South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 21-03-2016, 04:00 PM
Regular User

Default 2004 Impreza sti dash light replacement

Hi all I've been searching for ages regarding changing my green look on the dashboard to led blue bulbs. Ordered many types of bulbs but struggling to find the correct ones. Was told certain bulbs but then when I get to the my bulbs they're different. Went to change the heater bulbs with smd leds and the bulbs I have fitted are like a neo wedge twist lock but the bulb is fixed into the base so do I assume I have to buy the base aswell. The actual bulb is tiny but sits in a fairly long tube. On the wedge it says v2 and when googled it's a toshiba v2 bulb. Any help with replacement bulbs for these would be good. Haven't gone into the speedo yet but I would assume they will be the same in which case all the bulbs I've ordered are wrong.
Any input as to which bulbs I need for all parts of the dashboard would be great
Old 21-03-2016, 04:13 PM
Bronze Member

instrument panel requires you to scrape off the green film from the back of the gauges, not a fun task.
Old 22-03-2016, 08:17 AM
Gold Member

As above, its a pain, and if you not very careful, you risk damaging the needle. I would try and get a second set a practice first. I've done two sets now, I moded the second set with extra lights that come on with the ignition which makes the overall effect brighter.
Old 30-03-2016, 04:11 PM
Regular User

If I was to remove the green film would I get more light to the needles. I've got blue LEDs fitted but the needles just done show enough at night. The numbers aren't too bad to see but need more on the needles.
Old 30-03-2016, 10:06 PM
Gold Member

Yes, or get brighter less. The green layer has to be sanded off, its not just a layer to peel off.