South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > 555 Wagon Squadron > 555 Wagon Squadron's AREA 51

555 Wagon Squadron's AREA 51 Enter at your own risk!!!

Old 10-11-2008, 09:19 PM
Bronze Member

Default The Wagon so far...

Thought I'd give an update on how the wagon was changing since I got it in September. Been a bit busy so have been unable to get some pics up, however....

I thought that having got hold of some eibach springs to lower my wagon from standard, I would post up the final product (so far lol)...so here goes...

Standard:

Lowered with GramLight 57c's...

The end result was a 25mm drop to the front (60mm to 35mm) measured from the tyre to the wheel arch, and a 25mm drop to the rear (40mm to 15mm).

Overall, very impressed with the ride, aided by an STi rear anti-roll bar tied up with some mocom racing drop links the ride of the car has been transformed and now feels and responds more like my classic wagon did.

Also decided to add some mesh fog covers to transform the front end look. Haven't yet got them sprayed but you get the idea..

Check out my pipe....

Let me know what you think...

Cheers,

Rich

Last edited by SUBARMAN; 01-09-2009 at 08:46 AM.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:40 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Default Re: The Wagon so far...

Nice Rich,

Cooooooooooooool pipe!!!!!!!!
Old 10-11-2008, 09:54 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

good choice of fog lamp covers
Old 11-11-2008, 08:08 AM
worzel

Looking good matey
Old 11-11-2008, 12:11 PM
Silver Member

Sorry mate but i prefer the original wheels, dont like the new ones, but the rest of the car is great!!
Old 11-11-2008, 12:13 PM
Silver Member

Just to add, i think the new wheels look like 13" becase of there disign (i know they 17")
Old 11-11-2008, 05:13 PM
Platinum Member

Subtle but significant improvements Rich !!! Can't figure the wheels thing. I can see what Paul means, must be an optical illusion, camera angle, or something. Look forward to seeing in the flesh.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:29 PM
Gold Member

Looking good Rich, don't like the blue nuts (can you hear me trails ) but apart from that it gets a [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Granby/Smileys/thumbsup-1.gif[/img] from me
Old 13-11-2008, 08:33 AM
Crowman

Have to agree the wheels do look very small,is it also the tyre profile?

Other than that looking very nice
Old 13-11-2008, 05:08 PM
Bronze Member

Hello all,

You all seem to agree with my original dilemma about the wheels. It appears to be the fact that the spokes do not go all the way to the outer rim (oo err) which gives the impression the wheels are smaller. However, the colour does not fully help, although I recently gave my tires some wet n black treatment (oo err) which made the rim stand out more. The tyre profile is 45 (215 45 17).

As it stands, I did have a couple of offers for the wheels, but unfortunately nothing which would make me part with them really as they are a fantastic rim. They may be better suited to a classic, however, I suppose I was trying to stick away from the more common look (sorry If I offend) and try something a little quirky or different and get a look which you do not see everwhere. More of the Jap look. I suppose not everyone has the same taste at the end of the day.

Thanks for all your comments though.

Rich
Old 20-11-2008, 05:25 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granby
Looking good Rich, don't like the blue nuts (can you hear me trails ) but apart from that it gets a [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Granby/Smileys/thumbsup-1.gif[/img] from me

lol whatever
Old 20-11-2008, 05:29 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonza
Hello all,

You all seem to agree with my original dilemma about the wheels. It appears to be the fact that the spokes do not go all the way to the outer rim (oo err) which gives the impression the wheels are smaller. However, the colour does not fully help, although I recently gave my tires some wet n black treatment (oo err) which made the rim stand out more. The tyre profile is 45 (215 45 17).

As it stands, I did have a couple of offers for the wheels, but unfortunately nothing which would make me part with them really as they are a fantastic rim. They may be better suited to a classic, however, I suppose I was trying to stick away from the more common look (sorry If I offend) and try something a little quirky or different and get a look which you do not see everwhere. More of the Jap look. I suppose not everyone has the same taste at the end of the day.

Thanks for all your comments though.

Rich
Rich, you know my thoughts on the wheels...

The bronze colour shrinks the wheel (as any dark colour would), and you also have the chunkier bugeye styling to contend with...I'd go for a side light de-tango, tinted rear five windows, sti front splitter and sti projection headlamps...that will look v cool, especially with your blue nuts
Old 21-11-2008, 11:43 AM
Bronze Member

Found this on NASOIC...I reckon you need to take some pics with some decent lighting to show your bug in its true glory

Last edited by SUBARMAN; 01-09-2009 at 08:46 AM.
Old 21-11-2008, 01:53 PM
Platinum Member

Got some smoked markers and side indicators if you want them
Old 21-11-2008, 05:26 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. J.
Got some smoked markers and side indicators if you want them
Old 21-11-2008, 05:48 PM
Platinum Member

If you do just come pick them up dont want anything
Old 22-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Platinum Member

Great help there from Trails and CJ - that's what it's all about. Reckon CJ is trying to get into the Squadron!!!
Old 25-11-2008, 08:39 PM
Bronze Member

Trails - thanks for the comments... dam that wagon looks tasty... That's the look I'm after and feel that I'm getting near. Thanks for that though, appreciate it.

CJ - that sounds great! I may just take you up on that, I can't remember where abouts you are though (pm me if need be).

Thanks again ppl.

Rich