South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Studio > Meet / Event Pics & Vids

Meet / Event Pics & Vids Post all your meet / event pictures here.

Old 08-05-2017, 12:46 PM
Gold Member

Default British Motocross Championship R3 2017 – Canada Heights

Not sure if there is any interest in motocross on here, but I like a bit of two wheeled motorsport (especially at Canada Heights), so I thought I’d post these up.

I didn’t really know who was who in this years Championship, so I was just there to watch some racing and take a few pictures…

…great day of racing and nice to see Canada Heights retain its usual level of accessibility. It’s one of the few tracks that doesn’t keep putting bigger barriers between the track and the spectators!
Old 08-05-2017, 12:50 PM

real superb pics there as always

Maintained and Modified by Super Jules
&
RM Performance http://www.rmperformance.co.uk
Old 08-05-2017, 01:22 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Claire will like these pics i think...
Old 08-05-2017, 05:31 PM
Platinum Member

Great Pics my favorite track too loved the sand,,

Miss this soooooooo Much
Old 08-05-2017, 10:58 PM
Platinum Member

Great pictures, this is another venue I should go to especially as I can hear the bikes from the back garden on a good day
Old 09-05-2017, 10:09 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdlangy1 View Post
real superb pics there as always
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby doo View Post
Great Pics my favorite track too loved the sand,,

Miss this soooooooo Much
Cheers chaps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
Well as long as someone looks at them it was worth posting them up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolesroor View Post
Great pictures, this is another venue I should go to especially as I can hear the bikes from the back garden on a good day
I can't recommend the place enough. It hasn't got sophisticated facilities or anything like that, but you can't really get much closer to the action!
Old 11-05-2017, 04:25 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Indeed she does! Glad to see Canada Heights hasn't changed much.

I haven't a clue who any of those guys are either! I think the ones who used to race back in my day are probably either collecting their pensions or have retired to the more sedate world of Trials riding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
It hasn't got sophisticated facilities or anything like that, but you can't really get much closer to the action!
Haha, they've got proper toilets and even have showers for the riders - that's about as sophisticated as it gets! Brighton MX used to have tin buckets with toilet seats on in a communal 'toilet area' with a piece of old sack blowing in the wind for a 'door'! We were proper classy!

Last edited by Claire_PPP; 11-05-2017 at 04:28 PM.
Old 11-05-2017, 05:04 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire_PPP View Post
Glad to see Canada Heights hasn't changed much.
Apart from a few direction changes and refinements, the circuit never seems to make major changes. I think it's great, as you get so used to going back to circuits to find they have pushed crowd lines further back (or put bloody great fences up).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire_PPP View Post
Haha, they've got proper toilets and even have showers for the riders - that's about as sophisticated as it gets! Brighton MX used to have tin buckets with toilet seats on in a communal 'toilet area' with a piece of old sack blowing in the wind for a 'door'! We were proper classy!
Haha, Canada Heights is pure luxury compared to that! To be fair they have got loos (with paper and everything) at Canada Heights, so I can't critique that. I've seen a lot worse at some far more expensive circuits!
Old 11-05-2017, 05:31 PM
Platinum Member

I used to only use the loos pre 9am as not a nice place..

#119 is mel pocock he was riding for Team Gb but last year in the world series had a crash that wasnt the worst hes had but his hand got court in the other guys sprocket making it extremely bad and nearly lost his hand.

1 year later hes back the British champs and ridding well.

Last edited by scooby doo; 12-05-2017 at 09:24 AM.
Old 11-05-2017, 08:18 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

ouch, that sounds nasty. I've long suspected that all motocrossers must definitely have a screw loose somewhere.... just looks like a first class ticket to A&E if you ask me!
Old 11-05-2017, 09:52 PM

Quote:
ouch, that sounds nasty. I've long suspected that all motocrossers must definitely have a screw loose somewhere.... just looks like a first class ticket to A&E if you ask me!

I had a go on a 250cc motocross bike once, got spat out the back as it cart wheeled one way and me the other...

And friend of mines dad still rides, stalled the bike once and whilst standing trying to kick start it had a biker go through his standing leg, let's just say his foot and knee ended up facing in different directions and he spent a few years going through airport security setting off the metal detectors!
Old 12-05-2017, 09:24 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
The only reason i don't compete any more,
too many broken bits and screws on me now.

Used to live and breath it but since little one it changed my view on injurys

(Kids ah always spoil the fun)
Old 12-05-2017, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NL03Scooby View Post
I had a go on a 250cc motocross bike once, got spat out the back as it cart wheeled one way and me the other...

And friend of mines dad still rides, stalled the bike once and whilst standing trying to kick start it had a biker go through his standing leg, let's just say his foot and knee ended up facing in different directions and he spent a few years going through airport security setting off the metal detectors!

Maintained and Modified by Super Jules
&
RM Performance http://www.rmperformance.co.uk
Old 12-05-2017, 09:46 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby doo View Post
#119 is mel pocock he was riding for Team Gb but last year in the world series had a crash that wasnt the worst hes had but his hand got court in the other guys sprocket making it extremely bad and nearly lost his hand.
Pocock was actually one of the few riders I recognized from previous years. The commentator was talking about his accident during the MX2 races, but I didn't know exactly what had happened to him. Bloody impressive to not only be back on a bike so soon, but be competitive as well.

Off topic: My last outing on a dirt bike (actually a pit bike) ended with a trip to A&E and 10 stitches in my leg: a bicycle is the only two wheel transportation I'll get on now!