South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 02-12-2016, 01:04 PM
Platinum Member

Default Yes please

Wouldnt mind set of these

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

1998 UK Turbo , 1998 Terzo , 1997 JDM Type R the money pit , 2004 black WRX STI Type UK , 2004 blue FSTI
Old 02-12-2016, 05:22 PM
Authorised Trader

looks like the new Whiteline kit..........

as ever its available from your friendly forum sponsor, you might even get a freebie if you ask nice

ASPerformance 0191-4103770
PELTOR, PFC BRAKES, PAGID MOTUL, FERODO, SPEEDLINE, TRS, MINTEX, PIAA, HELLA, TEIN, WHITELINE, SUPER-PRO, MILLERS OILS
online shop!!
Old 02-12-2016, 05:27 PM
Events / Ring Trip Organiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by asperformance View Post

as ever its available from your friendly forum sponsor, you might even get a freebie if you ask nice
Old 02-12-2016, 06:31 PM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Quote:

A free set of coilovers? Where do I sign?
Old 02-12-2016, 10:38 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_PPP View Post
A free set of coilovers? Where do I sign?
Thats what i was thinking

1998 UK Turbo , 1998 Terzo , 1997 JDM Type R the money pit , 2004 black WRX STI Type UK , 2004 blue FSTI
Old 14-01-2017, 08:53 PM
Regular User

What kind of money are we looking at for a set of coilovers for a 2001 Uk300 mine are really rusty and the springs too .
Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 14-01-2017, 09:33 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRC MAN View Post
What kind of money are we looking at for a set of coilovers for a 2001 Uk300 mine are really rusty and the springs too .
Thanks in advance

That depends on what make you buy i paid just over £900 for my tein type flex for my classic which are good coilovers but wouldnt recommend bc's as after 6-12months they are either knocking or snapped springs .

Old 15-01-2017, 12:17 AM
Regular User

That's exactly why I don't want to jump in and buy anything just because they nice an shiny!!!
I have been looking at tein and standard dampers too .

Old 15-01-2017, 12:41 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRC MAN View Post
That's exactly why I don't want to jump in and buy anything just because they nice an shiny!!!
I have been looking at tein and standard dampers too .

I was reccomended by 2 people to by tein glad i did as some of our roads up here in scotland are ****e but most are awesome and the car handles better than it did with the bc's , kw are awesome aswell but they come with a very nice price tag just depends on budget if i bought brand new sti oem shocks and springs i was looking at 1300 without fitting for my type r .

Old 15-01-2017, 08:22 AM

As per Scottys comments above - tein, come highly recommended. Bc's are cheap but do a job however people have rust issues over any length of time. Kw are pricey but you get what you pay for.

I have eibach on mine which work well but the fit is not straightforward at all regardless of what manufacturers may say. That's with white line front mounts and group n rear mounts.

Saying that for everyday driving the STi ones are a good balance ... I still have mine encase I decide to go back to standard.

Maintained and Modified by Super Jules
&
RM Performance http://www.rmperformance.co.uk
Old 15-01-2017, 09:38 AM

I have a set of these on mine:

These are technically made by KW as it's all done in the same factory, uses KW damper technology but sold as 'ST' and are galvanised bodies compared to stainless of the KW stuff, so the price is a bit easier to swallow!

Had some KYB replacements with Eivach springs that only lasted 3 years before one started knocking.

I have been impressed with these on the road, haven't seen any track action since installing them but I am expecting them to be more then capable.
Old 17-01-2017, 07:10 AM
Regular User

Have been looking at the Tein flex Z set up ,scoobyworld £789 .thoughts please ?

Old 17-01-2017, 08:27 AM
Authorised Trader

as with most things we can sort deals on Tein, KW, Eibach, Whiteline, etc. if you contact the office direct.......

ASPerformance 0191-4103770
PELTOR, PFC BRAKES, PAGID MOTUL, FERODO, SPEEDLINE, TRS, MINTEX, PIAA, HELLA, TEIN, WHITELINE, SUPER-PRO, MILLERS OILS
online shop!!
Old 19-01-2017, 09:40 PM
Regular User

Quote:
as with most things we can sort deals on Tein, KW, Eibach, Whiteline, etc. if you contact the office direct.......

Sounds like a plan when I am ready to buy a set I will give you guys a call,should I mention the forum on the phone ? or will you guys do a deal regardless ? .sometimes it just nice to know where the business is coming from !!!!