South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 20-11-2011, 12:24 PM
Bronze Member

Default What would you do??

Xmas day is looming and in about 30days time I'll be getting my Xmas bonus. Cleared it with the wife and e lot can go on the car I'm getting between £1500-£2000 question is what route so you lot think I should take. The car is standard and I've already detangoed and put a cat back exhaust on. Been on a dyno. And she is very healthy putting out 15 more bhp then she should as a standard car. And ideas would be very helpful
Old 20-11-2011, 12:26 PM
Bronze Member

Apologies for spelling and grammar. Top tip don't put threads up on an IPhone. Hahaha
Old 20-11-2011, 12:28 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkey85 View Post
Xmas day is looming and in about 30days time I'll be getting my Xmas bonus. Cleared it with the wife and e lot can go on the car I'm getting between £1500-£2000 question is what route so you lot think I should take. The car is standard and I've already detangoed and put a cat back exhaust on. Been on a dyno. And she is very healthy putting out 15 more bhp then she should as a standard car. And ideas would be very helpful
How about a new set of wheels and a remap. Or even some lowering springs.
Old 20-11-2011, 12:32 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

How about you consider:

You sell your current scoob and with the two monies combined,

buy a scoob that's already an upgrade from what you have.

That way you'll be able to get a lot more for your money.
Old 20-11-2011, 12:42 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG"E" View Post
How about you consider:

You sell your current scoob and with the two monies combined,

buy a scoob that's already an upgrade from what you have.

That way you'll be able to get a lot more for your money.
I thought about that and getting the hawkeye. But the reason I got the one I have is because it hadn't been molested. And is very strong running wise. She's had one owner (56yo) and he was very anal. Even went to Subaru for a headlight bulb! The receipts I've got our outstanding !
Old 20-11-2011, 01:04 PM
Platinum Member

If that was my car and it was running very healthy i would consider buying a different set of rims and lower it a little perhaps.
Old 20-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Bronze Member

I do need a new set of wheels as mine have started to bubble. What I'd really like is 300bhp and to look nice but understated. So when you look you double take. Is it standard? But then notice subtle changes. (if that exists hahaha)
Old 20-11-2011, 01:32 PM
Crowman

If you'd looking for more power, but not to exceed the braking capabilities. Then how about, injectors, air filter, better plugs, remap that's about £700. Then set of lowered springs, updated ARB and drop links that's another £400 , by the time all this is fitted and your geo has been set up that's your 2k
Old 20-11-2011, 01:32 PM
Silver Member

going fast is always fun but when you can't stop in time or control it.... it's not!!

Maybe look at handling and stopping first, wheels with some good tyres seeing as there the only bit that has contact with the road?!

The idea of selling the car and combining the money for an upgraded model is a good idea too, well cared for cars with a full detailed history are always more desirable. i was fortunate enough to get mine with a tonne of upgrades already done, i'd never be able to get a car and do whats been done to it for the amount i paid..... on the flip side its very satisfying modding it yourself!

whatever you choose there'll be loads of advice from people on here to help you out!
Old 20-11-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomma View Post
going fast is always fun but when you can't stop in time or control it.... it's not!!

Maybe look at handling and stopping first, wheels with some good tyres seeing as there the only bit that has contact with the road?!

The idea of selling the car and combining the money for an upgraded model is a good idea too, well cared for cars with a full detailed history are always more desirable. i was fortunate enough to get mine with a tonne of upgrades already done, i'd never be able to get a car and do whats been done to it for the amount i paid..... on the flip side its very satisfying modding it yourself!

whatever you choose there'll be loads of advice from people on here to help you out!

Just bear in mind,

what ever you spent its not going to increase to value of your scoob,

or if it does it will be minimal.
Old 20-11-2011, 02:15 PM
Bronze Member

What I was pondering was. Scoobyworld have a handling pack that seems do so everything I need at £1300. I've all ready got a cat back fitted and a decat down pipe (not fitted) so all I need to do is source a decat center. Hks panel filter already fitted. So on the power side just need to book with jgm. Unless I'm missing something I need to do I book up?? Defiantly want some new wheels. And in the new year address the braking and a respray (quite a few chips . Oh and I've got my old Plate that's being transferd over. W4ONK. Always gets a few questioning looks hahaha. How dose that plan sound?
Old 20-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Nige

Sell or px for an STI blob eye with the prodrive convertion. That way you will have better suspension, brakes, gearbox diffs, interior, wheels, the car will be the 300 bhp your looking for & be worth more money. You can't go wrong. You see it takes an Evo owner to come up with the better idea.
Old 20-11-2011, 02:33 PM
Crowman

Nige, true what you say but you try selling a scoob at the moment
Could raffle it
Old 20-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Gold Member

flog it and buy crowmans car
Old 20-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Silver Member

Hi there

depends what you want from your car and from this i would do,if you are looking for power with your budget you should be at 330-350bhp without the doubts..

Here are suggested parts and approx.prices:

VF35(£250-£350)
STi pink injectors(£120-£160) or simply get your re-flow yours WRX injectors to CJ
STi TMIC (£150-£250),but at 330bhp your WRX TMIC should be OK
3-port boost solenoid(£45-£75)
Decatted downpipe and center pipe(£160-£200)
Walbro/HRC fuel pump (£60-£100)
Remap,depends if you are want Open source or EcuTek

If you are doing this,i would suggest too Lowering springs(Tein,Eibach or Pi springs),better pads with discs or if you can buy Brembo setup for cheap(with some modifications you can fit EVO Brembo calipers on your WRX and will be cheaper on longer run,because EVO Brembo cost around £200-£350),plus rear 24mm ARB with solid droplinks and your car will be transformed to great car..

Good luck

Jura
Old 20-11-2011, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige View Post
Sell or px for an STI blob eye with the prodrive convertion. That way you will have better suspension, brakes, gearbox diffs, interior, wheels, the car will be the 300 bhp your looking for & be worth more money.
That is basically what I am saying.
Old 20-11-2011, 04:14 PM
Gold Member

get the feeling you want to keep it not sell it...wheels and suspension package!
Old 20-11-2011, 05:01 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Put aside the money you'll need for wheels/tyres and a remap (you will have to do this once you fit your decat downpipe).

Then spend the change on whiteline rear arb, front/rear droplinks and a set of lowering springs from eibach/tein or even get the Prodrive ones. If you want the car to stand out a little, then replace the orange wing markers, get a front splitter for it and see if you can get hold of some of the blobeye twisted sideskirts to replace the black plastic ones - makes a huge difference to how the bugeyes sit
Old 20-11-2011, 07:00 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige View Post
Sell or px for an STI blob eye with the prodrive convertion. That way you will have better suspension, brakes, gearbox diffs, interior, wheels, the car will be the 300 bhp your looking for & be worth more money. You can't go wrong
Agreed, that way your'll have Brembos, 6 speed, top mount, injectors etc to go further than the 300 your looking for because believe me at some stage you will want to and it will save you alot of money in the long run (I learnt the expensive way)
Old 20-11-2011, 07:18 PM
Bronze Member

Me personally would put the money away just for a raining day when the car goes wrong my engine has gone and it will cost what u get as a Christmas bonus and be happy enjoy what u got its still a fun car as it is and ur wheels bubbling u could get them re done
Old 20-11-2011, 08:25 PM
Bronze Member

Blimey there's a lot to take in there haha. One thing I will ask is about the remaps. I thought Its just a case of getting some one to do it for me. What's it all about with ecutek and lisences and all that?? But to everyone else I don't think I could ever sell her. Gonna do what I said get the handling pack first. (what's the point in going quick if I can't get round an corners). Then it'll be every thing else that'll lead up to the remap.
Old 20-11-2011, 08:34 PM
Silver Member

Buy my K Sports brakes and volk ray wheels, sorted
Old 21-11-2011, 06:22 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlife2 View Post
Simple but effective wording!!
Old 21-11-2011, 06:32 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlife2 View Post
Not herd of these. Got any photos?
Old 21-11-2011, 07:55 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkey85 View Post
Not herd of these. Got any photos?

http://www.southeastscoobies.co.uk/v...ad.php?t=10537
Old 21-11-2011, 08:31 AM
Silver Member

These are 356mm 8 pots but you can get 330mm to go under 17in wheels and I did paint them but you can get them in red now, pads are ds2500.

I think the old ones are about 300mm

Handling. Front strut brace ,Front and rear ARB's,Drop links,Anti lift kit with Eiback Springs which will give you a not to hursh set up.

Map, I did this first,Walbro fuel pump,Three port solenoid,Air filter,uppipe as the bug has a cat in it and for the exhaust I have a Hayward & scot with sports cat and Afterburner Vortex and that will give you about 270/280hp and a very nice road car .
Old 23-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Regular User

I had a uk classic (not the same as you have I know) but took the advice and traded it in and spent some dosh getting the JDM STI. Much more satisfying straight away (although the difference from classic to newage STI will be much bigger than Newage to newage) but you get much more for your money as standard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige
Sell or px for an STI blob eye with the prodrive convertion. That way you will have better suspension, brakes, gearbox diffs, interior, wheels, the car will be the 300 bhp your looking for & be worth more money. You can't go wrong

Agreed, that way your'll have Brembos, 6 speed, top mount, injectors etc to go further than the 300 your looking for because believe me at some stage you will want to and it will save you alot of money in the long run (I learnt the expensive way)

Have read lots of posts like this and am happy I made the decision to switch. I traded my old one cos trying to sell at the moment is a bit of a pig. Have a look around to see if a trader will offer you a decent deal.

If you don't want to sell then do what Jura said.
Old 24-11-2011, 09:07 AM
worzel

Suspension and brakes all day mate.

Get both of those sorted and your car is sorted