South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Garage > Wheels,Tyres & Brakes

Old 21-06-2011, 03:49 PM
Silver Member

Default Help with bigger brakes on classic

Guy's i am selling my subaru 4 pots tomorrow (fingers crossed) i want better stopping power, want to go Brembo's, does it make a big difference??? I had the subaru 4 pots and didnt think that much of them??

I dont want to go too wild on the price... £400-£500 max...
Old 21-06-2011, 03:54 PM
Bronze Member

Not long ago did it on mine.. Stops 10 times better mate. Do it.
Old 21-06-2011, 04:01 PM
Silver Member

Cheers Doobs...Did you change front and back???

Also is the a spacific year i need to get etc, like off a 2002 or 2004 or are they all the same?
Old 21-06-2011, 04:06 PM
Platinum Member

Worth having a read through Scott's Thread
Old 21-06-2011, 04:28 PM
Bronze Member

Im in the same boat mate, brought a set of 2009 STI black brembo's (front and rear) for the classic but has been an age to get some proper wheels for them. Ive heard nothing but good things about them so depending on who gets theres on first will be good to see the differences mate.
Old 21-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Bronze Member

I did the rears first.. They made it feel like it was stopping from the back so did the fronts as well. I think any year will fit but not 100% sure. Mine came off a 2006. Also make sure your wheels fit over the fronts!
Old 21-06-2011, 06:22 PM
Bronze Member

There is a set on scoobynet for £420 which comes with discs and pads, they all fit, it's the rears from the hatches that don't go onto the classics if I remember right
Old 21-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Authorised Trader

only minor issue you may have with 2005> cars is the 114.3x5 PCD, you can simply get the discs re-drilled to suit

rear hatch STi brakes are totally different to the regular STi brembo's

ASPerformance 0191-4103770
PELTOR, PFC BRAKES, PAGID MOTUL, FERODO, SPEEDLINE, TRS, MINTEX, PIAA, HELLA, TEIN, WHITELINE, SUPER-PRO, MILLERS OILS
online shop!!
Old 21-06-2011, 07:35 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser.... formerly known as SilverSurfer

One of the best mods i done and was one of the 1st in the UK to do it. hence why I went for the WRX 2001> rear disk and modified bracket rather then the more recent STi rear disk and oversized handbrake shoes.

I previously had larger 4-pots on 330mm disks before doing front & rear brembo's.

I think the rears make quite a difference if combined with the fronts.
Old 21-06-2011, 07:40 PM
Bronze Member

The brakes I brought tyler were "adjusted" by GRD for the pervious owner, so james might be able to shed some light on what he did to get these on a classic.
Old 22-06-2011, 09:49 AM
Silver Member

Cheers guys for the advise and help....

Chris you are a diamond, just sent the guy a email, so hopefully i will collect this friday if he hasn't sold them, ...

Silverserfer i will be reading your thread when i get the rears, thats for sure...
Old 22-06-2011, 10:36 AM
Silver Member

Right guys before i buy the set from ScoobyNet just want to Double Double check the Calipers fit, they are off a 3 year old car, think HawkEye, is it just the discs that wont fit as they will be 114.3????

Also does anybody know where i can go to get the disk holes re-drilled as advised by AS Performance...
Old 22-06-2011, 10:40 AM
Authorised Trader

h/eye stuff is a bolt-on job for the front however you will also need a fitting kit, etc for the rear of the car if you wish to fit the rears........which we can also sort if required.........

just bear in mind that std wheels dont clear the Brembo's on the front

ASPerformance 0191-4103770
PELTOR, PFC BRAKES, PAGID MOTUL, FERODO, SPEEDLINE, TRS, MINTEX, PIAA, HELLA, TEIN, WHITELINE, SUPER-PRO, MILLERS OILS
online shop!!
Old 22-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Bronze Member

Tyler.. Just noticed you cant be far from me. If you want to pop over and have a look and check your wheels one night let me know.
Old 22-06-2011, 10:57 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asperformance View Post
h/eye stuff is a bolt-on job for the front however you will also need a fitting kit, etc for the rear of the car if you wish to fit the rears........which we can also sort if required.........

just bear in mind that std wheels dont clear the Brembo's on the front
Cheers buddy.... Greatly appreciated, just wish you guys were a little closer..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobs Scoob View Post
Tyler.. Just noticed you cant be far from me. If you want to pop over and have a look and check your wheels one night let me know.
Doobs that is perfect mate.. will pm you...
Old 22-06-2011, 11:19 AM
Bronze Member

No worries mate.