South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 06-06-2009, 07:35 PM
Gold Member

Default A bit more power

I've a 2002 WRX with PPP and Typhoon intake.I'd like a few more horses so I guess,having spoken to Scott,a larger turbo,bigger injectors and a remap.Not sure which turbo I have now.Advice please,thanks
Old 06-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Nige

Default Re: A bit more power

TD05 18g from A Forrest or Scooby clinic. A cheeper way is the Vf35 from an Sti + the Sti's Pink injectors. An even better way would be to buy my black Prodrive STI. Then you benifit from better brakes, suspention,wheels ,engine, interior,diff's, turbo, intercooler, Performance. All for £7k bloody BARGIN & you wont get a bit more power Frenchie you will get alot more power. Adjustable from 320bhp up to 360ish
Old 06-06-2009, 07:54 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

If you drop in a set of STi pink injectors from a newage STi and go for something like a VF35 (STi Turbo) or TD05-16g Front entry then your desired 300BHP will be achievable with ease. You should see between 300-330BHP
If you then go for a bigger intercooler then a TD05-18G or 20g will see you running 350+.

The WRX should have a high flow fuel pump fitted to be on the safe side.

But going on what you said this morning wanting just 300BHP then a 2nd hand VF35, High flow fuel pump and a fuel pressure regulator should see you there.

As we found out this morning you will have to either go to an ecutek dealer or source an un-locked ECU from http://www.gradea-subaru.co.uk/ due to you rather unusual 2001/2002 PPP not having the usual GEMS board inside, but has been reflashed, presumably with an ECUTEK Lock-down.

This is what your ECU should of looked like, and as per others I have seen in the past :
http://www.arcanumdesign.free-online.co.uk/PPP2.html

The other option would be to get a TD04 Hybrid from andy forest and this should see 290-300BHP

You current turbo is a TD04 so could be used as an exchange unit with andy forest
http://www.andyforrestperformance.co.uk/index2.html

He may also be able to remove the ECUTEK lock on your ECU if you as him nicely
Old 06-06-2009, 09:05 PM
Gold Member

Thanks Nige,but one Subaru is enough,plus your steering wheel is on the wrong side!Hi Scott, so I should be looking for a VF35 turbo(poss 2nd hand),bigger fuel pump(what type and where to buy),Ecutex remap.Do I need new injectors?(if yes what size)Can you advise good places to buy and have everything fitted(Andy Forrest?)Thanks again for all your help.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:24 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

STi Pinks are classed as 550 Top feed injectors, probably pick up 2nd hand expect to pay £100-£150
VF35 Turbo will come off the same car, so also check out the 2ndhand market expect to pay £180-£250.
Fuel pump, go for a Walbro 255lph, plenty of these around for about £70

Tone/Jaffa is a good bet for fitting, based in sedlescombe 10 mins up the road from me.