South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > Events & Meets > SouthEastScoobies Meets & Events

SouthEastScoobies Meets & Events SES club meets and events Only

Old 15-04-2015, 09:49 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
We're an easy going bunch

But on a serious note, its in our terms & conditions blurb at the bottom of every page that opinions posted on the forum are just that, and not necessarily those of anyone in the SES team. We'll only step in and remove posts if there is an obvious legality issue, such as posting copyrighted or other illegal content. Discussing cash jobs isn't breaking the law.

And if you want my personal opinion on this one I agree with you - but unfortunately it is all too commonplace for independent traders these days. For a job like painting the front of a car, I'd want it through the company books so I have a receipt in case the job isn't to my satisfaction and I need to get it rectified....
Thanks for responding Steve.

I wasn't suggesting you chaps took responsibility for it, but by the same token, discussing a murder isn't illegal, but I'd feel a but uncomfortable if someone started doing so on here without being told it wasn't appropriate.

Your point about the receipt is spot on, as even if you don't care about the wider illegality issues, from a self-interest position you are left exposed.

I acknowledge I was being a grumpy monkey yesterday. Thing is, I have invested a lot of time and effort in learning the tax legislation and legitimate ways of saving my clients money, so when people take the piss it gets on my wick.