South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:37 AM
Platinum Member

Default Goodbye to the P1Woc

I called it a day and have left The P1Woc and wont be going back.

There has been much going on at a certain tuning company who are also site sponsors. A few of us know what is going on and basically they didn't like it when hints were dropped advising guys of the truth and to go elsewhere.

You would think they were the best outfit on the planet listening to their sweet talk in the threads but all they seem to do is owe members money and have fooked 6 engine builds leaving others to rectify the problems. They have made a big noise about putting ONE engine right FOC but say nothing of the others where the poor guys have lost money.

Anyway I can hold my head up high. Advising mates to stay away and not throw money to the wind isn't a bad thing when you know what is going on behind closed doors.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:41 AM
worzel

I'm sad to hear that mate, I know you have made many good friends over there, so it must have been a decision that wasn't easy to make.

Clive you have PM
Old 05-12-2011, 11:52 AM
Crowman

Clive , I have seen this approaching .
Such a shame.
Mum will be gutted
Old 05-12-2011, 12:47 PM
Platinum Member

Not an easy decision Clive, to leave a club that you have played a big part in and promoted!

Let's hope things sort themselves out and perhaps in time you can again enjoy being part of the WOC.

Its always difficult when it comes to site sponsors, this is why we try and do some homework prior to allowing advertising within SES........ if there's a problem, then its good that people like yourself speak up so that others are aware and can make a more enlightened decision as to where to spend their hard earned......

Hope things sort themselves out, but if not, you've always got a home here
Old 05-12-2011, 01:10 PM
Platinum Member

Thanks guys, I always feel welcomed in the SES and you are a good bunch of humans.

Yes, it was a massive decision for me because RCM's work on my P1 has kinda pushed the P1 to the forefront of the club along with a couple more nice examples.

With Big Tel, KrissyB and Martyn all owning P1's that's cool and to have the famous White P1 in The SES is great.

I have made many good solid mates in The Woc and I we shall remain long term mates. Several have already phoned me this morning saying that they are leaving now so we may have a few more P1's here yet

Martyn, you are correct about P1Mum. She thought I was going to leave the club a few months ago when I mentioned I was looking at a GTR34 and pm'd me saying "this is crazy that I find myself crying at the thought of you leaving the club" ........... bless her.
I promised her I would phone her today and that will be some difficult minutes as I know full well how it's going to end up

On a happier note Olly emailed me to say the P1 is coming on fine and "the red carpet is ready" for The SES on Saturday
Old 05-12-2011, 01:43 PM
Gold Member

Sad that you've had to make the decision to leave the forum having seen how many times you've promoted it. Its great if a forum can get some companies behind it, but never good when the tail starts to wag the dog.

Hope it all gets resolved and you can support the P1WOC again: by the sounds of it you will soon have a functional car to keep you amused in the meantime!
Old 05-12-2011, 02:18 PM
Platinum Member

Ive just read that thread.......interesting
Old 05-12-2011, 02:41 PM
Silver Member

[QUOTE=Hongkongfooi;112772]Ive just read that thread.......interesting[/QUOTE

it's a long read!

I joined the p1woc when i was hunting for a car as i'd seen a p1 i liked and wanted some advice before i brought it..... good bunch on there and got some good advice as it turned out the car i was looking at may have been in a prang!!

Skullfudge it's a shame you've had to call it a day when it looks like you've had a lot of involvement in the club, atleast you can take some comfort in knowing you'll stay in touch with your friends on there

onwards and upwards!!!
Old 05-12-2011, 03:30 PM
Regular User

Hello Clive, gutted you have decided to leave the woc. Lin will not have anything to read now, she only ever read/looked at your posts lol. Hope your call to Kestin is not to painful, she will be in bits knowing you have left, all the best with that fella.Never been a big player on the woc,but i got the feeling the sh!t would hit the fan sooner or later, just seems a shame that you feel you have to leave through no fault of your own. Would love to see you back, but if not Lin will have to pop in here to get her fix lol.

Best regards
Markie & Lin
Old 05-12-2011, 05:36 PM
Authorised Trader

real shame you feel you have to step out Clive, i personally feel that the WOC and the likes of SES still have that "community" type spirit and advertisers dont rule the roost as they do on the likes of SN..............

speak soon, alyn

ASPerformance 0191-4103770
PELTOR, PFC BRAKES, PAGID MOTUL, FERODO, SPEEDLINE, TRS, MINTEX, PIAA, HELLA, TEIN, WHITELINE, SUPER-PRO, MILLERS OILS
online shop!!
Old 05-12-2011, 06:27 PM
Platinum Member

Thanks guys.
It's the way everything is covered up on a regular basis that gets to you when you are reading their posts knowing the actual truth behind all the bollox you are reading.
I was more than fair about it as were another two mate that knew everything going on. We could have caused a war if we wanted to anytime we chose to but we never. There are still heaps of things we haven't mentioned too.

Markie you fookin sneak LOL....... how long you been in The SES.
I never knew you and Lynn were members.!

Guys this Markie fella & his wife Lynn (with size 14 shoes) has a corker of a Scoob !
Old 05-12-2011, 06:28 PM
Platinum Member

Know how you feel mate, espically when you put so much into a club and make some good mates it makes it really hard to leave, even worse when **** finally hits the fan and nothing is done about it

just out of curousity who was the tuning company?
Old 05-12-2011, 08:18 PM
Regular User

Ha ha recon you never had me down for a lurker been a member for a long while, just i could never remember my login details lol. I will have to pop along to show you the latest P1, still have the other one tucked up in the garage,although i must get round to advertising it lol. Lin & her size 14 boots recon its bad enough having one mistress in the garage,she recons two is taking the p/ss

Markie

ps i wonder if i am aloud to change my user name ?
Old 05-12-2011, 08:56 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by STI 05 View Post
Ha ha recon you never had me down for a lurker been a member for a long while, just i could never remember my login details lol. I will have to pop along to show you the latest P1, still have the other one tucked up in the garage,although i must get round to advertising it lol. Lin & her size 14 boots recon its bad enough having one mistress in the garage,she recons two is taking the p/ss

Markie

ps i wonder if i am aloud to change my user name ?
That's it come on here mentioning the 'inferior' garage of yours again

It looks like the WOC invasion of SES is going well, Clive has got himself on the inside and is working on the site renaming as we speak LOL
Old 05-12-2011, 10:02 PM
Regular User

PMSL Tel, yeah thought i'd better get in there with biggin up the garage probably the first & last time i get in before you photos not alowed lol
Old 06-12-2011, 12:25 AM
Platinum Member

PMSL ....
Old 06-12-2011, 06:26 PM
Bronze Member

Glad I have not got the engine build stage yet, think I might just build my own after reading whats been going on.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:08 PM
Bronze Member

I think the WOC is in Meltdown!!! Just hope it recovers, there are a people laying low waiting for things will blow over but I think it's gone too far this time, could go on for a while!
Old 06-12-2011, 08:10 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markie View Post
PMSL Tel, yeah thought i'd better get in there with biggin up the garage probably the first & last time i get in before you photos not alowed lol

Just one little Pic?? ........ I will photoshop some lights out if it helps you
Old 06-12-2011, 08:45 PM
Regular User

Lol just the 1 Pic then i still need to do the floor/lights & get sockets located where i want them then there is the security side of things to do.................
Old 06-12-2011, 10:54 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markie View Post
Lol just the 1 Pic then i still need to do the floor/lights & get sockets located where i want them then there is the security side of things to do.................
I have got a garage pic all ready for my Avatar :0)

I will let you know when I'm your way for a look ref security will have to be almost as good as mine ........... but not quite

Just need to pick up one of these little babies and mines done

Old 06-12-2011, 10:56 PM
Bronze Member

This site is great ............... auto embed of Youtube and everything!!!!
Old 06-12-2011, 10:58 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissyb View Post
Glad I have not got the engine build stage yet, think I might just build my own after reading whats been going on.
I always got the impression that Nick was a good builder, not sure if he is rushing and making mistakes or what!
Old 06-12-2011, 11:04 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTel View Post
I have got a garage pic all ready for my Avatar :0)

I will let you know when I'm your way for a look ref security will have to be almost as good as mine ........... but nite quite

Just need to pick up one of these little babies and mines done

I posted a video of an Evo on here not so long ago, thats what happened in my lounge when i pressed 'submit reply' !!!!
Old 07-12-2011, 09:13 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
This was fitted in a shop I used to work in. The alarm was forever going off by itself and I came to work on several occasions to be confronted by a shop full of smoke. Its properly dense, even over a large area.

I was working a late shift one evening, we closed up and went to the pub. About 15 minutes later someone came rushing in to the pub telling us the shop was on fire. The alarm hadn't set properly and had set the smoke cloak off again!
Old 07-12-2011, 12:48 PM
Platinum Member

LOL
Old 07-12-2011, 01:27 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
This was fitted in a shop I used to work in. The alarm was forever going off by itself and I came to work on several occasions to be confronted by a shop full of smoke. Its properly dense, even over a large area.

I was working a late shift one evening, we closed up and went to the pub. About 15 minutes later someone came rushing in to the pub telling us the shop was on fire. The alarm hadn't set properly and had set the smoke cloak off again!
They should be nearly impossible to go off in an empty shop, they should be fitted so that two sensors both have to agree there is someone there before they fire. Someone calls the fire service most times they are tested LOL

Smartwater is more fun, everyone gets wet too
Old 07-12-2011, 02:41 PM
Crowman

One of our largest accounts is sainsburys , they are having a big push on replacing smoke cloaks and ANPR at all there PFS's - petrol filling stations.
Great business for us .
Won't say which one, but one PFS is losing around 70k a month in drive offs

Smart waters great, no getting away from that .
Old 07-12-2011, 06:03 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
One of our largest accounts is sainsburys , they are having a big push on replacing smoke cloaks and ANPR at all there PFS's - petrol filling stations.
Great business for us .
Won't say which one, but one PFS is losing around 70k a month in drive offs

Smart waters great, no getting away from that .
Have you got any petrol stations your way with the spikes that pop up and burst your tyres if you drive off without paying? That tends to work too LOL
Old 07-12-2011, 07:20 PM
Platinum Member

PMSL
Old 07-12-2011, 07:47 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullfudge View Post
PMSL

I was going to get a system installed on the way INTO SP! LOL

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/essex/7208911.stm
Old 07-12-2011, 07:50 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
One of our largest accounts is sainsburys , they are having a big push on replacing smoke cloaks and ANPR at all there PFS's - petrol filling stations. .
did see a box of them behind me at work & wonderd if they could be adapted to deal with tailgaters. . .
maybe not lol
Old 07-12-2011, 08:09 PM
Silver Member

the new(ish) petrol station on the A2 near Gravesend has an abandoned police car parked outside as a deterrent...... it would probably work if it wasn't covered in cobwebs and had tyres with air in them!
Old 08-12-2011, 02:37 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyWRX View Post
just out of curousity who was the tuning company?
Wouldn't mind knowing as well just in case i ever get a scooby again
Old 08-12-2011, 02:49 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
They should be nearly impossible to go off in an empty shop, they should be fitted so that two sensors both have to agree there is someone there before they fire. Someone calls the fire service most times they are tested LOL
Thats what the engineer used to say every time he came round to check the system!

Yeah, the fire brigade showed up on a number of occasions, if you got a call in quick after the system went off you could call them off, but more often or not they'd already be there by the time one of the management showed up.

It always used to annoy me that more effort wasn't made into finding out why the system was so bloody twitchy, as I'm sure the fire brigade had much better things to do then run around for a stupid alarm!

Funny you say about the ANPR. I popped into a BP garage about a fortnight ago (in Whyteleafe) and they have a screen for the ANPR behind the counter flashing up the registrations as cars pull in. Never seen that in a petrol station before: by the sounds of it, it'll be a more common sight soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granby
Wouldn't mind knowing as well just in case i ever get a scooby again
I don't want to tread on any toes naming the company on here, but have a look on the P1WOC for the "Personal Message" thread, the answers is in there.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:02 PM
Gold Member

Thanks but 68 pages, i can't be bothered lol
Old 08-12-2011, 03:21 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granby View Post
Thanks but 68 pages, i can't be bothered lol
Thanks to everyone that PM'd me, i now know