South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > Events & Meets > SouthEastScoobies Meets & Events

SouthEastScoobies Meets & Events SES club meets and events Only

Old 04-06-2012, 09:47 PM
Gold Member

Well that was a interesting day
Old 04-06-2012, 09:52 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason73 View Post
Just got in😭big thanks to granby for taking me and the kids home👍you're one top bloke. Car is in a bad way I think😭😞will know in the next couple of days. Just glad I'm alive. That's one of my nine lives used up.hasnt put me off one bit though and I'll be back before you know it in either my scoob all fixed or another one👍. Once again BIG thanks to Ian!!!!!!!
Glad to hear you are ok .
Old 04-06-2012, 09:56 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Quote:
Just got in😭big thanks to granby for taking me and the kids home👍you're one top bloke. Car is in a bad way I think😭😞will know in the next couple of days. Just glad I'm alive. That's one of my nine lives used up.hasnt put me off one bit though and I'll be back before you know it in either my scoob all fixed or another one👍. Once again BIG thanks to Ian!!!!!!!
Glad your ok mate, take it easy and chill if possible for the rest of the bank holiday.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:00 PM
Platinum Member

Sounds like it was a great day out

Sorry to hear about the off but better it happens on track than on public roads.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:03 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Not a problem at all, just so glad to see your ok and the kids smiling again

Glad it hasnt put you off and I know the number of a good driving instructor if you need it lol
Old 04-06-2012, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Just got in��big thanks to granby for taking me and the kids home��you're one top bloke. Car is in a bad way I think����will know in the next couple of days. Just glad I'm alive. That's one of my nine lives used up.hasnt put me off one bit though and I'll be back before you know it in either my scoob all fixed or another one��. Once again BIG thanks to Ian!!!!!!!
Glad your ok mate and home safe and sound, cars can be fixed or replaced!!

Top man Granby for looking after Jason and his family.

Mapped and maintained by FBTuning 07595 493581.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:36 PM
Silver Member

Glad you're ok
Old 04-06-2012, 10:43 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Good to hear that you're home and all ok. I really hope you are able to get the car sorted.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:44 PM
Regular User

MASSIVE thanks to Scott for organising, had a great day and enjoyed my time on the track albeit cut short due to the noisy exhaust!!

A shame the day ended as it did and when we was all waiting with baited breaths for news Jason was okay. The main thing Jason is all okay and as always said cars can be replaced people cannot. At least the kids were smiling at the end by what has been said. I reckon that is because they went home in the awesome sounding Monaro.

Thanks Ian for use of the tools to secure the bung. Top bloke you are. Shown again by going out of your way to provide a lift home at the conclusion of the days sad event.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:49 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
At least the kids were smiling at the end by what has been said. I reckon that is because they went home in the awesome sounding Monaro.

Thanks Ian for use of the tools to secure the bung. Top bloke you are. Shown again by going out of your way to provide a lift home at the conclusion of the days sad event.
They fell asleep on the way home, must of been my super smooth driving lol

Always happy to help out when I can, it's what being in a club is all about (even with a Vauxhall)
Old 04-06-2012, 11:48 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginola View Post
I've got to e-mail the dude with the truck sized camera that was taking the photos he has a flicker account will dig out the details later on.
I'd also be interested in this
Old 05-06-2012, 12:20 AM
Crowman

Glad no one seriously hurt.
Granby
Hats off mate.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:47 PM

Hi all,

As the organiser and fellow Scoob owner I really wanted to say thanks for a fantastic turn out with some great cars. The noise of the cars on track was brilliant. Many thanks for all your support, hope Jason and car recover okay.

Can I please ask if you can all spare some time to feedback any issues or observations you had so we can fine tune for next year, which will be a 105dB day by the way!

Havent finished totting up year but we are on track (excuse the pun!) to make £16k total donations

Best regards

Baz
Old 05-06-2012, 04:00 PM

Hi Baz,

Thanks for all your efforts yesterday - and pass those thanks on to the rest of your team/volunteer helpers. I know i was hanging around asking questions at times but in general everything worked well on the day and we had a superb day out.

105db day next year would be even more popular with us!

Steve
Old 05-06-2012, 04:12 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by baz995 View Post
Hi all,

As the organiser and fellow Scoob owner I really wanted to say thanks for a fantastic turn out with some great cars. The noise of the cars on track was brilliant. Many thanks for all your support, hope Jason and car recover okay.

Can I please ask if you can all spare some time to feedback any issues or observations you had so we can fine tune for next year, which will be a 105dB day by the way!

Havent finished totting up year but we are on track (excuse the pun!) to make £16k total donations

Best regards

Baz
I personally had a great day.

Increasing the noise limit next year will be good to save me changing my exhaust prior to taking part.

One suggestion: please can the pit direction sign be moved away from the edge of the circuit, as it gets in the way

I am sure everyone (well maybe not everyone ) that went on track thoroughly enjoyed the experience of the track.

Thank you Baz for a day that I will remember for a long time.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG"E" View Post
One suggestion: please can the pit direction sign be moved away from the edge of the circuit, as it gets in the way
Didn't seem to be a problem for anyone else, Ian
Old 05-06-2012, 06:06 PM

http://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/...43547697_o.jpg
Old 05-06-2012, 06:14 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baz995 View Post
Liking that

Old 05-06-2012, 06:29 PM

Great photo! Have you got a link to the photographers website?
Old 05-06-2012, 06:50 PM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

Great pic, one for next years calendar? Photographers website would be great to know!
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 05-06-2012, 07:16 PM

I e-mailed him last night, hopefully hes got
Some cracking shots, maybe baz has had some already?

Will check e-mail when I get in.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:46 PM

I had 5 pro photographers on site during the day as I knew there woul dbe no chance of me getting around to do any. They took approx 3200 between them!! Processing now and will keep you informed.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:26 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

Thanks for posting up Baz, it was a great day for us and the thrill of driving Goodwood was worth every penny. I will be in touch via the normal route.
Regards

Scott.T.....
Old 05-06-2012, 10:53 PM
Gold Member

Thank you Scott for all the organising that went into pulling this together
Old 05-06-2012, 11:58 PM

Thank you Scott for organising us (and scotts little helper?) and thank you Baz for organising the event.
I had a brilliant day, amazing the weather held out.
I would be more than happy to attend next year particularly with a 105db limit wich would mean I can hopefully take part.

Thinking of suggestions for next year, would it be possible to keep all of us together in the padock? This would mean Ian has less distance to walk for cake

thanks once again for a great day.

Dave.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:06 AM
Gold Member

105dB hmmm i wonder if i'll make that, need to get mine tested on the loud & louder settings
Old 06-06-2012, 12:25 AM
Silver Member

Thanks guys for organizing this event,has been there amazing and really we are thinking try this track too,but think we need different exhaust

Jura
Old 06-06-2012, 10:29 AM
Bronze Member

Thankyou Scott for organising the day - had a great time and I think SWMBO even enjoyed herself although I doubt she'd admit it....

I have a bit of video from the parade lap that I'll youtube at some point...

Jason, I hope you were ok... Must stop talking to fellow WRX hawk owners, I think it's bad luck... Talked to Lazadude at Japfest - next thing his car blows up at Nurburgring, then talked to you yesterday and well..... !

J.