South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > Events & Meets > The Ring Zone

The Ring Zone The area for the Annual S.E.S Ring Trip. Plus all the information you will ever need on the infamous Nurburgring.

Old 26-05-2012, 11:15 AM
Bronze Member

hope its nothing that cant be fixed
Old 27-05-2012, 03:52 PM
Platinum Member

Brake problem I believe, corroded and bent pad guide....... Daz stripped it down and done a repair, all spot on from the text I got
Old 27-05-2012, 07:32 PM
Silver Member

Well, guys and gals, I'm back home from an amazing weekend trip to the Ring. I had such a great time and it was fantastic to meet everybody. Unfortunately I had to go back home this noon already as I've got early shift tomorrow. The Ring got extremely busy during the day time due to the long Whitsun weekend, so by the time I left not everybody had a lap on the Ring yet. I hope this has changed in the meantime.

A huge thank you to Clive, who kindly bought me a ticket to do the Ring. I looked at him a bit puzzled when he gave it to me as I wasn't sure at all if I should do it or not. But when we went down to the Ring this morning I "cleverly" missed the entrance to the carpark, where I wanted to have a deep breath and another thought first, but ended up right in the entrance to the Ring and had to do it, whether I wanted or not. :zoiks: I went round it at a "ridiculous" speed with my 125 BHP beast and even managed to pass some Sunday driver at the end of the lap. Well, despite having no high-powered car, I really, really enjoyed this lap, that was quite some experience and I can say now: I did the Ring!!! Many many thanks once again, Clive.

Another BIG thank you to Clive from my brother for taking him for the blast of his life on the way back from the restaurant to the hotel on Saturday night. He still has this grin on his face and doesn't stop talking about it. He seems to be a really happy chappy.

Also a huge thank you to Martyn for paying for mine and my brother's breakfast on Saturday morning when we arrived and to Steve for giving me a great SES poloshirt with my name on it just as a pressie. I was so touched, lads, and really think you are very naughty. Thank you so much for what you have done for me.

Many thanks to all you guys and gals. You really made me feel very welcome and, as I said before, I had a fantastic weekend and am already looking forward so much to next year now.
Old 27-05-2012, 08:21 PM
Bronze Member

mums family gets bigger and bigger,delighted for you mum
Old 28-05-2012, 06:30 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Paddy View Post
mums family gets bigger and bigger,delighted for you mum
Thanks Phil. The WOC and SES are two fantastic clubs to belong to indeed, aren't they?
Old 28-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerstin View Post
Thanks Phil. The WOC and SES are two fantastic clubs to belong to indeed, aren't they?

very true kerstin
Old 28-05-2012, 07:40 PM
Platinum Member

Well a couple of us are back and as we left no major car dramas!

Knackered now after 5 1/2 hours driving but the car survived
Old 28-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Gold Member

was a nice little run in for yours wasnt it tim??bet your well happy with it!!
Old 28-05-2012, 08:20 PM
'2 Spanners Qualified Technician' - If your job requires more then 1 spanner I'm your man !!!!!

Glad to hear that Tim.
Old 28-05-2012, 08:43 PM
Gold Member

Nice photos Kerstin, it was fantastic to meet you!
Old 28-05-2012, 09:22 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Well the last 2 standing at hotel nordschleife have just had a cracking meal and a few weisebier, followed by an ice cream breidscheild.
Oh and just seen the grass verge of track cut by flood light tractor. ses pig now has a small tash.......
Old 28-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
Well the last 2 standing at hotel nordschleife have just had a cracking meal and a few weisebier, followed by an ice cream breidscheild.
Oh and just seen the grass verge of track cut by flood light tractor. ses pig now has a small tash.......
As your so close could you please pop over with a broom and give it a quick clean up.
Old 29-05-2012, 08:44 AM
Gold Member

Wanted to say a BIG thanks to those that organised the trip - particularly to Steve (Worzel) Hope those that are still there have a good trip back.
Old 29-05-2012, 12:18 PM
The Nurburgring JUDGE!

On our way back, spot of lunch before the final leg..
Old 29-05-2012, 12:56 PM
It Tick's All His Boxes.....or Scratches Another Itch.

Just missed the 4pm ferry, yesterday but 6pm amd home at respectable hour.

Really enjoyed myself, ticked another box. Most importantly car performed great with no drama's on track or off. And managed to properly stretch its legs but soon come to the conclusion as a track car it could do with more than just whiteline and eibach's.

And to make Big E's day even more. Much to my pleasant suprise I can with authority say I spanked the M3's on the autobahns on the way home, had lots of plays from 90mph up to 130mph, and a few top speed runs of 175mph recorded on speedo at one point. And the scoob pulled in the M3's fairly quickly no matter what gear or speed including the very top end. 152mph on GPS Satnav up hill at one point

My car is running silly rich and burning fuel way too much, so even better to know once the fueling is leaned out to more of an acceptable level it will be even quicker.

Sorry we couldn't make the Sunday night, but nice to meet you Kerstin on the Saturday, and all went very well - Top job and thanks again.

Can highly recommend our Hotel, rooms are spacious clean, and a balcony overlooking the track is great, along with own lock up garage.

Thanks to event organisers and especially Scott for sorting out our rooms, ferrys.
Old 29-05-2012, 06:45 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby_Greg View Post
Nice photos Kerstin, it was fantastic to meet you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobEvo5 View Post
Sorry we couldn't make the Sunday night, but nice to meet you Kerstin on the Saturday, and all went very well - Top job and thanks again.

Thanks lads. I really enjoyed meeting you all, too. You're a great bunch and I can't wait for next year.
Old 29-05-2012, 09:30 PM
Gold Member

Just got back , can we go back NOW
Old 29-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Platinum Member

Just returned home from another epic trip to The Ring. I didn't think last years trip could be bettered but to be honest this years was better (for some of us .

Kerstin, your welcome. You can now say you have "drove The Ring" . Great to meet your brother Frank who was a nice guy.

The initial trip on Friday was a bit of a mare but no-ones fault. It was a bank holiday with road works & just like the UK would have been, so it was no big deal.

Awesome time spent with an awesome crowd of people.

Met and spent some quality time with some new faces too. Greg, your Aston is just pure heaven and was good to meet you. Also spent some quality time with your passenger/ driver Dave. We shared many interests .

Good chatting to Canon too (Lazydude) who seemed to have developed a fifth limb in the form of a camera .

Huge thanks to Steve & Martin for all the efforts involved in producing another classic Ring trip ...... top blokes the both of you.

Daz was the hero in many eyes for his commitment to helping others with mechanics. The guy virtually lived under bonnets or wheel arches most days.

Toooo much to write but will continue when I post up my pictures later.

Fookin awesome and still buzzing.

Jackie .......... your hospitality is faultless !
Old 29-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Platinum Member

good to see you all back......didn't get to chat to you Clive....really must do that soon
Old 29-05-2012, 09:55 PM
Bronze Member

I Just got home too.

Lol, Clive, will work through what my limb managed to capture.

Was great to meet you all, and pending the results of my compression test, i'll be back next year.

Many thanks to Daz for the quality make shift repairs and Catch Can creation.
Old 29-05-2012, 10:26 PM
Regular User

Massive thanks to all those that organised this trip. Both myself and Jess enjoyed it thoroughly.

I will post up more thanks in the morning about the peeps that made it an incredibly special weekend.

Reality is now beginning to set in unfortunatly.
Old 29-05-2012, 10:44 PM
Platinum Member

Hongkongfooi, yes I agree mate lol. Next time !

Great to meet Joel & Jess too. We had many laughs together
Old 29-05-2012, 10:52 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

What a trip

Great to meet some new faces and to enjoy so many laughs with everyone.
Old 29-05-2012, 11:33 PM
Bronze Member

As my better half said, a fab (F.A.B?) trip and lovely to meet some new faces. The weather was amazing too! Annoyed that I felt ill for the first couple of days, but had a great time none-the-less. Enjoyed the time on track so much more this year than in previous years - finally managed to relax and enjoy the ride rather than clinging on for dear life!
Old 29-05-2012, 11:48 PM
worzel

What an absolutely awesome trip! A massive thank you to every single person who came this year, you really helped to make this a special one!

Without doubt, this was such a chilled out trip. No pressure, no fuss, lots of extra sleep (especially for 2 of us ) lots of laughs and lots of incredibly precious memories! Thanks to you one and all!

Just think, only 11 months, 3 weeks and a few days until the 2013 SES ring trip

Lots of things to talk about in the next few days, along with lots of pics to process and videos to edit! Watch this space!
Old 30-05-2012, 06:52 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby_Greg View Post
Wanted to say a BIG thanks to those that organised the trip - particularly to Steve (Worzel) Hope those that are still there have a good trip back.
Ill second that and it was absolutley spot on, he did a cracking job again!
Old 30-05-2012, 07:18 AM
Crowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerstin View Post
Well, guys and gals, I'm back home from an amazing weekend trip to the Ring. I had such a great time and it was fantastic to meet everybody. Unfortunately I had to go back home this noon already as I've got early shift tomorrow. The Ring got extremely busy during the day time due to the long Whitsun weekend, so by the time I left not everybody had a lap on the Ring yet. I hope this has changed in the meantime.

A huge thank you to Clive, who kindly bought me a ticket to do the Ring. I looked at him a bit puzzled when he gave it to me as I wasn't sure at all if I should do it or not. But when we went down to the Ring this morning I "cleverly" missed the entrance to the carpark, where I wanted to have a deep breath and another thought first, but ended up right in the entrance to the Ring and had to do it, whether I wanted or not. :zoiks: I went round it at a "ridiculous" speed with my 125 BHP beast and even managed to pass some Sunday driver at the end of the lap. Well, despite having no high-powered car, I really, really enjoyed this lap, that was quite some experience and I can say now: I did the Ring!!! Many many thanks once again, Clive.

Another BIG thank you to Clive from my brother for taking him for the blast of his life on the way back from the restaurant to the hotel on Saturday night. He still has this grin on his face and doesn't stop talking about it. He seems to be a really happy chappy.

Also a huge thank you to Martyn for paying for mine and my brother's breakfast on Saturday morning when we arrived and to Steve for giving me a great SES poloshirt with my name on it just as a pressie. I was so touched, lads, and really think you are very naughty. Thank you so much for what you have done for me.

Many thanks to all you guys and gals. You really made me feel very welcome and, as I said before, I had a fantastic weekend and am already looking forward so much to next year now.
Kerstin
It was great to see you and your brother , I'm glad you had a great time , and how wicked that you did a lap of the Green Hell
Roll on ring trip 2013
Old 30-05-2012, 09:21 AM
worzel

Many thanks for the kind congratulations, it's much appreciated

But I couldn't have done half of it without my partner in crime and best mucka Crowman, he deserves half of the credit for the way the whole weekend went. Cheers pal, your a legend.

Big thanks must also go out to the likes of BigE & StevePPP who answered the call when two eedjuts took on the locals in a drinking contest and ended up slightly the worst for wear! That was a task and a half that you both rose to without question or hesitation. Both of us "fallen soldiers" can't thank you enough.

Thanks for all the running about and helping out. And at the concern shown by so many people when the chips were down for 2 members of the group. You are all an unbelievable bunch of people, thank you. Clive, I really needed that message when you sent it, feeling really sorry for myself, thanks pal, your a star All you got in return was a picture of an eedjut

Cheers too from me personally, again to my mucka Martyn along with Jay & Rich for basically keeping me alive! Words can't really express my gratitude guys

What a great bunch of people you all are!
Old 30-05-2012, 09:24 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
Kerstin
It was great to see you and your brother , I'm glad you had a great time , and how wicked that you did a lap of the Green Hell
Roll on ring trip 2013
Can't wait for next year, either, Martyn.

As for my lap, that wasn't wicked in the first place, that was more something like an accident. Clive kindly bought me this ticket but even on our way to the Ring on Sunday morning I wasn't sure at all yet if I should do it or not. I nearly wet myself. After all I was nothing but a traffic obstruction for the others. But then I missed the entrance to the Ring carpark (where I wanted to have a deep breath and another thought) and landed straight in the entrance to the Ring instead. So I didn't have much of an option anymore. But I enjoyed it sooooo much and I can say now 'YES, I did it!!!!!!'
Old 30-05-2012, 10:01 AM
Platinum Member

Very proud of you for doing the lap Mum. Knowing that you were up all night worried about it, it would have been very easy to reverse and cause chaos but you still went ahead with the lap.

Good girl
Old 30-05-2012, 01:06 PM
Regular User

I can honestly say that was the BEST trip I've ever had!! A really big thanks to all of you that invited me and Lucia along, I wouldn't of wanted to of been there with anyone else!!

And to see 'Big E' absolutely thrash the two New BMW M3's on the track and for them to congratulate him when we went out for a meal, WHAT A LEGEND!!!

I can honestly say that I would like to go to the Ring EVERY year for the rest of my life!! Top people, top cars, top weather Thanks everyone
Old 30-05-2012, 01:33 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Great trip and just the ticket for 2 of us who are facing redundancy risks upon return. Really helped to blow away some cobwebs and focus on what is important in life.

Big thanks to Greg for the trip out in the Aston and to Sim, Tim and Dave for the SES company at Eddies place.
Was good to get out an explore the nether regions of the track on foot and get some good if rather risky positioned photo's (will try and post tonight).

The BMW and ex-LeMan boy's also send thanks for a great weekend with their words being "it was as good if not better then LeMans, they will be back and may hire a ring car next time (the M3's are a bit slow )".
As they have been doing LeMans for 10 years I took this as a great compliment.
Old 30-05-2012, 02:31 PM
The Nurburgring JUDGE!

Fantastic trip, so many thanks to "E" for getting us there and back safely, with awesome car control on and off the track. Many times I thought this isn't going to get round this corner but round she went... I'd also like to thank him for going above and beyond over the weekend.

Thanks also to all that organised the trip and everyone else that came for making it a great weekend.

I believe Russell in the M3 has a vid of "E" coming past that is going to be loaded onto their website. If anyone has the website link I'd like to see that and I can bet "E" would as well.
Old 30-05-2012, 02:41 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by worzel View Post

But I couldn't have done half of it without my partner in crime and best mucka Crowman, he deserves half of the credit for the way the whole weekend went. Cheers pal, your a legend.

Big thanks must also go out to the likes of BigE & StevePPP who answered the call when two eedjuts took on the locals in a drinking contest and ended up slightly the worst for wear! That was a task and a half that you both rose to without question or hesitation. Both of us "fallen soldiers" can't thank you enough.

Thanks for all the running about and helping out. And at the concern shown by so many people when the chips were down for 2 members of the group. You are all an unbelievable bunch of people, thank you. Clive, I really needed that message when you sent it, feeling really sorry for myself, thanks pal, your a star All you got in return was a picture of an eedjut

Cheers too from me personally, again to my mucka Martyn along with Jay & Rich for basically keeping me alive! Words can't really express my gratitude guys

Your more than welcome mate and it certainly shook me up a bit, id never leave a man down in the field that's for sure.

We came out together and we went home together!
Old 30-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullfudge View Post
Very proud of you for doing the lap Mum. Knowing that you were up all night worried about it, it would have been very easy to reverse and cause chaos but you still went ahead with the lap.

Good girl

Thanks Clive. You're right, I could have reversed but I didn't want to make a complete fool of myself and just went for it. And for some strange reason I don't regret it................ Many, many thanks again for doing this for me. It wouldn't have come into my mind to buy a lap.

Just a shame I haven't found a picture of evidence yet. Well, possibly I was just too fast for these high speed cameras.
Old 30-05-2012, 10:46 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiggy View Post
Fantastic trip, so many thanks to "E" for getting us there and back safely, with awesome car control on and off the track. Many times I thought this isn't going to get round this corner but round she went... I'd also like to thank him for going above and beyond over the weekend.

Thanks also to all that organised the trip and everyone else that came for making it a great weekend.

I believe Russell in the M3 has a vid of "E" coming past that is going to be loaded onto their website. If anyone has the website link I'd like to see that and I can bet "E" would as well.

No probs mate it was my pleasure,

I thoroughly enjoyed the hole weekend it was good having your company glad you enjoyed it as much as me.

Cant wait to see the vids posted up
Old 30-05-2012, 10:51 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by worzel View Post

I will always help out when I can.

But next time my phone rings at 04.20 I may well not answer it, ay James.