South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > Events & Meets > Other Events

Other Events Other Regional Events, National Events, Track Days, Tunnel Runs Etc Etc

Old 15-04-2010, 10:26 AM
Bronze Member

Default The Straightliners 'Grudgement Days' thread

New sprint series based at Elvington, home of TOTB

Details:

Quote:
'Grudgement days at Elvington are all about you and your car going up against your mates on our handling course we will be running classes for all types of cars with awards on the day for the class shoot out winners and an overall championship winner who will also get a wild card entry free for TOTB 2011

These events are no threat motorsport events on the coned course using Tag timing gear with a timing card for each run to give you braging rights after the event

Entry fees will be £45 per event plus you will pay to get into the venue and entry will be available on the day our in the TOTB shop

Dates are all Sundays

18th April
23rd May
20th June
12 Sept
3rd October Finals and ScoobyShootout

Regards Trevor(Straightliners)'

Now although these are not Subaru exclusive we would expect a majority of cars will be so Trevor is also including a 'Scooby Cup'

Classes are as follows -

Four wheel drive cars split into three divisions Standard/Modified/Pro

Front wheel drive standard/modified/Pro

Rear Wheel drive standard/modified/Pro

Based on rules last year - rules based on last seasons ScoobySprint classes

Standard means - standard turbo, no more than a remap,

Modified - Road legal tyres and mostly trimmed car.

Pro - Pretty much anything goes.

I will be at the May date as a shakedown for ScoobySprint, and hope to do the Shootout too

Anyone else competing? I know Simon will be

Last edited by Justin; 15-04-2010 at 10:37 AM.
Old 15-04-2010, 11:53 AM
worzel

Cheers for the post Justin.

Again, one to watch out for.
Old 23-05-2010, 10:33 PM
Bronze Member

Just got back from Elvington, had a great day sprinting.

Qualified 2nd in class (Modified 4wd) and fastest Subaru of the day - beaten by an Evo.

In the final I went even faster, but was beaten by the Evo who went faster still and also pipped into 3rd by another scoob so just missed out on the fastest Subaru trophey.

Very pleased with my performance considering I was running low boost due to this misfire I haven't sorted yet, plus my car had full OE interior, aircon etc and I was beaten by a scoob that was stripped out wide arched and trailered to event.

It was a great day, good atmosphere and good banter had with fellow competitors, its a long way away but IMO worth it

Next round June 20th
Old 19-06-2010, 09:21 AM
Bronze Member

Next round tomorrow, travelling up today rather than getting up tomorrow at silly o'clock. I know one other member here competeing too
Old 20-06-2010, 10:26 PM
Bronze Member

Well, to say i had a good day was an understatement

Fastest in class, beating all Evos and winning the final, bagging 2 tropheys - 1st in class final and Scoob FTD

By may calcs I'm leading the championship, but I'm on holiday for the next round, whoops nevermind
Old 21-06-2010, 02:12 AM
Platinum Member

Well done buddy, great result especially beating the evo,s
Old 21-06-2010, 08:32 AM
Platinum Member

well done justin
Old 21-06-2010, 09:37 AM
Bronze Member

Thanks chaps

Driving home with the car packed with tools / wheels / baggage etc I left a space for the 2 tropheys on the passenger seat to keep me company on the long way home, lol

Bit like that advert with Andy Roddick buying a seat 1st class seat next to him for his winners trophey at Wimbledon, except mine was obviously more prestigous

Next round 12th Sept, I'm missing it so next round for me is 3rd Oct, lets hope I'm still in for a shot of the championship
Old 22-06-2010, 09:56 AM
Bronze Member

Results

Qualifying http://www.straightliners.co.uk/comm...1&d=1277155121

Final http://www.straightliners.co.uk/comm...2&d=1277155161

Yes, it was close
Old 21-08-2010, 08:06 AM
Bronze Member

OK there is a new round, this Sunday 22nd.

Overall Standings still haven't been compiled so noone knows their championship positions, but if I do well tomorrow I'm definately in with a shout

WINNER - Scooby Shootout 2011 Modified Handling class

WINNER - MLR Blyton Sprint 2012 Class S2

9th Overall - Ten Of The Best 2012 handling circuit 2 points for team Subaru 22B.com

With thanks to: ASTsuspensionUK.com JollyGreenMonster.co.uk ASPerformance.com AndyForrestPerformance.co.uk SD Motorsport
Old 22-08-2010, 10:43 AM
worzel

Good luck mate, hope it all goes well and you kick some arse!
Old 24-08-2010, 07:47 AM
Bronze Member

Didn't go too well, had a power steering fluid leak that caught fire on hot headers, luckily I had a hand held but tbh it was too small but others were on the scene immediately with decent ones and fire was out quickly. Only damage was split rad end tank which obviously disabled the car.

I was 3rd overall, 2nd in class and fastest scoob at the time, but fire happened just after lunch and at the end of the day was 5th in class and 2nd fastest scoob so missed out on points.

I was trailered back to a mates house who had a spare rad, we pressure washed all the powder residue out of the bay and I was back on the road later that evening.

All in all an experience I won't forget in a hurry

9th Overall - Ten Of The Best 2012 handling circuit 2 points for team Subaru 22B.com

With thanks to: ASTsuspensionUK.com JollyGreenMonster.co.uk ASPerformance.com AndyForrestPerformance.co.uk SD Motorsport
Old 24-08-2010, 08:59 AM
worzel

Good job Justin

A bugger about the split rad, but thankfully not more serious than that.

We'll make sure we arrange something to come and watch / support you at some point :double:
Old 24-08-2010, 09:53 AM
Crowman

Justin
What a sod about the fire, as Worzel says thankfully it was not to serious.
Great stuff though mate
Old 24-08-2010, 06:56 PM
Platinum Member

well done and things happen. Glad it wasnt to bad
Old 08-09-2010, 10:21 AM
Bronze Member

Next round is this weekend but I'm missing it, so I took the opportunity to send my AFP20g back to Andy Forrest to have an experimental billet compresser wheel put in for evaluation purposes. Good job too because upon inspection the thrust bearing collar had worn so much there was 2mm of axial movement of the wheel and it was grinding away at the compressor cover!

Its still managed 375HP on Charlies rollers (Vpower) just before I sent it away though, so hopefully I will be seeing a bit more power now assuming the billet 20G does its job.

Thanks to the fire I have decided to take the car to Subaru4U for a full checkover, they will fit the turbo and also check the clutch cylinder after my clutch issues at TOTB.

So next outing for the car will be the Grudgement Day finals, held alongside ScoobyShootout on October 3rd

Old 27-09-2010, 12:04 PM
Bronze Member

Finals this coming weekend, I have a bit more power now thanks to Andy Forrest's Billet20G

I'm just doing the Grudgement day sprint, which will share the handing course with the Scooby Shootout competitors.

Anyone else going?, if so come and say hello

Old 27-09-2010, 01:13 PM
Gold Member

Will be going up but not in the scoob
Old 03-10-2010, 10:42 AM
Gold Member

Currently sitting at elvington airfield looking at ALOT of standing water (2-3 inches in places), action should be good once it gets going.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Bronze Member

Well it got going despite the non-stop rain, just this week I found out I was in 3rd position overall, 5 points behind leader and 2 points off 2nd place. I was also told points scoring system - 10 points for fastest qualifier down to 1 point for 10th fastest, also top 4 go through to Finals where its 4 points for 1st and 1 point for 4th.

Today I found out the leader (in his evo) wasn't at the event which was wierd - he's only been to 4 of 6 now - same as me this was my 4th one of the 6 event series. So that meant all i had to do was to beat the guy in 2nd place (Andy) in qualifying AND the final to draw level on points which meant me winning the championship due to countback - I would have won 2 events to Andy's none (he's done 5 out of 6 events and scored consistantly).

Anyway the event. Wet. Very wet. Ironic thing was the rain only eased at 12:30 for half an hour - yep that was lunch, lol.

So my main aim is to beat Andy, thats all i need to do.I'm in Scoobyshootout but TBH wasn't interested in the 1/4 mile side of things so stuck to handling, which shared the same track as the SSO competitors.

Its so wet i decide not to put my Kumho trackday tyres on and stick to my 4 year old rock hard toyo T1R's. Despite advice from the experienced TOTB guys there to run the Kumho's - mine were so close to the markers there was hardly any tread left I stuck with the T1R's and monitored my times against Andy. My time were good, very good infact relative to Andy, I was always a second quicker so decided not to change. Then someone in a newage goes a second quicker than me on std RE070's in the SSO comp so i decide that i've got the best out of the toyo's and stick the Kumhos on. In doing this I got fooking soaked in the 20 mins it took but I thought it was worth it. this was at approx 3pm, I was about 5th in the queue to start when it just monsooned down. Qualifying was suspended, then the rain never abated until quali was over and time for the finals. But finals were cancelled due to standing water so I never got to try the kumhos but it didn't matter - I was 1st in qualifying (for grudgement day competitors) and finals were depicted by qualifying positions so I won that too

2 tropheys and by my calcs OVERALL CHAMPION

I am currently back at the B+B drinking beer from my Scooby cup - get in!!

Nice to meet you Dukeboy, you can be my lucky mascot

Old 03-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Gold Member

Yep what a wet day!!!

Back home and drying out, nice to of met you Justin you were going very well even in those conditions.

I think everyone that drove today deserves a trophy

Daz Davies also sounding great and going very well on the 1/4 mile .....see all that stress is worth it now ah
My first time up to Elvington and even in thoses conditions it was very enjoyable, would recommend this to people next year

Just afew pics from the day...http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/v...ead.php?t=6007

Will add more later!!!

Last edited by DukeBoy; 04-10-2010 at 12:09 AM.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:39 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeBoy View Post
My first time up to Elvington and even in thoses conditions it was very enjoyable, would recommend this to people next year
Been up in yorkshire all week for work - hope your drive home was better than mine! Took 7 hrs