South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Garage > Engine Management

Engine Management For all your mapping,diagnostics and electronics

Old 10-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Silver Member

Default Another Sigma alarm problem

At least i think its a problem with the alarm but could possibly be a problem with the central locking. Either way, whenever i disarm the alarm which unlocks the doors, the drivers door makes a horrible noisy and embarassing grindy noise. I'll assume its the motor for the central locking thats making the noise but who would have supplied the motor? Is it a part of the Sigma alarm system or is it a part of the original subaru central locking? I've checked ebay and can't seem to find a central locking motor for the drivers door.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:12 PM
Platinum Member

I believe its part of the original subaru central locking, imo the sigmas are more of a pain in the ass than there actually worth. Had no end of problems on my blue classic, in the end got it taken out and had a clifford fitted
Old 10-01-2012, 05:08 PM
Bronze Member

i think you will find its just an aftermarket soleniod basicly bodged in as thay never had a motor fitted in the drivers door. thay had a micro switch that senses when you unlock with the key an sends the signal to the other 3 doors. to get the alarm to unlock all doors thay had to fit a motor when thay fitted the alarm when thay were imported over .

well thay did on classics. im not sure on newage,s
Old 10-01-2012, 07:34 PM
Silver Member

Thanks for the replies guys. thats what i thought regarding the door not originally having a motor/solenoid.

So, anyone have any idea what solenoid i can order as a replacement?
Old 10-01-2012, 07:35 PM
Authorised Trader

would suggest stripping the door cover off first as often they are simply out of adjustment and an easy sort

ASPerformance 0191-4103770
PELTOR, PFC BRAKES, PAGID MOTUL, FERODO, SPEEDLINE, TRS, MINTEX, PIAA, HELLA, TEIN, WHITELINE, SUPER-PRO, MILLERS OILS
online shop!!