South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > Events & Meets > SouthEastScoobies Meets & Events

SouthEastScoobies Meets & Events SES club meets and events Only

Old 18-05-2014, 07:46 PM
Silver Member

Had a great day today people. Thank you to all that organised.

Hope people are not too burnt as the weather was fantastic.
Old 18-05-2014, 07:50 PM
Silver Member

I'm like a lobster and it's stinging like mad, but it was a great day out.lots of nice cars and stunning scenery
Old 18-05-2014, 08:07 PM

Can't wait to see pics

Maintained and Modified by Super Jules
&
RM Performance http://www.rmperformance.co.uk
Old 18-05-2014, 08:17 PM
Bronze Member

Great Day, gorgeous sunshine and a good laugh with some top guys and girls. The mobile Scooby catering facility is incredible!! Wandaful!! Look forward to a summer of meets. Best club there today without a doubt!!!! Safe trip to the Germany crew! Jay and Tracy xxx
Old 18-05-2014, 08:19 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Good to see you both, Jay

I'm a lot more sunburnt that i thought i was, but the weather was beautiful. We were definitely one of the largest clubs there

Took a load of pics, and should have got some good'uns at the end with the line-up in front of the lake/castle.
Old 18-05-2014, 08:22 PM
Silver Member

Great day out and good to meet people again

The catering service was very much appreciated too ... thanks Wanda
Old 18-05-2014, 08:37 PM
Silver Member

Great to see you guys again,was good to put a few faces to names!
Hope you all had a great day the stand looked fantastic some lovely scoobies(no red ones though)lol
Hope you all had a safe clear drive home,we stayed and took some shots by the castle
Old 18-05-2014, 08:49 PM
Silver Member

Old 18-05-2014, 08:51 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

We managed to get a few like that as well Simon, just along from where all the Caterham/Lotus 7's were

Will post some up when i get a chance.
Old 18-05-2014, 09:11 PM
Bronze Member

Was a great day. Good to meet people and put faces to names. Was some real automotive eye candy to Gaup at. A BBQ would've really topped it off. I slotted in right behind the P1 and 650s on the way out, unfortunately neither gave it the beans. Nice to see another WR1 that I can aspire to big E, that's a beautiful example. I'll trawl through my pics and see if I've got any good ones to post up. Thanks again lads.
Old 18-05-2014, 09:36 PM
Bronze Member

Not a scooby, but car of the day for me.

And one from the end of the day.
Old 18-05-2014, 09:56 PM
Gold Member

What a great day, good to catch up with a few of you for a chat, car of the day for me has to be the yellow Mclaren
Old 18-05-2014, 10:06 PM
The Nurburgring JUDGE!

Another great day, excellent turn out with all the cars looking great. I didn't get chance to check out my pre booked room but that will be a relief to most as I forgot the nightware, also my first experience of the 5 star catering was as said before Wandaful 👍 it has been said I know but thanks all that organised again, a great job.. Looking forward to seeing the pics & some more meets. For all that attended, hope to see you soon and those going to the ring I'll see you sooner 😄
Old 18-05-2014, 10:12 PM
SES Catering & Picnic Services

Beautiful place and cars and lovely people. To top it all of we didn't get drenched for once.
Leeds castle wanted to keep thing picturesc so no club gazebo. We improvised and now have the worlds first camper scoobie! Dave's next mod is an icecream van jingle.
Old 18-05-2014, 10:34 PM
Gold Member

You need a FSTi... you could cater the whole event then.

Looks like a good day was had by all.
Old 19-05-2014, 06:41 AM
Bronze Member

Sorry I didn't make it. Woke up late set my alarm and no one waited for me from mine anyways. Hope it was a good turnout
Old 19-05-2014, 07:32 AM
Regular User

Default leeds castle

Hi guys, great day eh?, was as sunny as a sunny thing on sunny street, fabulous venue, perfect backdrop for the club pictures that were done, great to see all again, i know i'm not gonna miss trying fab food in the scoobie camper next time!!!, looked great
Great photo's by the way
Old 19-05-2014, 10:53 AM

Looks amazing - stand looked great lads

Maintained and Modified by Super Jules
&
RM Performance http://www.rmperformance.co.uk
Old 29-07-2014, 03:04 PM
Regular User

Hello,

First off I would like to apologise for this post taking so long to come about, It has been a learning curve regarding traders and sponsors but finally we can announce the total raised by this years Supercar Siege.

As you may or may not be aware our only sources of revenue from the event were from the car display passes, the Sporting Bears Dream Rides and a percentage of the takings from the catering vendors.

We have now managed to tally these all together and proud to announce that the event raised a total of: £13,681.14.
This final amount has now been recieved by the Royal Navy and Royal Marine Childrens Fund.

This is no small amount of money and will benifit the charity immensely.

We would like to extend our gratitude to all of the cars owners and their families who got up early, travelled to the far flung reaches of Kent and put up with the 28 degrees of British sunshine, all in the name of charity.

It was a long day but hopefully the show was enjoyed by them just as much as the visitors. The standard of car on display showed just how much the owners cared for their cars and we were in awe of some of the club stand displays.

Next we would like to say thank you to the drivers and volounteers that helped out with the Sporting Bears Dream Rides, to not only give up your weekends for numerous events throughout the year but to also allow members of the public to ride in your pride and joy whilst covering the cost of fuel etc is nothing short of remarkable.

The majority of the above total came from the donations for the car rides and without their particitpation the Siege would not have been the success it was.

If you want to join their ranks feel free to head over to: http://www.sportingbears.co.uk/

The food vendors and trade stands were a huge success this year, we managed to keep queues over the peek periods down to a reasonable level and I believe the traders also had some very happy customers. We are happy that we chose the comapnies that we did as they were amazing on the day.

The Royal Navy contingent were fantastic and I'm sure if you attended the show you no doubt will have wondered over to the helicopter display area at some point.
Not only were the team happy engaging the crowds but also helped focus peoples minds on what the whole day was about, raising money for a brilliant military charity.

And last but not least, the Missbanzai marshalls and Leeds Castle staff went above and beyong the call of duty over the weekend, both teams worked their socks off to make sure that the event was a success. Without their dedication and hard work this event could have gone awry but they made sure it was a success no matter what the cost.

Feel free to head over to our social media sites to add your feedback/photo's from the day:
facebook.com/supercarsiegetext
twitter.com/supercarsiege
instagram.com/supercarsiege

Also the RNRMCF is always looking for support so please have a look at their website found here: http://rnrmchildrensfund.org.uk/

Baz & Ross,
Team Supercar Siege
Old 29-07-2014, 09:25 PM
SES Catering & Picnic Services

Well done on the amount raised, a figure to be proud of.
Old 29-07-2014, 11:16 PM
Bronze Member

Excellent news. Roll on next year.