South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > Events & Meets > SouthEastScoobies Meets & Events

SouthEastScoobies Meets & Events SES club meets and events Only

Old 15-05-2011, 03:25 PM
Regular User

Default Dunsfold Day, a Thank you and a request for feedback

Firstly, a massive thank you from me, Richard, Pete and Ruth and the rest of the charity team for supporting the event yesterday,

The combination of different car clubs displaying made a big impact to the event and that was down to you guys with your support.

The simple fact that you guys started a thread before i announced it just showed how keen you were to be involved, and the turnout made (i think) for the largest single marque display on the day.....i apologies for the last minute mix up which mean you didn't get the space to arrange the cars in anything other than a row...that was my fault, i drew up the map and then realised i hadn't included the extra space for you...perhas next year we can work together on what size space you want once we know how many of you would like to come (assuming you'd want to come back of course?)

We hope that moving the display area to allow easier access (and to enable you to leave earlier if necessary - we know if can be tough to stay all day) was a good thing and of course putting you nearer the autosolo test area enabled you guys to have some fun with your cars too. it did seems on the times i visited that the display area was getting a lot of interest during the day.

There were also a lot of changes made to the event after feedback from 2010 so i'm looking for some honest feedback on how you feel it went and what we could do to improve things for 2012.....if you loved it then it means we did well and the positivity we have seen so far makes the hard work worthwhile ..................

but we know things can be done better and what we're really after is some constructive criticism from your guys as there are a lot of events during the course of the year, we want this one to be up there with the best of them, the only way we can do that is to find out from you what we can do to improve it.

so, fire away and dont hold back!
Old 15-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

All in all it was a very good day.

You have mentioned the parking already that would have been my only criticism.
Old 15-05-2011, 05:13 PM
Bronze Member

Pretty gutted i missed this again, sounds like it was a good day
Old 15-05-2011, 05:28 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Hi Bachi,

I think everyone who came from SES had a good day

As you say, the parking was a shame, but never mind. Most car shows mark out an area and leave it up to the individual clubs to use that space how they want. More of the public are likely to want to look round as they will see it as club stands rather than just another parking area.

But overall, good job. The food area was *much* better this year - more space, more traders and more tables. Last years queues were bad (15 mins to get a coffee!) but no such problems this year. And yes, being able to leave easily was good too, as most of us called it a day by 3 or 4ish.
Old 15-05-2011, 06:07 PM
Platinum Member

all in all much better....echo Steve's post above re food and stuff.
Old 15-05-2011, 07:08 PM
Gold Member

well never parked on ses stand this year but will deffo next year but for a day out for a petrolhead it was great, my boy and his two m8s that got taken round the track in the atom/viper and mustang,plus going in the caterham and then driving a merc a class they said it was the best day ever in there life,so sums it up really,look forward to next year!!!!
Old 15-05-2011, 08:46 PM
Gold Member

Just a shame it was on a Saturday as some of us have to work!!!
Old 16-05-2011, 06:55 AM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

Think it's all covered, but could the club stands be better linked into the main show? As the food/stage area was closed off we were kind of out the back rather than integrated into the show layout? Not sure about next year as if it clashes with Japfest I think I may pop to that.

Otherwise a great day!!
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 16-05-2011, 01:03 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Thanks Harsh for a great day, as mentioned above the only negative feedback I would give is based around the Club Stand Layout.

As a club we have invested a considerable amount over the last year with the aim to promote the club at events using display flags and sign written Gazebo's, and hence try to add to the event by putting on a good display.

Dad's day out was our 1st event of 2011 where we had the oppurtunity to put on a display. Unfortunatley, due to the way we were shepherded into 'Parking' spaces we 'Almost' decided not to bother with the Flag's/Gazebo as the Club Stand looked much like the car park.

Members would normally spend the 1st hour or so cleaning/polishing, opening bonnets etc...and improving the presentation of the cars prior to public arrival. In this instance again due to the nature in which we were paked, I think I only saw one member giving the car a clean.

The Club Stand parking was even worse then last year and we gave the same feedback in 2010 too.

If we and the various other clubs hadn't put out the Flag's etc....then it would of looked just like a car park.

I am not sure why, maybe it is stipulated by the venue, that the club stands are not able to park on the grass.
The grass was nicley mowed for the Helicopter !!!

As an improvement, I would put the club stands on the grass, Pistonheads parking on the Runway adjacent to this and hence much nearer to the main event, rather then at the top end of the Runway (I didn't even know they were there until I looked at the Map at home).

The Helicopter can then go on the far side of the runway, maybe near to where the Hovercraft was.

Apologies if this sounds like quite a rant, but as events organiser for SES I was quite dissapointed with the avaialble layout. Maybe there are good reasons for it, if so then so be it.....we will know what to expect next year.

Thanks
Old 16-05-2011, 03:36 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
Thanks Harsh for a great day, as mentioned above the only negative feedback I would give is based around the Club Stand Layout.

As a club we have invested a considerable amount over the last year with the aim to promote the club at events using display flags and sign written Gazebo's, and hence try to add to the event by putting on a good display.

Dad's day out was our 1st event of 2011 where we had the oppurtunity to put on a display. Unfortunatley, due to the way we were shepherded into 'Parking' spaces we 'Almost' decided not to bother with the Flag's/Gazebo as the Club Stand looked much like the car park.

Members would normally spend the 1st hour or so cleaning/polishing, opening bonnets etc...and improving the presentation of the cars prior to public arrival. In this instance again due to the nature in which we were paked, I think I only saw one member giving the car a clean.

The Club Stand parking was even worse then last year and we gave the same feedback in 2010 too.

If we and the various other clubs hadn't put out the Flag's etc....then it would of looked just like a car park.

I am not sure why, maybe it is stipulated by the venue, that the club stands are not able to park on the grass.
The grass was nicley mowed for the Helicopter !!!

As an improvement, I would put the club stands on the grass, Pistonheads parking on the Runway adjacent to this and hence much nearer to the main event, rather then at the top end of the Runway (I didn't even know they were there until I looked at the Map at home).

The Helicopter can then go on the far side of the runway, maybe near to where the Hovercraft was.

Apologies if this sounds like quite a rant, but as events organiser for SES I was quite dissapointed with the avaialble layout. Maybe there are good reasons for it, if so then so be it.....we will know what to expect next year.

Thanks

If it helps, I agree....We are working on improving that next year, in fact it's one of my priorities, i think i mentioned that in my first post, i was disappointed this year too...in fact it was my greatest disappointment of the day

For me having the car display as an integral part of the show really adds a lot to how it is perceived.

I will check about parking on the grass......the reason we didn't was down to never being sure about what the British weather will do to us....i assumed you would prefer to park on tarmac than grass in case it was muddy, but i will certainly check.

i was hoping to use a different area but the shape of the event this year was dictated by what we had on offer, however we have already changed it for next year so we should have much more space to all clubs to display and be an integral part of the main event arena.