06:52 PM
Platinum Member

Default RIP impreza

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/defa...?storyId=26839

So so sad
Old 14-12-2012, 06:56 PM
Gold Member

Time to buy a few more then. Might get myself a working Classic, and not just a shell.
Old 14-12-2012, 07:37 PM
Gold Member

But Japan are still making them.....Right??
Old 14-12-2012, 07:47 PM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

Its a shame. Guess that's what the big announcement was with the dealers last week. Still, it ain't gonna stop me buying one.
Old 14-12-2012, 08:03 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Its a shame. Guess that's what the big announcement was with the dealers last week. Still, it ain't gonna stop me buying one.
good on you steve.....you know where i am to assist in viewings
Old 14-12-2012, 08:49 PM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hongkongfooi View Post
good on you steve.....you know where i am to assist in viewings
Absolutely, new year we need to go hunting!!
Old 14-12-2012, 09:25 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

It is a real shame but i can understand their decision. There aren't enough new fans buying Subaru's because of the heavy taxing, low mpg etc. It just doesn't stack up when compared to the fast diesels either.

I assume production will still continue as they sell a lot in the US and Australia, so the die-hard fans will have to resort to importing JDM models i guess.
Old 14-12-2012, 11:17 PM
Nige

Once they turned ugly & put ****e pistons in em that was a big nail in Subaru's coffin. Why didnt they employ a decent designer? If they had produced that BRZ with a 300bhp engine things might of worked out. Subaru let the U.K. Down they have a fantastic fan base here. Shame on them.
Old 15-12-2012, 08:17 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige View Post
Once they turned ugly & put ****e pistons in em that was a big nail in Subaru's coffin. Why didnt they employ a decent designer? If they had produced that BRZ with a 300bhp engine things might of worked out. Subaru let the U.K. Down they have a fantastic fan base here. Shame on them.
They went ugly a long time ago... the bug is no looker, but they survived that era!

The BRZ's problem isn't power if you ask me (I have driven one too, so am informed to an extent in saying that), it is supply issues. It is far easier to get the Toyota, they're marketing it, so people are buying it. Subaru aren't competing.

Never say never. If enough people ask for the Imprezas, they will make it here!

Last edited by Banstead Stig; 15-12-2012 at 08:20 AM.
Old 15-12-2012, 10:06 AM
Gold Member

Think the demise of Rallying has also played a significant part sadly. I wouldn't have any qualms at all about buying from Japan. Although I think with the price of oil ever rising, taxes and god knows what else they want to hit motorists with, these cars will no longer continue to be an option for many more in the not too distant future.
Old 15-12-2012, 10:13 AM
Gold Member

this is a shame...hopefully start to see an increase in the value all round again.
Old 15-12-2012, 10:30 AM
Nige

Your right the bug was ugly but reliable. They got better with the blob & the best looking has to be the Hawk. Good value bhp for your hard earned £. Subaru then made the hatch ugly & unreliable not a good combination for there hard core Subaru fans. Good value Bhp for your £ NOT . So what happened As a Subaru enthusiast the Brz is a big let down. I've driven it & thought what a waste of a good looking car & better than the looks is its chassis IT HANDLES
It needs power! Nobody buys a Scoob to be overtaken by a Mini or a Fiat 500. The guy who gave it that sort of handling must have pulled his hair out in frustration after he drove it. The hours he must have put into this car looking at the pictures as he trys to make it handle all the power Subaru must be giving it looking the way it dose. . This again is just my opinion 200bhp with that body weight is ridiculous. Subaru should of hit the market running with a competitive 300bhp turbo charged car. One step up on the Toyota version.
This isn't 4x4 or a pick up so the farmers are not interested. It's not a performance car so people like me are not interested eighther. As said just my opinion as a Scoob owner & enthusiast for 20years.
Old 15-12-2012, 11:02 AM
Authorised Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banstead Stig View Post

Never say never. If enough people ask for the Imprezas, they will make it here!
The problem is when Subaru dropped the WRX hatch for the UK the forums went mad, and Subaru caved in and released the WRX in the UK (was supposed to be STI supply only)

Unfortunately nobody who moaned about it being pulled in the first place wanted to buy the thing.... and it flopped.

No suprise really that they have pulled out, especially when sales are so high in Japan and America
Old 15-12-2012, 01:55 PM
Rest in peace Jodie.

It's damn stupid you couldn'd buy the Sedan STi from Subaru UK in WR Blue
Old 16-12-2012, 06:57 PM
Platinum Member

BRZ/GT86 Top Gear car of the year, and Clarkson's personal choice. See the latest issue out now. I think, IIRC, 9 out of 12 of the cars off the Subaru production line go to Toyota, as part of the "arrangement". Roll on the supercharged version!

Old 16-12-2012, 07:12 PM
Bronze Member

OMG!!!!!
Looks like we are going to have to keep our pride and joy's going forever..... no more looking to upgrade to a newer one.... although the classic is by far the Prettyest ;0)
Impreza all the way..... lets hope ADL keep supplying parts x
Old 16-12-2012, 07:54 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBARMAN View Post
BRZ/GT86 Top Gear car of the year, and Clarkson's personal choice. See the latest issue out now. I think, IIRC, 9 out of 12 of the cars off the Subaru production line go to Toyota, as part of the "arrangement". Roll on the supercharged version!

Roll on the supercharged version

Litchfield testing at the mo 280bhp and taking pre-orders now