South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > 555 Wagon Squadron > 555 Wagon Squadron's AREA 51

555 Wagon Squadron's AREA 51 Enter at your own risk!!!

Old 31-03-2009, 05:22 PM
Platinum Member

Default Mission BMW - the leaflet drop

Rounding the corner, even though it was a daytime raid, the bright glow of my target, the BMW dealership, came into view. They are not expecting me, I thought, as I throttled back on my approach off the A22. Hopefully they won’t notice the gruff burble of the flat four until it’s too late!

I spotted no traffic to speak of as I set my course across the second roundabout, steadying the steering wheel in my clammy hands. “This one’s for Dicky Dorkman”! I shouted to no-one in particular, as I was alone in the cabin. Dicky was a former Wagon owner who now drove a large German Touring Estate, and could not therefore be trusted.

On my final approach now, I gunned the throttle and swung across the line of bushes outside the forecourt, scattering many potential sales targets to the safety of the showroom! Deftly flicking the auto-tailgate-release button, I felt the steering go light as my load discharged across a line of nearly-new German bargains!

“Here’s some Subaru brochures you lucky blighters!” I shouted as I wound down the passenger window and gave the finger to the Senior Sales Executive, who emerged from behind a red 320 diesel.

I tore my gaze from his round staring eyes and shaking fist as he was shouting, and focussed on his lips. Fortunately, my Squadron lip-reading training meant that I could make out his cursing clearly. He called out: “Achtung! Achtung! Hier kommt der 555 Wagen Gruppe!!!"

I smiled and pulled away towards the A22 and home………………………………

Due to my IN CAR DELAYED POSITIONING IMAGE CAPTURE facility, I was able to get this shot on one of my passes.

Last edited by SUBARMAN; 01-09-2009 at 08:21 AM.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Bronze Member

Default Re: Mission BMW - the leaflet drop

You brave soul... what a spiffin humungus pair of bouncing betty's you must have there to attempt such a daring yet brave mission with little or no reinforcements...

I must say, you truly deserve a large hot cup of bovril on your return!!

To all others, this is the stuff true legends are made from (he says gazing toward the sunset with a tear)...

Hurrah!!!

Washout.. over
Old 02-04-2009, 08:39 AM
Regular User

Tally-ho Washout Old Chap!

Only now have security clearances allowed me to claim this mission as my own, what!

I understand the Squadron "Spiffing Adventures Committee" may award me a gong for my actions!!!!!!!!!!

Add this to the news that Ami "Rockbun" Rudrum has now completed more than twenty hours on Wagons and just has her "Formation Parking Episode" to complete under the watchful eye of "Chocks" and we shall all be fine and dandy!!!

Simpleton out......................... (also with a tear in my eye)
Old 02-04-2009, 12:45 PM
Bronze Member

Hurrah and Hurrah again.

Good to see 'Mr White' out on active duty and spiffingly good snaps from the ICDPICf. Those boys at MI555 certainly know how to put it up em... and they don't like it up em you know Mr Mannering!