South East Scoobies  

Go Back   South East Scoobies > The Garage > General Mechanics

Old 06-05-2017, 09:43 AM
Bronze Member

Default 400 bhp

So how do I get my STI to knock on the 400hp door and still be nice and reliable?
Is it just as simple as upgrade the turbo and injectors and remap?

What about if I just decat what I have and remap on the std turbo?

Mine is the last of the EJ20 sti's so I hear the engines are a peach

Cheers

Tein - Enkei - Cosworth - Toyo - H&S - RaceDynamix - Godspeed - Performance Friction - Hel - Pro-sport - OMP - HT Autos
STI 2006 Blobeye
Old 06-05-2017, 09:52 AM
Admin, Meets/Events Organiser

Decat/remap on standard turbo will see you around 330-340 max as it'll be limited by the VF35.

Going towards 400 will of course need a bigger turbo. You could upgrade injectors as the pinks will be pretty maxed but pretty sure they will get you to 400 (but not a lot more!). Biggest job would probably be going FMIC, as the TMIC will struggle at this power. So cutting of inner wings, bumper etc. You'll still need to decat (or get a good sports cat at the least). Upgrade fuel pump if you haven't already too....
Old 06-05-2017, 10:02 AM
Bronze Member

Thanks Steve.

Mine had the PPP fitted so already has the fuel pump and sports cat fitted and I hear the TMIC is ok up to the 400 mark which is ideally where I would like to be.
So I'm basically looking at bigger turbo and decat and tune then?

I assume this is all fairly straight forward stuff to carry out too?

Cheers

Tein - Enkei - Cosworth - Toyo - H&S - RaceDynamix - Godspeed - Performance Friction - Hel - Pro-sport - OMP - HT Autos
STI 2006 Blobeye
Old 06-05-2017, 10:40 AM
Platinum Member

if we are talking about a uk Sti.

Stock vf 330 max 350
stock injectors 360/370
stock good condition Tmic 400hp
Stock air box with filter good for 400 too

Parts required

Ecu software upgrade cant remember if ppp cars just require tune on the existing file as licensee already there.

PPP full pump or walbro 255+. id thnk of changing if ppp as few years old now,,

FULL 3 inch system decatted would be better but a sports cat in the down pipe will work

turbo such as SC42 or old school 20g

750 injectors not sure if fuel reg required for control

colder Plugs

Tmic will work but is on its limit options are Fmic or v9+ Tmic as larger.

Extras Such as Rcm headers and up pipe, 3port BCS , A Rcm Ind kit, intake pipe, will all help towards making it more free flowing.

Last edited by scooby doo; 06-05-2017 at 10:44 AM.
Old 06-05-2017, 12:01 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby doo View Post
if we are talking about a uk Sti.

Stock vf 330 max 350
stock injectors 360/370
stock good condition Tmic 400hp
Stock air box with filter good for 400 too

Parts required

Ecu software upgrade cant remember if ppp cars just require tune on the existing file as licensee already there.

PPP full pump or walbro 255+. id thnk of changing if ppp as few years old now,,

FULL 3 inch system decatted would be better but a sports cat in the down pipe will work

turbo such as SC42 or old school 20g

750 injectors not sure if fuel reg required for control

colder Plugs

Tmic will work but is on its limit options are Fmic or v9+ Tmic as larger.

Extras Such as Rcm headers and up pipe, 3port BCS , A Rcm Ind kit, intake pipe, will all help towards making it more free flowing.
Lovely thanks for the info much appreciated.

Looks like best part of £2k to get to that figure think I will see what a remap can do on the current set up then and ponder weather its worth the extra money for 50-70hp

Cheers
Si

STI 2006 Blobeye
Old 06-05-2017, 02:02 PM
Platinum Member

I had a ppp uk car , and ran simple mods
Full 3in miltek catless
Cosworth panel filter
Ppp pump
Rcm headers and up pipe
Mapped made 343hp made it a nice drive and picked up quickly which made it nice for daily.
Suspension is good call from from here onwards
Old 06-05-2017, 05:25 PM
Moderator (formerly known as Bluebugeye!)

The Litchfield T25s were around the 400 mark on OE TMIC. so 3' Sports Cat system, fuel pump, injectors and turbo should do it.
Custom exhaust - Cosworth filter - Samco Intake - Tints - Bilstein B8/B6 & STI springs - SuperPro ALK - Whiteline positive shift kit, rack mounts, rear adjustable camber bushes, front ARB mounts & strut brace, 20mm rear ARB with AVO mounts, - Hardrace Gearbox and pitch mounts - Prodrive PFF7's - Front Brembos - Kenwood CarPlay - 1/2 carbon grille - STI front splitter
Old 06-05-2017, 05:57 PM
Platinum Member

They where cosworth built 2.5 tho , twinscroll and the hawkeye jdm tmic is larger than the v7/8 so more surface area
The earlier type 25 blob was iirc 360hp?