South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Garage > General Mechanics

Old 04-07-2011, 09:09 PM
Bronze Member

Default taking out engine???

hi guys errrrm can someone point me in the right direction into a walk through guide to taking my engine out! its my first time in attempting this i would love to have a go at doing this but im trying to be a little cautious

nicky
Old 04-07-2011, 09:47 PM
Gold Member

Can't give you a step by step as I can't really remember every detail ...was a long tome ago.. Sure someone will.. Can remember it being a doddle thou if you have a crane and correct tools !! If your mechanically minded helps no end!
Old 05-07-2011, 07:52 PM
Regular User

Take a look http://www.rs25.com/forums/f105/t632...e-removal.html

I think this is the correct guide.

Not that hard with the right tools
Old 05-07-2011, 07:55 PM
Regular User

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...=1&safe=active
Old 06-07-2011, 07:37 AM
Bronze Member

Sorry cant help, bloody work to do ....

Ex owner of - (Scoobie Less at present - still looking for one)

Subaru 1998 Classic UK Saloon (250 BHP) AWD Turbo and Subaru 1994 Classic UK Wagon (211 BHP) AWD Turbo
Old 06-07-2011, 10:41 AM
Bronze Member

Already lost doing it lol
Old 06-07-2011, 12:21 PM
Silver Member

From what i remember, unbolt axuluries on front, alternator power steering pump and ac if fitted. Take off top rubber mount for gearbox which is at back of engine smak bang in middle.. Pretty sure the power steering pump pipe will also be bolted to the side of the engine as well i think... Take out rad, and turbo. un link main loom on the left hand side and right... disconnect fuel lines which are near the top right hand corner. be warned there will be a little bit of petrol that will leak out, make sure you label up the pipes that come off the fuel filter...Take off the starter motor which will be connected to the back of the gear box. Then if you walk to the passenger side of the car look at where the gearbox meets the engine and there will be that little allen key slot (its a big shaped allen key slot) Undo that and inside there, there will be a big pin which olds the fork that connects to the release bearing on the clutch... Find a bolt and in the centre of that bolt screw it in and bull the pin out... Now ontop of the gearbox under the 2 bolts that hold the slave cylindar ontop. now lift the fork up so it is not near the release bearing.... There are now only another 2 nuts and 1 bolt holding the gearbox to the engine, all sucuring points are in far corners of engine, one bolt will go through starter motor into engine, then other one will be the other corner on top.. Now get underneath and there are 2 at the bottom of the engine in the bottom corners.. There are also 2 engine mount nuts that are at slight angles at bottom. Undo those 2 nuts aswell. Engine should be pretty much ready to lift as i am sure you said that you have taken turbo out already. Leave air mainfold in.. you should be able to see the engine split away from gear box, just take your time and check if any thing else needs to be disconnected, i think i have pretty much covered most things.... But may have forgotten something little....