South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > Non Scooby / Non Car Related

Non Scooby / Non Car Related Anything Non-Scooby related.

Old 31-08-2018, 08:53 AM
Gold Member

Default Not a lot of activity lately

Have noticed that not a lot of activity on here lately. Is it due to the summer holidays or are people switching to social media,Facebook for example, which I'am not on.
Old 31-08-2018, 09:08 AM

Not on Facebook either matey so just me and you on here then

Hopefully things will pick up again soon - September meet next week which has good turnout if all who’s name down come along, hopefully a meet in Oct already being worked, Xmas meal being discussed etc

Maintained and Modified by Super Jules
&
RM Performance http://www.rmperformance.co.uk
Old 31-08-2018, 09:36 AM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Still here....
Old 31-08-2018, 10:07 AM
Authorised Trader

and me

ASPerformance 0191-4103770
PELTOR, PFC BRAKES, PAGID MOTUL, FERODO, SPEEDLINE, TRS, MINTEX, PIAA, HELLA, TEIN, WHITELINE, SUPER-PRO, MILLERS OILS
online shop!!
Old 31-08-2018, 10:35 AM
Bronze Member

Holidays!
Old 31-08-2018, 02:00 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

The facebook generation seem to be taking over the world... and many forums are much quieter these days as a result (both car related and not).

People see quick and easy access to a huge audience, rapid responses, access natively integrated into mobile devices etc as the big benefits. I can understand that, but they don't realise the vast library of historic information on forums (until they have a problem and start googling).

The shame is that many find the answer to their problem, don't contribute to the forum and then go back to facebook again. Without the forum users contributing, valuable online information resources will dry up over the years.... but that's just the way it is. Maybe the forums should reinvent themselves... we pay hosting costs to run a forum yet running a page on facebook is free.

Hey ho. Oh yeah..... and

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggissimo View Post
Holidays!
Old 31-08-2018, 10:05 PM
Gold Member

Whilst exacerbated by the hack and the issues of the rebuild (including the underwhelming cloud based vBulletin platform), the issues Steve described did for the Surrey Scoobies forum.

Make sure you keep the meets going and the club will survive, but the potential lost knowledge is a worry.

The real world shouldn't be underestimated, though!
Old 01-09-2018, 09:28 AM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

I know I've been slacking recently (last 3 years or so!) but I think we have the balance of FB Vs Forum about right - We (I) do need to get on top of the posting of upcoming meets (and meet reports) to the FB page as a way of advertising the club. I promise to try harder from now on - plus also drag my hearse to a few more meets (although it may not be the hearse much longer ).
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 10-09-2018, 10:37 PM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

I still look daily, but sometimes don’t have a lot to contribute! I shall now try to post more. Need to work out how they get pictures on easily which appears to be a pain on an ipad.
Old 10-09-2018, 10:42 PM
Formerly STIWR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I still look daily, but sometimes don’t have a lot to contribute! I shall now try to post more. Need to work out how they get pictures on easily which appears to be a pain on an ipad.
Just get tapatalk - really easy to upload pics from an iphone / pad
Old 11-09-2018, 09:04 AM
Silver Member

I look everyday but my knowledge base is a little thin so cannot give too much of an opinion or helping hand on some posts
I attended the corbeau seats open day in Hastings last Sunday very briefly and spoke to 3 Subaru owners from the hailsham area . Got talking about the club etc and unfortunately their opinion on a forum only club was rather disappointing. They were all friendly but they only seemed interested in Facebook clubs as all stated it was just easier to view and scroll through
I do agree with that to a certain extent but then Facebook groups tend to just attract the wrong kind of people ( key board warriors and general morons )
I’m not sure what the answer is maybe to move with the times ?
Old 11-09-2018, 08:17 PM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkinokkinoo View Post
Just get tapatalk - really easy to upload pics from an iphone / pad
Cheers dude 👍
Old 12-09-2018, 01:27 PM
Gold Member

Hi Steve, may be you could post a few pictures of your daughter driving your Focus RS!!!
Old 12-09-2018, 02:09 PM
Platinum Member

The Facebook groups are awfull , the amount of seriously wrong info on there is funny . But I imagine expensive to some too what I've seen been given as advice ,
I flick between here and the Ra forum now for advice and threads . Not many people doing build threads it seems either as I think a lot of people moved on now to newer things with more hp / reliability lol
Old 12-09-2018, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
Hi Steve, may be you could post a few pictures of your daughter driving your Focus RS!!!
I don’t even let her in it lol