South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > General Forums > General Car / Scooby Chat

General Car / Scooby Chat General chat, car related. Threads posted in here may well be re-directed to a more relevant home.

Old 18-02-2017, 08:20 PM
Platinum Member

Default Brainless People

Just read a post on Scabbynet entitled "MOT Station Photo Shoot", in the post were lots of photos of a really clean wide arch blob obviously in for its MOT from lots of angles showing the interior of the MOT bay, number plate on show (front is illegal) and later in the post it states it has no catalytic converter. I've pointed out the error of his ways as the MOT history states it passed once it's headlamp alignment had been sorted with no mention of the obvious faults.
Old 18-02-2017, 09:19 PM
Platinum Member

This is why I came off Facebook, got fed up with arguing with people that don't think before they type.

Now you have to put up with me ranting on here instead
Old 19-02-2017, 07:41 AM
Gold Member

I had a barrage of abuse when I pointed out to a chap selling his imported Impreza STi that "registered as a Sport, so cheap insurance" was a really poor selling point and illegal.

"Bet you're fun at a party" "there's always one", etc.

They were acting like I was completely in the wrong and should be roundly mocked.

It really pissed me off. The guy could not understand that it was wrong to advertise it as having cheap insurance. Doubly irritating was that they were basically attacking me for "spoiling" his for sale thread.
Old 19-02-2017, 08:01 AM
Platinum Member

I've had no come back other than from the OP but the thread has stopped dead in its tracks now.

I wasn't criticising the mods, It would be a bit hypocritical of me to do that, my concern was for the guy with his name on the MOT certificate and the owner of the MOT Station.
Old 19-02-2017, 10:16 AM
Silver Member

You even made me go and find the thread . Scoobynet is one of those forums with a lot of dicks on it.
But he now tries to claim it was all swapped around for the mot which is a load of rubbish.
As you say could get the garage into a lot of trouble and potentially lose its mot title. Some people really don't think. You never know who is on these forums and looking for things just like that
Old 19-02-2017, 10:39 AM
Platinum Member

It's one of the reasons most large forums have an insurance company that they are affiliated with in some way and are active on the forums, no easier way to find out about undisclosed modifications than through someone's posts.
Old 19-02-2017, 11:25 AM
Bronze Member

In all honesty most Modified Cars would find it hard to pass a mot,most probably on emissions alone,so me personally I don't comment on things like that as 9 times out of 10 the OP already knows,but i agree that certain things like that is best kept quiet and to ones self as you never know who could be reading these threads.SJ.